This colorful corn salsa bursting with fresh-farm flavors is a crisp and colorful recipe that goes well with just about anything. Pair it with tacos, rice, or tortilla chips, and you will love it! Perfect for parties, picnics, and potlucks!
The best part, this homemade corn salsa comes together in minutes and tastes amazingly delicious!
If you are a fan of bright, bold flavors, then this colorful corn salsa is just for you.
It’s full of pantry staples and farm-fresh ingredients like corn, red and green bell peppers, fresh cilantro, and lots of fresh lime juice – bright, colorful, and made-from-scratch.
Trust me; nothing beats the flavor of fresh salsa on a hot summer day, and it makes an eye-pleasing presentation at the picnic table!
Why this Corn salsa recipe works!
- Easy to make
- Nothing fancy, just a handful of simple ingredients
- Healthy and flavorful
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Delicious, refreshing, and packed with a zesty kick, and
- A delightful accompaniment to any dish,
This colorful corn salsa is incredibly easy to make. It has a short ingredient list and requires no fancy ingredients. Once you make this at home, you’ll never go back to the store-bought salsa again.
The best part, you can customize this recipe and truly make it your own.
Ingredients that make up Colorful corn salsa
» Fresh Corn – I have used fresh corn from the cob as it really makes a huge difference. But feel free to use whatever you have on hand – canned or frozen corn. If using canned, make sure the corn is rinsed and drained completely.
» Bell Peppers- I have used green and red bell peppers for color and crunch. Yellow bell peppers also work well.
» Onions- I have used finely chopped medium red onion.
» Cilantro- One of the key ingredients that add great flavor. Use lots of fresh green cilantro. Not a cilantro lover, use parsley.
» Seasonings – salt, cumin powder, and red chili flakes add flavor and spice to our corn salsa.
» Lime Juice – Use fresh as it adds tons of flavor. Trust me, freshly squeezed lemon juice will make all the difference and take this corn to a whole new level.
How to Make a Colorful Corn Salsa?
This recipe is super easy, maybe too easy to make. All you have to do is:
PREP WORK: Gather all the ingredients for this colorful corn salsa. If you are working with fresh corn, then the first step is to remove the corn kernels off the cob.
To do that, hold an ear of corn on a chopping plate. Now take a sharp knife and run down the cob’s side to remove the kernels. Repeat the process on the other side until all the corn kernels are removed from the cob.
The next step is to blanch the corn kernels in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and drain. Rinse the corn immediately under cold water to stop the cooking process entirely. Allow it to cool.
Transfer the cooled corn to a large mixing bowl.
DICE: Peel, rinse, and finely dice onions and bell peppers. If you prefer a spicy salsa, then finely chop a green pepper (without the seeds) and add it to the salsa.
ASSEMBLE: Add all the ingredients into the bowl – blanched corn kernels, diced veggies, lime juice, and spices. Now, toss everything until combined. That’s it; you are all done!
SERVE: This salsa is excellent when served immediately but will taste SO MUCH BETTER if refrigerated.
Allow it to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours to mend and achieve a deeper and more complex flavor.
Delicious ways to serve this Colorful Corn Salsa!
Can this salsa be made a day in advance?
No-cook corn salsa comes together in minutes; therefore, I recommend preparing it fresh. But if you prefer to make it a day-in-advance, you sure can.
I would opt out of adding lime juice and spices to the salsa and add it on the serving day.
How long does Colorful Corn Salsa stay good?
This salsa stays good for up to two days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. After that, the added salt will release its water, and the salsa will lose its texture as the veggies will become all mushy and watery.
Let Me Know What You Think!
Should you make Colorful corn salsa or any variation of it, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
Craving for more, try these other options!
Colorful Corn Salsa
- If you are working with fresh corn, then the first step is to remove the corn kernels off the cob. Remove the husk and silk from the corn. Hold the corn from the ear/stem at an angle into a bowl. Take a sharp knife and carefully strip the kernels off the cob. Corn kernels will fall off in the bowl. Rotate the corn and repeat the same process on the other side.
- Next step is to blanch the corn kernels in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and rinse immediately under cold water to stop the cooking process entirely. Allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, assemble rest of the ingredients. Wash and dice onions and bell peppers and transfer them to a bowl. Squeeze the juice out of a lime.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl – blanched corn kernels, diced veggies, lime juice, and spices. Give it a quick stir and mix it well.
- Allow the salsa to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the flavors to mend and achieve a deeper and more complex flavor.
- Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!
- Grill the fresh corn and remove the corn kernels from the cob. Add it to the recipe. This will add a smoky flavor to the salsa.
- Feel free to add other fresh farm veggies to the salsa. Like tomatoes (use a firm one), avocados, and cucumber.
- Not a big lover of cilantro, no worries, use mint leaves instead.
- Don’t have fresh corn on the cob available, use either canned corn kernels or frozen corn kernels.
- For a spicy kick, add a green chili (serrano peppers) to this recipe. Make sure to de-seed the pepper before adding to the salsa.