Sunday night- no desire to cook but in mood to have something light and simple. How about some classic Margherita sandwiches…YUM…YUM..YUM!! Made with just 4 simple ingredients and super easy to make – UNDER 30 MINUTE RECIPE AND VEGETARIAN RECIPE…YAY!!
Adapted this recipe from the classic Margherita pizza recipe and swapped the pizza crust with sandwich bread. Instead of regular bread use big sandwich bread for Margherita sandwich recipe. Layer basil and slices of tomatoes in between the mozzarella cheese slices and toast to perfection.
Instead of having a plain margherita sandwich recipe, I decided to spice them up with some Italian herb infused garlic spread…hmm..now we are talking real food.. If you have a panini maker toast these sandwiches in that or else toast it the way shown below. Pair these sandwiches up with some warm soup and relax your evening away!!
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Margherita sandwich recipe
- 4 slices of Big sandwich Bread
- 2 medium Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 5-6 slices of Mozzarella cheese slices
- 7-8 leaves of Fresh Basil
GARLIC INFUSED HERB OIL
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Let's prepare our herb garlic oil to rub on bread slices.
- Using a grater, grate garlic, add olive oil, Italian herb seasoning, crushed black peppercorns and salt.
- Mix it well until everything is well blended.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients. Fresh Basil...
- Tomatoes, cheese slices and bread....
- Rub herb infused garlic oil on the bread slice.
- Add 2 slices of cheese slice...
- Add Basil leaves...
- Add tomatoes...
- Cover them with other slices of cheese slices...
- Sprinkle black peppercorns...
- Top it off with other bread slice...
- And brush it with herb garlic butter..
- Side view of sandwich.
- Heat griddle and brush it with herb infused olive oil and place sandwich over it.
- On a medium flame, grill the sandwich from both the sides tossing it in between and pressing it with a spatula.
- The cheese will get gooey and start to ooze out of the sandwich...
- Once its evenly brown and toasty on both the sides and cheese has melted, take the sandwich off the flame.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve it hot.