Say hello to the most flavorful and delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Chickpea Burger! This protein-rich burger is surprisingly easy to make using just a few simple ingredients, has a remarkable depth of flavor, and is open to unlimited variations.
In short, it’s a super healthy veggie burger that is prepared with real ingredients and packed with flavor and nutrition!
Sun-dried tomato chickpea burger
Summer is the official burger season!
So, if you are looking for a meatless, hearty dinner recipe, these Sun-dried tomato chickpea burger is a must-try.
Sun-dried tomato chickpea burger!
But, these plant-based burgers are a different story.
They’re incredibly-flavored, made with wholesome ingredients such as quinoa, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, cumin, garlic, and cilantro – a delicious vegetarian alternative even meat-eaters will love!
Is your mouth watering yet just reading about the ingredients? If so, then let’s have a peek at the ingredient list.
Ingredients that make up Sun-dried tomato chickpea burger
These chickpea burgers are not your typically veggie burger as they do not contain breadcrumbs or oats as binding agents.
Instead, it’s packed with –
» Quinoa – it serves as a base to this sundried tomato chickpea burger. Quinoa not only lends them a unique hearty texture, but it also pumps these burgers with protein and fiber.
» Chickpeas – another nutritional-rich food that is packed with protein and fiber. I have used canned chickpeas. Feel free to use homemade boiled chickpeas.
» Green onions – for extra crunch and flavor.
» Sun-dried tomatoes – incredibly delicious and adds a little punch of flavor to this recipe.
» Flavor squad – Cumin seeds, dried cilantro leaves, sriracha sauce, garlic salt, onion powder, and fresh lemon juice.
» Oil – to cook the patties. You can use butter instead.
» Burger buns- whichever kind you like.
» Lettuce leaves – Kale, butter lettuce, fresh spinach leaves, baby arugula romaine lettuce are some other options.
» Tomato, onions, and pickles – sliced thinly.
» Sriracha mayo – If you don’t like spice, you can substitute for regular vegan mayo or even ranch.
How to make Sun-dried tomato chickpea Burger?
Combine your patties
In a food processor, combine all your chickpea patties ingredients. Pulse just a few times until everything is mixed together.
Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and shape them into burger patties.
Cook your sundried tomato chickpea patties
Heat a skillet. Grease it well.
Place the patties on the skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes per side. Do not press on the patties while they are cooking.
Cook until they are evenly brown and crisp on both sides. Once done, take it off the flame.
Assemble the Sundried tomato chickpea burger
Add the buns to the heated skillet. Cook them for 30 seconds. Remove from the skillet and start assembling the burger.
Here is the assembly line for the perfect burger –
- Bottom slider bun
- Sriracha mayo
- Tomato Slice
- Sundried tomato chickpea patty
- Onion slice
- Tomato slice
- Pickle slice
- Sriracha mayo
- Top slider bun
If you prefer, you could add more lettuce leaves to top your burger. Serve immediately.
Tips and variations for making the Best Sun-dried tomato Chickpea burger!
» If cooked from scratch – you will need 1.5 cups of raw chickpeas to replace 1 can of chickpeas.
» Like it cheesy– you can add cheese to your sundried tomato chickpea burger. Simply add a cheese slice to the top of the patty and place it in a warm oven.
Once it’s all gooey, remove from oven and start assembling.
» These sun-dried tomato chickpea sliders are super versatile and can be easily customized to your taste!
- Chickpeas can be substitutes with white beans or kidney beans.
- Substitute quinoa for breadcrumbs or rolled oats.
- Likewise, dun-dried tomatoes can be swapped with roasted red bell peppers.
Storing leftover Sun-dried tomato chickpea burger
Your leftover chickpea patties can last up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
These patties freeze well
Cooked patties can be prepared ahead of time and freeze beautifully. It Will last for 3 months in the freezer.
When ready to assemble, thaw the patties overnight in the fridge. Pan-cook on medium heat until crisp and brown.
Layer the patties in between your slider buns and enjoy!
These sun-dried tomato chickpea burgers are perfect for a party or a get-together. They are so good that it will leave your guests craving more!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
CRAVING FOR MORE, TRY THESE OTHER OPTIONS!
Sun Dried Tomato Chickpea Burger
SUNDRIED TOMATO CHICKPEA PATTIES
- 1½ cup Canned Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks of Green onions
- ½ cup Quinoa boiled and cooled
- ½ cup Sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1¼ teaspoons Dried cilantro leaves or use 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce adjust according to taste
- 1½ teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon juice
- – – Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Oil to cook the patties
- – – Burger buns
- – – Fresh Lettuce leaves
- – – Onion thinly sliced
- – – Tomato thinly sliced
- – – Pickles
CHICKPEA-SUN DRIED TOMATOES PATTIES
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas thoroughly under tap water.
- In a food processor, combine all your chickpea patties ingredients.
- Pulse just a few times until everything is mixed together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and shape them into burger patties.
- Heat a skillet. Grease it well. Place the patties on the skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes per side. Do not press on the patties while they are cooking. Cook until they are evenly brown and crisp on both sides. Once done, take it off the flame.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce to 1/4 cup of mayo. Like it hot, add more sriracha sauce. Adjust according to taste.
- Mix and set it aside.
ASSEMBLE THE CHICKPEA BURGER
- Add the buns to the heated skillet. Cook them for 30 seconds. Remove from the skillet and start assembling the burger. Generously top both sides of buns with sriracha mayo.
- Layer with a tomato slice, fresh lettuce leaves, and chickpea-sun dried tomato patty. As per taste, you can drizzle each patty with extra sriracha mayo.
- Top with onion, tomato slices, and pickles. Finish each slider with the top bun. Serve immediately.