This simple and healthy sprout salad is loaded with moong dal sprouts,crunchy cucumber,vibrant tomatoes, zesty lime juice and tangy chaat masala. I usually make this salad as an appetizer for my dinner parties. With every bite you will feel the flavors of veggies exploding in your mouth. To make this salad moong dal is kept in hot place for sprouting.The whole process take 4- 5 days to reach the desired 1/4 inch of sprouted beans.
This protein rich salad is a tossed up pile of goodies and in my family everyone enjoys it steamed; so its steamed sprouts for us. But this delicious salad can be enjoyed raw – sprouted raw- not cooked, not steamed, not even boiled – just plain RAW tossed with all the mentioned ingredients. If you have homemade sprouts ready – the next steps are pretty easy and in no time you will have a healthy salad on your table.
I took the liberty of adding fried potatoes to this salad – no doubt they were irresistibly crispy, but you can swap the fried potatoes with boiled or pan sauteed potatoes for that extra crunch. Assemble all the ingredients and right before you are ready to eat toss everything together, adjust the seasonings and ENJOY this nutritious salad bursting with flavor!!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Healthy Sprout Salad
- 2 cups Moong Dal Sprouts
- 1 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Chopped Cucumber
- 1 cup Fried Potatoes
- 1 cup Chopped tomato without pulp
- 3 tablespoon Chopped Cilanro
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds or Roasted cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Salt to taste
- If you like your sprouts steamed then follow the next two steps, otherwise just hop on to step 3. Take a pan and a strainer. Pan's top and strainer should be of the same size or else the strainer will fall in. Fill the pan half with water and bring it to a boil. Carefully place the strainer on top of it. Base of the strainer will touch the water.
- Cover the pan /strainer and steam it for 2-3 minutes. Spoon out some sprouts to check if they are soft. How to tell if they are done - they will feel soft in between your fingers. Remove the strainer and allow the sprouts to cool down completely. Do not mix in the salad as the sprouts are soft and they will break apart.
- Chop and fry potatoes. To keep it more simple you can even use boiled and pan sauteed potatoes.
- Assemble all the ingredients for the salad. Let's begin.
- In a bowl add potatoes, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped cucumber....
- Chopped cilantro, Cumin seeds, salt, chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Give it a good toss...
- Mix in the cooled sprouts and mix...
- Mix gently, you can even use forks to mix the salad.
- Adjust your seasoning..
- And enjoy the salad -with every bite you will feel the flavors exploding in your mouth.