This 20-minute colorful corn salsa bursting with fresh-farm flavors is an excellent appetizer for any summer party. Pair it with just about anything: tacos, rice, or tortilla chips and you will love it! As an added bonus: no meal prep required, quick, super easy, healthy, and amazingly delicious!
Summer is inarguably the best time to buy fresh produce. At this time of the year, our local farmers market is at its fullest; overflowing with sweet apples, to juicy oranges, watermelons to an array of bright berries.
Today, the produce that grabbed my attention was: farm-picked sweet corn-on-the-cob. The corn looked so fresh that I bought a bucket full of it and I am going to make a no-cook colorful corn salsa for my upcoming picnic potluck.
This sweet and slightly spicy salsa makes a delicious accompaniment to any dish. And I am sure with all the bright colors that go into this salsa; it will make a beautiful presentation at the picnic table. Let’s look at the ingredients that make up this salsa.👇
Ingredients required to make this Colorful Corn Salsa!
- Fresh Corn: The base of this recipe is freshly harvested corn. It has the sweetest and juicy flavor. Besides that, it lends a beautiful color and some nutrients like vitamin B, C, and magnesium to this salsa.
- Onions: I have used red onions as they are the mildest and sweet onions.
- Green Bell Pepper: These peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C, E, A, and potassium. In addition to that, these peppers are super-crunchy in texture.
- Red Bell Pepper: They add a sweet flavor and bright color to this salsa and are packed with antioxidants.
- Cilantro: stems removed and finely chopped.
- Cumin Powder
- Red Chili Flakes
- Lime Juice: Only FRESH! The juice of one lime, or about 1/4 cup lime juice.
How to make a Colorful Corn Salsa?
This recipe is super easy, maybe too easy to make. All you have to do is:
GATHER: all the ingredients for this colorful corn salsa. If you are working with fresh corn, then the first step is to remove the corn kernels off the cob. Next step is to blanch the corn kernels in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and rinse immediately under cold water to stop the cooking process entirely. Allow it to cool.
DICE: Wash and dice onions and bell peppers and transfer them to a bowl. Squeeze the juice out of a lime.
ASSEMBLE: Add all the ingredients into the bowl – blanched corn kernels, diced veggies, lime juice, and spices. Give it a quick stir and mix it well. You are all done!
SERVE: This salsa is excellent when served immediately but will taste SO MUCH BETTER if refrigerated. Allow it to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the flavors to mend and achieve a deeper and more complex flavor.
Delicious ways to serve this Colorful Corn Salsa!
- Chips and Nachos make the popular choice.
- As an accompaniment to salads or grilled meats and vegetables.
- As a base to tacos or enchiladas.
- As a side to Mexican rice.
- Top your Tostada pizza.
- The list is endless.
Can this salsa be made a day in advance?
No-cook corn salsa comes together in minutes; therefore, I would recommend preparing it fresh. But if you prefer to make it a day-in-advance, then you sure can. I would opt out on adding lime juice and spices to the salsa and add it on the day of the serving.
How long does Colorful Corn Salsa stay good?
This salsa stays good for up to two days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. After that, the added salt will start to release its water, and the salsa will lose its texture as the veggies will become all mushy and watery.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email, and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more summer drinks, try these other options!
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Chickpea Hummus
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Zesty Black Eyed peas and Corn Salsa
Are we friend’s yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on –
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on –
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Colorful Corn Salsa
- If you are working with fresh corn, then the first step is to remove the corn kernels off the cob. Remove the husk and silk from the corn. Hold the corn from the ear/stem at an angle into a bowl. Take a sharp knife and carefully strip the kernels off the cob. Corn kernels will fall off in the bowl. Rotate the corn and repeat the same process on the other side.
- Next step is to blanch the corn kernels in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and rinse immediately under cold water to stop the cooking process entirely. Allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, assemble rest of the ingredients. Wash and dice onions and bell peppers and transfer them to a bowl. Squeeze the juice out of a lime.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl – blanched corn kernels, diced veggies, lime juice, and spices. Give it a quick stir and mix it well.
- Allow the salsa to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the flavors to mend and achieve a deeper and more complex flavor.
- Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!
- Grill the fresh corn and remove the corn kernels from the cob. Add it to the recipe. This will add a smoky flavor to the salsa.
- Feel free to add other fresh farm veggies to the salsa. Like tomatoes (use a firm one), avocados, and cucumber.
- Not a big lover of cilantro, no worries, use mint leaves instead.
- Don’t have fresh corn on the cob available, use either canned corn kernels or frozen corn kernels.
- For a spicy kick, add a green chili (serrano peppers) to this recipe. Make sure to de-seed the pepper before adding to the salsa.