Satisfy your salad cravings with this fresh and light Roasted Chickpea And Arugula Salad. A fantastic salad packed with crispy chickpeas, tomatoes and corn kernels. A perfect side dish for any meal!
Winter has ﬁnally loosened its grasp on us, allowing for spring to take hold and bless us with great weather, and great food. Spring has always been associated with greenery- from the lush green grass ﬁelds to the delicious, healthy green salads. Roasted Chickpea And Arugula Salad
One such green that especially stands out is arugula. Its peppery ﬂavor and versatility allows it to be a perfect inclusion in any salad and can be paired with almost any topping in the world. After buying a fresh bag of baby arugula from the store, I made my favorite Roasted chickpea and Arugula salad drizzled with homemade vinaigrette. A hearty, wholesome meal was on the table in less than 30 minutes.
As soon as my boys laid their eyes on this delicious homemade, healthy salad, they completely devoured it almost leaving nothing for my husband and me. 😉
DON’T LET THE SIMPLICITY OF THIS SALAD FOOL YOU!
This Roasted chickpea and Arugula salad is –
- Full of flavor
- And filling!
Overall, a complete protein-packed salad that is perfect for a light lunch or as a side for dinner.
ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH ARUGULA LEAVES?
Arugula is also referred to as roquette or salad rocket. Arugula leaves are bright and crispy and have a subtle peppery ﬂavor. These leaves are a complete nutritional powerhouse. They are an excellent source of fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamins A, C, and K.
Combine it with protein-rich ingredients for a healthy, wholesome salad that will appeal to anyone.
How to make Roasted chickpea and Arugula Salad?
This salad has all my favorite ingredients assembled in one bowl – Cajun seasoned roasted chickpeas, fresh corn kernels, and delicious cherry tomatoes tossed with an ample supply of homemade olive oil vinaigrette dressing.
Arugula forms the base of this dish. If you feel like making changes to this salad, then I think lettuce leaves and baby spinach would be great additions.
Roasted chickpeas are a lovely contrast to any salad. It is perfect for people who love extra crunch and texture in their salads.
On a personal note, these chickpeas are so crispy and crunchy that it can be eaten on its own as a side dish. They make a great portable snack too!
FEW WORDS ABOUT THE DRESSING!
I have dressed my salad with a homemade light olive oil vinaigrette dressing. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Cover and PULSE until the mixture thickens. The sweet taste of this dressing perfectly balances out the peppery flavors of arugula.
All in all, a perfect combination of ﬂavors that is guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family.
A note – Feel free to take a shortcut and substitute homemade dressing for a store-bought one.
Do give this healthy, flavorful salad a try. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Roasted Chickpea And Arugula Salad
FOR ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- 1.5 cups Drained,rinsed and washed Chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasonings
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 - 15 ounce can Drained,rinsed and washed Corn Kernels
- 16 pieces of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 LB pack (454 grams) of Baby Arugula Leaves
- 1.5 cups Roasted Chickpeas
OLIVE OIL ITALIAN DRESSING - MAKES 3/4 CUP
- 1/2 cup Any neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup or Honey ( non-vegan option)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly crushed Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Assemble seasonings for chickpeas.
- Add cooked/drained chickpeas to a bowl and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Toss well to coat.
- Transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet or an air fryer. In the oven bake at 400 degrees F and in an air-fryer bake @370 degree F for 20 minutes until slightly crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add washed baby Arugula leaves to a large mixing bowl. Add in sliced tomatoes.
- Top with corn kernels and roasted chickpeas.
- FOR DRESSING - Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Cover and PULSE until the mixture is thickened and well-combined. Adjust seasonings and store in an air-tight container. This dressing keeps well in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. Pour 3-4 tablespoon of the dressing over the salad. Adjust dressing as per need, mix well.
- Serve right away. Taste best when fresh.
- Collard greens
- Mustard greens or