The ultimate no-cook healthy and refreshing Chana Salad or Chickpea Salad is full of vibrant colors and flavors. Makes a delicious meal and is packed with protein and fiber. Can be vegan too!
To satisfy your midday cravings, everyone loves a quick and easy salad recipe. A salad that requires no cooking, is easy to put together and tastes yum!
So, how about a Chana Salad or Chickpea Salad that combines fresh vegetables including bell peppers, cucumbers, green onions, and feta cheese tossed in an easy homemade lemon- olive oil dressing. Sounds yummy, right?
It sure is. This make-ahead, 15-minute no-cook chickpea salad will satisfy all your cravings and makes a comforting side dish that is infused with aromatic spices.
Every bite you take is packed with a fantastic mix of flavors. It is the easiest salad you have ever made.
How to make this No cook Chana Salad or Chickpea Salad?
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it with any vegetables you have in your fridge. No complicated ingredients required, super easy-to-make and very versatile.
Just mix in the boiled chickpeas along with cucumber, bell peppers, and onions, moderately season it with spices and toss in a homemade lemon- olive oil dressing and a yummy salad is ready in no time.
Salad dressing gives chickpeas and veggies a perfect shine and a tangy flavor. The best part is that once everything is mixed up, natural juices from the fresh veggies and herbs make it even more flavorful.
Want to make it vegan – skip the feta cheese and enjoy as is. It tastes equally delicious!
Watch The Video Below!
This salad tastes delicious in any variation, may you add tomatoes, carrots or any other veggie of your choice – this salad is a winner!! But some tested and tried options are listed below –
- Swap chickpea with boiled black-eyed peas. Except for the texture and flavor, nothing changes.
- Like toasted chickpeas – toast boiled chickpeas in an oven or airfryer and this will add extra crunch to the salad.
- If using store-bought chickpeas, drain the chickpea liquid**, wash and pat them dry. Them add it to the salad.
- feel free to add a protein of your choice to make it more flavorful and nutritious.
- If feta cheese or paneer is left out of the recipe than this recipe is a perfect VEGAN MEAL!!
** Chickpea liquid is Aquafaba!! The clear -thick gelatinous liquid obtained after boiling chickpeas. This can be used to make many yummy recipes.
I love everything about this salad. It’s –
- full of bold flavors and colors
- and can be vegan too!
Now what more I can ask for in a bowl of salad. So addictive that you won’t be able to stop eating!
Do give this chickpea salad a try and if you happen to make this salad then share your comments below! If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Chana Salad or Chickpea Salad
- 4 cups Canned Chickpeas
- 2 teaspoon Crushed cumin seeds
- 1.5 teaspoon Crushed red chili flakes or Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Dried mint leaves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 medium Cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves to garnish
- 3 tablespoon Feta cheese
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Mint leaves
- Open a chickpeas can and drain.
- Save the liquid - this is Aquafaba. Visit the link above for aquafaba recipes.
- Assemble ingredients.
- And the veggies
- Add the boiled chickpeas to a bowl. Mix in all the spices one by one.
- Give it a good toss.
- Do not add salt at this point.
- When ready to serve. Heat up the chana/chickpeas and start adding veggies one by one.
- You can add or subtract the ingredients to your liking.
- Toss in all the veggies.
- At this point add salt and adjust seasonings.
- Assemble the salad dressing ingredients. You can use store bought vinaigrette to save time.
- In a cup add all the ingredients and whisk it up.
- Pour it over the salad.
- Toss until well blended.
- Adjust dressing, spices and enjoy!
- Wash and soak chickpea overnight. In the morning, drain that water and wash the chickpeas again.
- Transfer soaked chickpeas to a pressure cooker and add enough water to cover it.
- Pressure cook for 6-8 whistles or until chickpeas/chole is tender. If using an Instant Pot, Pressure cook soaked chickpeas for 25 minutes on HIGH.
- Use as directed in the recipe.