Amazingly delicious spicy black bean quinoa burger made with homemade mini buns and black bean patties. Seriously satisfying and loaded with tons of nutrients! Minus the bun everything is gluten-free and vegan.
Over the weekend, it’s my routine to sit down and plan my weekly meals. This not only takes the stress out of weekly dinner planning it also eliminates those desperate last minute trips to the grocery stores. Saves me a lot of time, keep me in control and makes the week run so smoothly! And when that inevitable question pops at me – “Mom, what’s for dinner tonight?”, I am already ready with my mise-en-place.
Coming back to the recipe, any guesses what’s cooking tonight in my kitchen – it’s spicy black bean quinoa burger…..yum and d-licious! On busy weeknights, this spicy black bean quinoa burger will readily come to your rescue.
Growing up, Sunday used to be our Funday! Sunday was always our family burger night with fries. Back then burger meant, a bun stuffed with aloo tikki (potato patty), topped with favorite chutney, onion, and tomato. But now we have so many options to make our everyday meals healthier and tastier for our family.
And today’s recipe is all about it healthy choices + healthy meals = happy me. 🙂
There are no hard rules on how to make a perfect burger. Experiment with your favorite ingredients, prepare a patty, spoon your favorite sauce, onion, tomato and you have yourself a seriously satisfying burger!
In fact, it’s the easiest meal that comes together in a flash. Prepare your patties in the morning and assemble whenever you are ready to eat. Don’t have the time to make homemade buns – no worries, simply use store-bought buns.
This recipe is very versatile and can be changed to fit your family’s tastes. I have prepared my burgers with whatever I had on hand but feel free to experiment and add sauces and pickles to your liking.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Spicy Black Bean Quinoa Burger
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup Homemade Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic or Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Follow link above (in the ingredients section) to make homemade burger buns. Or use store bought buns to save time.
- Follow link above (in the ingredients section) to make gluten free and vegan quinoa and black bean patties.
- For the dressing - combine all the ingredients listed under dressing and whisk until well blended. Set it aside.
- To assemble the burger. Cut the buns in half, apply spicy sriracha mayo on top.
- Top with onion rings and lettuce leaves.
- Place a patty, top the patty with tomato.
- Top with some more spicy sriracha mayo, pickles and place the other half of the bun on top.
- Secure it with a toothpick or skewer.
- Serve immediately with homemade fries on the side.