Take your breakfast or snack time to a whole new level with this hearty and delicious avocado toast. This toast layered with fresh avocados, bright cherry tomatoes, and spicy roasted chickpeas add beautiful color and flavor to your morning routine.
It’s no secret that I love AVOCADOS! In fact, it is one of my favorite fruit after mangoes. Whether it be sandwiches, salad, pasta, or dips, I can cook anything with avocados. I am so smitten by them.
But, was it always like this? Not really.
I’ll have to admit that I hated avocados. I found them very bland, unappealing and slimy.
It was all because growing up, I never tasted or ate an avocado. Avocados were not native to Asia; therefore, we never got to try it as kids.
But in recent years, I have embraced this beautiful fruit wholeheartedly. And how did this happen?
Well, blame it on my friend. Some four years back, at a party, she asked me to taste an appetizer that was layered with “spinach hummus.” I found the taste different but loved it, and I managed to eat quite a few of those. It came as a big surprise to me when I learned that that hummus, in reality, was an Avocado!
Slowly and gradually I started experimenting with different flavors, and it began to grow on me. And now I am a huge avocado lover, and this recipe that I want to share with you all is d-licious!
It’s my go-to recipe to curb the hunger pangs in-between meals. The best part is that it is loaded with good stuff – gluten-free whole grain bread, plant-based protein, and healthy nutrients.
What Do I Need to make Avocado Toast With Roasted Chickpeas?
Don’t get fooled by the simplicity of this dish. All the toppings add a nice creamy touch and take this recipe to a whole new level. Let’s look at the toppings-
Avocado is the star ingredient. This meaty fruit is packed with essential vitamins, nutrients, potassium, and fiber. You will love how creamy and rich it will turn out be once blended with other ingredients. Therefore, ripe avocado is a must for this recipe, the one that can be easily mashed and smeared on a toast. Underripe avocados will not give as much flavor as the ripe ones.
Chickpeas provide a nice texture and crunch and texture to this recipe. Besides being gluten-free and vegan, it is an excellent source of vitamins, protein, and fiber. Roasted chickpeas are a lovely contrast to this recipe. It adds a deliciously spicy kick to these toasts.
Cherry tomatoes are perfect for this recipe as they add bright color and mild sweetness to these toasts.
Bread – I have used whole grain gluten-free bread but feel free to use honey-basil, rye, white, wheat or multi-grain bread of your choice. Toast the bread as it adds a great crunch and will not get soggy with all the toppings.
Lemon Juice is a flavor-enhancer and adding it to the avocado spread will intensify the flavors.
To assemble- toast the bread, coat it with creamy avocado spread, top with cherry tomatoes, and roasted chickpeas. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and sesame seeds. Now bite into that deliciousness!
This avocado toast makes for a filling breakfast, lunch, or snack time and you will love it because it’s-
- lusciously creamy
- made with healthy ingredients
- full of protein, nutrients
- packed with flavor and
- remarkably satisfying.
In minutes, you will have a yummy snack, on the table that will keep you full and satiated for hours.
I hope you give this recipe a try. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other breakfast options!
- Instant Pot Cracked Wheat Porridge
- Crustless Veggie Quiche
- Vegan Banana Nut Bread
- Vegan Bread Rolls
- Berrylicious Granola Parfait.
Thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Avocado Toast With Roasted Chickpeas
FOR THE CHICKPEAS
- 15 oz Canned Chickpeas (drained and washed)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper (crushed)
- - - Salt to taste
- 8 slices Gluten-free Grain Bread
- 8 pieces of Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 medium Avocado (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 cup Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- - - Salt to taste
- - - Handful of Mint Leaves or Cilantro Leaves
- - - Sesame Seeds
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl. Add all the seasonings listed under 'for the chickpeas' and toss it well.
- Transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet or an air fryer. In the oven bake at 400 degrees F and in an air-fryer bake @370 degree F for 20 minutes until slightly crispy and golden brown. Set it aside.TIP - Roasting chickpea is the only cooking required in this recipe. So to save time, you can definitely make these chickpeas a day in advance and store in an airtight container. It will stay good and crispy for 3-4 days at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut avocados in half and scoop flesh into a bowl, discard the seed. Add onion, cilantro, and chili flakes.
- Mash until smooth. Stir in lime juice and salt to taste, mix again.
- To assemble - toast bread in the toaster or oven. Place it over a plate. Evenly spread the avocado mix on the bread.
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and Roasted Chickpeas.
- Finish off with some Mint or cilantro leaves, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve.
- black bean spread
- any hummus of your choice
- cream cheese spread (non-vegan option)
- roasted peppers
- sun-dried tomatoes
- caramelized tomatoes
- grilled zucchini
- grilled corn
- mushrooms or
- even eggs (non-vegan choice).