Oven-roasted potatoes prepared with just five basic ingredients is a super healthy, simple and utterly delicious recipe! A perfect accompaniment to almost any dish — soup, pasta, salads or bread.
Raise your hands if you like easy-peasy crispy oven-roasted potatoes. We do, we love them! This is one of my favorite side dishes that come together in 40 minutes and is perfect for lunch or dinner.
I call this recipe a one-pot meal. Catch a big bowl, add dry ingredients, olive oil, and toss in the potatoes. Arrange on the tray and bake. That’s it; it’s that simple.
These potatoes bake beautifully in the oven – are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Try it tonight, and you won’t be disappointed. I have made this recipe a gazillion times, and it’s always a hit!
Ingredients required to make Oven Roasted Potatoes!
This is a straightforward recipe with no complicated steps. All you need is 5 wholesome ingredients to bake these yummy potatoes. The best part is that this recipe uses staples that everyone has in their pantry.
- Baby potatoes – the star ingredient.
- Garlic – adds a deep rich flavor and takes this dish to a whole new level.
- Parsley – adds tons of fresh flavors and color
- Parmesan cheese – lends a subtle cheesy and crispy flair.
- Olive Oil – adds a beautiful flavor.
How to make Oven Roasted Potatoes?
1. Wash the potatoes thoroughly, and pat them dry. Cut them into cubes.
2. The size of the potato is the real thing.
3. If you prefer crispier potatoes, cut them into small cubes. For a softer bite, slice them in halves.
4. To peel or not to peel baby potatoes is entirely up to you: just a note that potato skin adds nutrients and extra crunch.
5. Prepare your olive oil mix and toss baby potatoes in that. Coat them well.
6. Lay the potatoes on a greased baking tray in a single layer. Do not overlap them as they will become mushy.
7. Bake until crispy and toasty.
These are the BEST and easiest potatoes you will ever make! Gluten-free, healthy, and amazingly delicious!
What goes well with these potatoes?
These potatoes are a great accompaniment to many dishes. I make this oven roasted potatoes recipe regularly once a week and commonly pair them with –
The list is endless. Include these oven-roasted potatoes in your menu and watch them disappear!
- This recipe can be made vegan. Simply skip the cheese and continue with the rest of the ingredients.
- Works great on sweet potatoes too.
- Can’t find parsley – substitute Parsley with fresh cilantro leaves.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
Craving for more, try these other options!
Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven @ 425 degrees F. Wash and clean baby potatoes. Slice them evenly.
- Leaving the potatoes, toss all the listed ingredients in a big bowl.
- Whisk and the dressing is ready.
- Add potatoes and mix, until all the potatoes are smeared in this dressing.
- Transfer potatoes onto a greased baking tray and spread them in a single layer.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until crispy and toasty.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- A great accompaniment to any salad or pasta dinner.
- Or enjoy it as is like a evening snack.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 51mg | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.3mg