A pictorial guide to a quick and easy- to -follow Zesty corn salad. This recipe I must admit is for all those people who are looking for something healthy tonight. Quick, healthy and easy to prepare and in minutes you have a perfect salad sitting on your table which is bursting with flavor and nutrition.
Enriched with fresh and fantastic flavors of black beans, caramelized corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, green onions and lettuce is truly a one pot healthy meal. Caramelized corn involves tiny bit of more work but it adds that toasted flavor, also adding roasted cumin seeds provides plenty of aromatic flavor and texture to this salad.
Few changes you can do to improvise this Zesty Corn Salad recipe –
1) Don’t have black beans on hand substitute it with Black eyed beans(Lobia).
2) Not a great fan of avocado – skip it.
3) For the salad dressing – you can use a store bought thick Ranch dressing.
4) No cherry tomatoes – use chopped tomatoes but remove the pulp as it may make the salad too runny.
5) For salad dressing – you may substitute yogurt with Mayonnaise for thicker sauce- but then it will not be a vegan sauce.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Zesty Corn Salad
FOR VEGGIE RANCH DRESSING
- 2 bunches of Green Lettuce
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Chopped Avacado
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Chilies
- 8-10 nos. Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 1.5 cup Homemade Baked Tortilla Strips
- A pinch of Salt to season corn
- Let's assemble all our ingredients.
- In a pan- add butter and add corn. Saute it on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes or till its toasted. Season it with salt.
- Wash and chop green lettuce/Iceberg lettuce.
- Add corn to it.....
- Add Black beans to it....
- Time for some chopped avocado..
- Sprinkle roasted cumin seeds....
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes...
- Add Chopped cilantro...
- Green onions...
- Top it with tortilla strips...
- Once you are ready to eat drizzle salad dressing on top of the salad.
- Go slow while adding salad dressing. Some like it less but I prefer my salads full of it..
- Salad all ready to eat...Let's dig in...
- Now comes the fun part. Tasting.. my taste buds have already started to drool over the site of it..
- This salad not only captures the color of the veggies but it's packed with loads of nutrition.
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Churn it in a mixer - chill it the refrigerator for 2-3 hours and it's ready to use.