This post is sponsored by Make Every Day Gourmet with Stella® Cheeses but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Soft, light and delicious Savory Pizza Muffins loaded with cheese, veggies and pizza seasonings is ‘THE’ perfect grab-and-go breakfast that tastes ah-mazing!School mornings are super busy, and I am always on the lookout for simple, on-the-go breakfast recipes. Breakfast recipes that can be eaten at the table or on the way to school. And Savory Pizza muffins perfectly fits the bill.
They are packed with flavor and comes together in less than 30 minutes!
THESE MUFFINS ARE NOT LIMITED TO BREAKFAST!
In fact, they can be paired with pretty much everything from salads to soups. The best part-
- No yeast
- no fermentation
- and no rising time.
Simple, yummy muffins ready under 45 minutes – from start to finish! It’s that easy. Make these Savory Pizza muffins for breakfast and watch them disappear!
WHAT MAKES UP THIS RECIPE?
Today’s recipe is made possible by Stella® cheeses. Stella® cheeses have a rich dairy heritage and have been making cheese since 1923. Their cheeses are flavorful and have the same delicious flavor.
Stella® cheeses offer a variety of cheeses for your everyday cooking and with Stella® cheeses you can transform any traditional dish into a gourmet experience. Savory Pizza Muffins
If you are looking to add some flavor and zest to your recipes than treat yourself with Stella® cheeses this holiday season. You won’t be disappointed. Visit their website for more recipe ideas!
NOW ONTO THE RECIPE!
These one-bowl savory pizza muffins are my go-to breakfast recipe. You will love everything about them, they are –
- super easy to make
- can be easily customized – change the veggies to suit your liking
- comforting, yet filling
- kid-friendly Savory Pizza Muffins
- make-ahead breakfast and
- freezer friendly too!
They make a perfect addition to any meal. We start off by mixing dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients, Stella® cheeses and veggies of your choice. Combine everything until it forms a soft dough.
Tips to Consider, things that can possibly go wrong!
- Whatever veggies you choose to add to these muffins, make sure they are dry and have no moisture in it. Extra moisture in veggies will make the dough difficult to bind.
- I have added a small amount of sugar to these muffins. Sugar helps to balance the flavor and make them brown during baking.
- Add buttermilk slowly. Once the dough starts to look like a crumble, add veggies to it. Add buttermilk as needed and knead until it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into eight equal sized balls. Top with extra cheese (optional) and bake as directed.
- For a brown top – broil these muffins for 2-3 minutes. Depending on the oven, it may take longer.
GOES WELL WITH ANY MEAL!
Loaded with Stella® cheeses, these muffins are a great accompaniment to any soup or meal. Enjoy them warm right out of the oven, or you can freeze them for future use. They freeze beautifully. And this recipe can easily be doubled to feed a large group.
So, pick up your favorite Stella cheese from your nearby grocery store and elevate your plate with Stella®cheeses.
If you happen to make these muffins then share your comments below!
Savory Pizza Flavored Muffins
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoon Buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Melted butter
- 1 cup Shredded Stella® cheeses
- 3 tablespoon Finely chopped Red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoon Finely Chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Crushed green cilantro or fresh cilantro leaves
- Assemble dry ingredients.
- Wet ingredients.
- Veggies of your choice.
- Shredded Stella® cheeses
- Start by pat drying the veggies. Whatever veggies you choose to add to these muffins, make sure they are dry and have no moisture in it. Extra moisture in veggies will make the dough difficult to bind.
- To ensure that, follow this simple trick - after you have cut your favorite veggies, wrap it in-between layers of paper towels and press hard until all the moisture is absorbed. If the veggies still feel wet, repeat the process again. Let it sit wrapped for a while.
- Preheat oven @350 degree F. In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- Pour in wet ingredients. Add buttermilk slowly.
- Add cheese.
- Once the dough starts to look like a crumble....
- Unwrap the veggies and add it to the mix along with the spices.
- Add buttermilk as needed and knead gently until it forms a dough. If the dough feels sticky, dust it with a tablespoon flour and knead again until smooth.
- Line a muffin tray with liners. Divide the dough into 8 equal sized balls. Add dough balls to the liners.
- Top with extra cheese (optional) and bake in a preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes @350 degree F. For a brown top - broil these muffins for 2-3 minutes. Depending on the oven, it may take longer.
- Baked another batch with yellow bell peppers and olives.
- Keep a watchful eye as if let unattended, they may burn.
- Beautifully baked pizza muffins are ready.
- Enjoy them warm right out of the oven or
- You can freeze for future use.
- A great accompaniment to any meal.
- Serve it hot with the dipping sauce of your choice.