Here’s the recipe for the fluffiest and softest Easy One Hour Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls that is perfectly baked to golden brown and slathered in garlic herb butter for the most intimidating flavors and aroma that will leave you drooling for more.
Make them in advance and serve your family or guests with soups, stews, or dips; I bet you they will love every bite of it. These flavor-soaked Garlic bread rolls are a perfect accompaniment to any meal!
Here at my house, we have been on a baking spree lately! When it comes to baking, trust me; there’s nothing more comforting than baking bread from scratch- it’s very fulfilling and pure joy!
We have baked garlic knots, egg-free dinner buns or Ladi pav, Tandoori roti, and Pesto focaccia bread, to name a few.
And today, I am excited to share these One Hour Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls, which come together in just 1 hour – from start to finish!!
This is a winning recipe of amazingly soft and fluffy Garlic bread rolls, finished with a garlic butter glaze, and this is what makes it completely irresistible.
This is the perfect garlic roll to dunk into your favorite soup!
What is Easy One Hour Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls
Made with a few common ingredients, these pull apart Garlic bread rolls are super soft and airy from the inside and have a crispy outer crust that makes them a wonderful indulgence.
A generous smear of butter and dried herbs make the bread taste and smell gorgeous. Fresh yeast is crucial in creating perfect garlic bread rolls that are their fluffiest best.
These can be devoured as is or with any dip of your choice. You may also serve these delicious rolls as a side in the main course meal. This egg-free recipe can be prepared ahead of time and saved for later.
The best part of this recipe is that it is made from scratch, and as such, it is very satisfying to bake your bread without having to resort to a store-bought one.
Reasons You’ll ♡ Easy One Hour Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls
This recipe of beautifully baked Garlic Rolls is the perfect one to earn you compliments and praise. Here is what makes this a heart-winning recipe —
- Vegan and egg-free
- Perfect make-ahead recipe
- Can be eaten on its own or as a side with other savory dishes
- Scalable, according to the need
- Stores perfectly
- Pillowy soft interior and crispy outer crust!
The best part is that these homemade buttery pull-apart rolls are Easy and fun to prepare and is a perfect crowd-pleaser recipe!
Easy One Hour Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls Ingredient List
All-purpose flour — This is the base ingredient of the recipe that gives structure and texture to the garlic rolls.
Baking Powder — Used as the leavening agent, the baking powder helps make the bread light and airy.
Vegan Butter — This gives the garlic rolls their much-deserved rich and buttery taste.
Sugar — It helps the yeast to activate.
Active dry yeast — This is the star ingredient of the recipe that helps the dough to rise and create light and fluffy rolls on baking.
Luke warm water — This is used for kneading the dough for making the bread.
Garlic herb butter — This is prepared with vegan butter blended with aromatic herbs and spices.
Olive oil — For brushing the dough before baking.
Dried herbs — Parsley, Basil, and Oregano, are essential herbs that deliver flavors and drool-worthy aromas to the recipe.
Recipe Tips and variations
Using fresh yeast is imperative — The key to the best-baked Garlic rolls lies in using a new packet of yeast, as the whole recipe depends on this. Fresh yeast is essential for the bread to rise correctly, and this is something people overlook most while working with yeast! So, before using the yeast sitting in your pantry, recheck for its shelf life. It should have stayed on the expiry date.
Can use quick-rise yeast — Active yeast needs to be bloomed before adding to the flour, but the quick-rise yeast does not require any such process to be followed. It can be added to the flour directly without activating/ blooming. If you prefer to use quick-rise yeast, you can use it freely.
Correct measurement of ingredients essential — The ingredients must be measured correctly to carve out a perfect batch of light and soft Pull-apart Garlic Rolls. Do not add more flour than the recommended quantity, as this will result in heavy and dense rolls that are not appealing.
Never add hot ingredients to the dough — Hot ingredients added to the dough mixture will destroy the yeast before fermentation; therefore, never add them hot. Always add lukewarm ingredients that are easy to blend but do not harm the yeast.
Make the recipe more herbilicious — You could go endlessly creative while selecting herbs and their combinations. Try garlic with dried rosemary or garlic with dried basil or thyme, and either way, any combo of herbs will infuse well with this recipe.
Can use fresh herbs — You can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs, which creates awesomely aromatic and flavorful rolls.
Let the dough rise in a warm place — Always let the dough rise in a warm place like a warm oven or a warm pantry. An Instant Pot is also ideal for expanding the dough as it provides a constant low heat source, allowing the bread dough to rise faster. Additionally, with the Instant Pot, proofing the dough can cut the rising time by just half!
Without Instant Pot — The ‘Yogurt setting’ on the Instant Pot speeds up the fermentation process, and your dough gets proofed in 30-40 minutes. If your Instant Pot doesn’t have a ‘yogurt setting,’ you must ferment it naturally in a warm oven. Warm the oven at @200 degrees F for 10 minutes, turn it off, and place the dough in the warm oven to rise. It works beautifully
Do not allow the dough to rise beyond the required time — The dough’s rise determines the bread’s final texture. The more the dough rises, the more it will affect the texture of the bread. Therefore, do not let it rise beyond the mentioned time, or else it may develop a robust yeasty smell in the unpleasant baked bread.
Shape the dough however you like — You can shape your dough the way that fancies you. Make small dinner rolls, shape them into a honeycomb pattern, or keep it simple as a loaf; everything works great. Just make sure to adjust the baking time, as it will alter depending on how big or small your dough is.
Make ahead for serving at ease — Though these Pull-apart Garlic Rolls taste great when baked fresh, on a time crunch, you can bake these Garlic Rolls one day ahead and store them in an air-tight container over the countertop.
Freezer-friendly — The bread dough freezes just perfectly. To freeze the dough, shape it the way you want and arrange it in the bundt pan. Wrap it with a plastic cover and place the pan in the freezer. When ready to bake, thaw the dough overnight in the fridge and finish baking as directed. Your delicious fresh-from-the-oven treat is ready to be served!
Non-vegan option — As these are vegan rolls, I have not used cheese. However, the non-vegan variation would consist of a generous topping of cheese on the rolls, which is baked into delicious treats.
Scalable recipe — This delicious recipe for Garlic rolls can be scaled up or down depending on the requirement.
How to make a Flower bread
This Easy pull-apart Garlic rolls bake differently. It bakes like bread – the top, side, and bottom crust are nicely golden brown, but the center is all soft and milky white.
Likewise, in this recipe, the top layer, sides, and bottom get nice and toasty, but the center is all soft and white. If that doesn’t appeal, you – bake it like a flower.
To make flower-shaped Pull-apart Garlic rolls–
- Grease a 12-inch round springform cake pan. Arrange the garlic rolls in a single layer.
- To give it a flower look- I have made 14 garlic loops, 7 small garlic balls, and 1 large center ball.
- The inner ring contains- 1 large center ball + 7 garlic loops.
- The outer ring contains- 7 garlic loops + 7 small garlic balls.
- Bake as directed.
Let me know what you think!
These Pull-apart Garlic rolls are heavenly, and delicious and take no time to bake.
The best part is these can be paired up with dips, soups, or stews to make a comforting and warming dinner.
So, if you have been planning to bake your batch of Garlic bread rolls, then let’s begin!
Should you make these one-hour pull-apart garlic rolls, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
Craving for more? try these other options!
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make the best Easy one-hour Pull apart Garlic Rolls
Easy Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls
- 1 tablespoon Active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ¼ cup Lukewarm water
FOR THE DOUGH
- 4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons Salt
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1¼ cups Lukewarm Water
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil drizzle on top before baking
FOR GARLIC HERB BUTTER
- ½ cup Vegan Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ¾ teaspoon Dried Basil leaves
- ¾ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Salt butter contains salt too
ACTIVATE THE YEAST
- Combine yeast, sugar, and lukewarm water in a mixing bowl. Mix to combine. Let the yeast rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, the yeast should begin to form a creamy foam on the water's surface. That means your yeast is alive and has bloomed well.
KNEAD THE DOUGH
- In a large mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the activated yeast.
- Add butter and mix until blended.
- Slowly pour in water and knead until it forms a soft dough. Tip — Store-bought biscuit rolls can be used for the dough to speed up the process. Remove the dough from the pack, shape it like round balls, and use as directed – bake as per package instructions.
PROFFING THE DOUGH IN INSTANT POT
- Grease the Instant Pot insert. Transfer the dough to the Instant Pot. Cover it with a glass lid. Turn the Instant pot on by pressing the ‘Yogurt’ button. Adjust the pressure to ‘Less.’ Set the timer to 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, let's prepare the garlic butter spread.Assemble butter, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried basil leaves, dried oregano, and salt in a bowl. Mix until blended. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, the dough will expand and double in size. Depending on the weather, the dough may take longer to rise.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. While the oven is heating, let’s shape the dough. Dust the surface with flour and transfer the kneaded dough onto the dusted surface. Punch down the dough and knead it for 2-3 minutes. Divide the dough into equal parts.Roll the dough into smooth round balls.
- Flatten the dough. Apply a single layer of garlic spread to the flattened dough. Start rolling the dough until it looks like a log.
- Fold the dough so that the two ends meet each other. It will form a big ‘O’. Pinch the ends together. Start arranging them in the greased bundt pan. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Arrange the folded dough on top of each other. Make sure to butter the bottom layer before placing the additional layer on top.
- Butter the top layer as well and generously top with some dried parsley or cilantro.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Brush the hot rolls with melted butter and serve hot. These flavor-soaked Garlic bread rolls taste best when out of the oven.
Frequently Asked QuestionsCan I use Instant Yeast? Absolutely! Instant yeast works like a charm. One teaspoon active dry yeast = 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast. Therefore, you will require three teaspoons of instant yeast for this recipe. Can I use bread flour to make these Garlic Rolls? Yes, you can use bread flour instead of all-purpose for making these irresistible Garlic Rolls. Substitute an equal amount of bread flour with the all-purpose flour, and you are sorted. Why is my dough sticky? An extra amount of moisture leads to a sticky dough. Although the bread dough is supposed to be slightly sticky, more of it may be challenging to handle. To fix the stickiness, add a tablespoon of extra flour to make it more manageable. Folding it over a few times should do the trick. But while doing so, stay moderate with the flour, or you may end up with dense bread. Another option to fix the sticky dough is to spray the dough with oil. How do I store the dinner rolls? Since they are so gorgeously delicious, you will hardly have any leftovers! However, if you have any leftovers, you can store them for two days at room temperature, packed in an air-tight container. Alternatively, you can freeze the leftover Pull-apart Rolls to save them for later. When ready to serve, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and warm them in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until heated through. How can I serve these easy pull-apart Garlic Rolls? These Garlic Rolls can be enjoyed as is or can be served as an addition to any meal. Serve them with the following –
- A dip of your choice
- Dunk it in a bowl of hot soup
- Dinner casseroles
- Apply garlic herb butter
- Roll the dough like a ball
- Toss into the grease bundt pan
- Keep repeating until you are done with all the dough
- Finish the top layer with extra garlic herb butter and bake as directed.