This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Are you ready for a flavor-packed burger that is made from simple ingredients and comes together in a jiffy? Then this Green Vegetable Burger is just for you. This burger is made with gluten-free and vegan patties that are great for summer outings and picnics.Summer is officially the start of grilling season which means cookouts, picnics, outdoor parties, and BBQs. We love summer parties and outdoor entertaining.
Every year, we throw a party at our local park and make all sorts of party food. And when I say party foods, it means a table full of bright, colorful food – Burgers, salads, and lots more! One such recipe that blends in perfectly with this season is a garden veggie burger made with the freshest vegetables, each one handpicked with delicious taste.
This burger is the ultimate combination of a multitude of flavors and a great addition to any picnic menu. So why wait, let’s get the summer party started!
Today’s recipe is made possible by Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns. You will love these buns because they have-
- no colors or flavors from artificial sources
- contain no high fructose corn syrup
- and are versatile for any recipe.
They are available in a wide variety of flavors and are always baked the right way with special touches.
How to make Green Vegetable Burger?
Prep-work for this garden vegetable burger is super easy. The patty is made with a handful of green vegetables including broccoli, spinach, zucchini, onion, garlic, gluten-free flour, and spices. To make these savory burgers, you will need to ‘PULSE’ all the green veggies in a food processor first. Pulse until it looks like quinoa.
VERY IMPORTANT STEP!
After the veggies are pulsed, take a ball of pulsed vegetables in between your palms and squeeze out all the water. This is a significant step. Please do not skip through this. Get rid of all the water from the vegetables to prevent mushy burgers. Now add flour, spices, and shape like patties. The thickness and size of the patty are entirely up to you. With this mixture, I got 6 large patties.
These patties are crisp on the outside with a soft tender inside.
TIME TO ASSEMBLE!
The cooked patty was then layered in between the Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns, drizzled with an ample supply of homemade cilantro mayo, making the burger burst with even more flavor. And to top it, I have added some onions and tomatoes for the crunch.
Finally, covering the burger up with a soft bun. This burger is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a birthday party or an outdoor get-together. These burgers will literally “wow” your guests. On top of it, they are incredibly healthy and are topped oﬀ with many essential nutrients.
All in all, this burger made with “Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns packs a punch. It is vegan, and nut free allows a multitude of people to try and taste.
Why don’t you give it a try and see how amazed everyone will be when they take a bite out of this delicious burger. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Got questions related to the recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. ?
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Sundried Tomatoes Chickpea Sliders
- Spicy Black bean Quinoa Burgers
- Vegan BBQ Tofu Sandwich
- Summer Veggie Sandwich with Pesto
Thanks for reading.?
Green Vegetable Burger
- 1 big head of Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach leaves
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 1 small Red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 cup Chickpea flour or any gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoon Oil to cook the patties
- 6 - Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns.
- - Lettuce leaves
- - Onion rings
- - Tomato Slices
- Assemble ingredients. Wash and part dry all the greens.
- Cut and add the veggies to a food processor. Or you can grate broccoli, zucchini, onion, and garlic on the medium coarse side of a box grater and finely chop the spinach.
- Pulse until it looks like quinoa. This should not take long, a couple of ‘pulse,’ and you are done. If you let it run for too long, you will end up with a mushy paste of veggies and that will be too difficult to bind.
- Transfer the veggies to a muslin cloth and squeeze out the excess water. This step is important. If the water is not squeezed, the mixture will become runny and difficult to handle.
- Add chili sauce, mustard paste, cumin seeds, salt, crushed black pepper, and paprika.
- Finally, add gluten-free flour - chickpea flour. You can use any gluten-free flour. See notes above.
- Knead the mixture like a dough. The dough should not be sticky. If it feels sticky add an extra teaspoon of chickpea flour and knead again.
- Divide the mixture into 6 big round balls. Shape and flatten each ball into patties.
- Pan cook these patties until evenly brown. I have cooked these green veggie patties in an air-fryer @370 degree F for 10 minutes.
- Time to assemble the burgers. Slightly toast burger buns in a toaster. Layer the bottom bun with cilantro mayo dressing.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, and onions. Other topping options include - pickled onions, pickled cucumbers, or regular cucumbers.
- Add the green veggie patty.
- Drizzle some more cilantro mayo dressing, top it with another slice of onion/tomato if you like and finally add the top bun layer.
- Delicious burgers are ready to be devoured.
MAKE AHEAD PATTIES!
These patties can be made ahead of time. Directly shape and half-cook them on each side. Allow it to cool completely. Wrap each patty in between wax paper and store in a plastic bag in your freezer. Freezes well for two months. To thaw, place patties in the fridge overnight. Pan cook them on medium heat until evenly brown from both sides. As a bonus, this recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for larger parties. Bursting with many diﬀerent ﬂavors this burger entices anyone’s taste buds into heaven like state. Additionally, it can be eaten by a variety of diets because it's a healthy patty.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 378mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.9mg