This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMazola #simpleswap #CollectiveBiasBaked Quinoa Zucchini Bites
These vegan and gluten-free Baked Quinoa Zucchini Bites are a wholesome and portable appetizer just perfect for parties. Ready in 30 minutes and kids approved too!Looking for an appetizer recipe that just captures your heart? Then these Baked Quinoa Zucchini Bites are just for you! These savory bites made with whole grains and real food ingredients will soon become your new favorite finger food. This appetizer is nutritious, hearty and incredibly flavorful! Talking about real food ingredient, these bites are made with Mazola® Corn Oil. A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see MAZOLA.com.
WHAT MAKES UP THIS RECIPE?
Superfood Quinoa, zucchini, Oats flour, Flax egg, spices, and Mazola Corn Oil.
Quinoa – The health benefits of quinoa alone is the reason why these Baked Quinoa Zucchini Bites makes it to my list of protein-rich meals. Quinoa is the perfect food for anyone, it can be paired with literally anything, and best of all its gluten-free, vegan, and extremely nutritious.
Zucchini – This superfood vegetable is packed with beneficial nutrients like Vitamins C and A, magnesium, potassium, folate, and fiber.
Mazola Corn Oil – It is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy choice for your family. It has a neutral taste, therefore, its used in baking, grilling, sautéing, stir-frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing. Because of its high smoking point, it performs well in a variety of cooking applications.
On the whole, these bite-sized appetizers are packed with protein-rich quinoa, nutrient-loaded zucchini, and heart-healthy Mazola® Corn Oil.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED QUINOA ZUCCHINI BITES?
The base for this recipe is boiled Quinoa and grated zucchini. Start the recipe by boiling quinoa as per package instructions. When cooked, set aside to cool completely.
Meanwhile, take a medium-sized zucchini and grate it using a box grater. Transfer this zucchini to a clean muslin cloth and squeeze as much water as possible out of the zucchini.
It should measure 1 cup after squeezing out all of the water. Transfer quinoa, grated zucchini, oats flour, and green onions to a mixing bowl.
Time to add the binding agent.
WHAT BINDS THESE BITES?
A flax egg! It’s a combination of flaxseeds and water. The gelatinous texture of flax egg replaces the binding action of eggs. When combined with quinoa and other ingredients it will help hold everything together.
The spices added are pretty simple – sriracha, onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill, salt, and pepper. Combine flax egg and spices to the mixing bowl and mix well.
Shape into small patties or balls and bake as directed.
Since I plan to make this recipe vegan and gluten-free, I swapped –
- All-purpose flour for Oats flour
- Traded butter for Mazola® Corn Oil
- And an egg for a Flax egg
And the result? A beautifully Baked quinoa zucchini bites that are loaded with texture and flavor! Feel free to hide in your favorite veggies like grated carrots or finely chopped mushrooms for added flavor.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s easily customizable.
LET’S TALK ABOUT DRESSING!
These Baked Quinoa zucchini bites are a savory snack that tastes great on its own, but if you like, you can pair it up with a vegan dip. I made a vegan mayo sriracha dip to go along with these bites.
For the dip, I actually used my vegan mayonnaise recipe as a base. To give it a more spicy flavor, I have added 3 teaspoons of sriracha sauce. Beat the dip well to combine and serve.
SPEAKING OF SERVING SIZE!
You can easily double or triple this recipe up for a crowd. Just follow the recipe to make one large batch. What’s even better is that these bites are freezer-friendly!
They freeze fabulously. Shape the quinoa mixture like small bites or rolls and freeze. When ready to cook, defrost them on the day and pop them in the oven to bake as directed.
These baked quinoa zucchini bites are a must-have for your next party. If you are trying to sneak in greens and protein in your kid’s diet that these bites are perfect for little hands and completely addicting!
Do give them a try and if you happen to make these then share your comments below!
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Baked Quinoa Zucchini Bites
INGREDIENTS FOR QUINOA BITES
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Shredded and squeezed Zucchini
- 1 cup Oats Flour
- 2 tablespoon Green onions
- 1.5 tablespoon Flaxegg
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- - - Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa. Boil quinoa as per package instructions.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make flax egg - 1 tablespoon flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water. Allow it to sit for a while, and it will become thick and slimy. Flaxseeds will absorb all the water and become slimy. Set it aside.
- Using a box grater, shred zucchini lengthwise.
- Remove extra moisture from grated zucchini by hand. This is an essential step and please do not skip this. Moisture in zucchini will ruin the recipe.
- Preheat oven @400 degrees F. Assemble all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix all your ingredients together until it forms a non-sticky dough.
- Add 1 tablespoon Mazola Corn oil and mix again.
- Shape the dough into bite-sized bites.
- Brush quinoa bites with Mazola Corn oil. Transfer the bites into the hot oven to bake.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. To attain a darker color, broil these bites for 3-4 minutes. Keep a watchful eye as they can get burn easily.
- Halfway into the cooking (7.5 minutes) flip the bites over to the other side. This way they will brown up evenly.
- Beautifully baked Quinoa Zucchini Bites.
- Serve this quinoa bites with a hot and spicy vegan mayo sriracha dip and enjoy!!