Looking for an easy side to serve with your favorite meal that doesn’t require too much effort? Oven-roasted potatoes is the answer! Made with just five basic ingredients, these potatoes come together with minimal effort and is an utterly delicious recipe!
Plus, these crispy potatoes are a perfect accompaniment to various dishes — soup, pasta, salads, or bread – you name it!
Raise your hands if you like easy-peasy crispy oven-roasted potatoes. We do; we love them! This is one of my favorite side dishes that come together in 40 minutes and is perfect for lunch or dinner.
I call this recipe a one-pot meal. Catch a big bowl, add dry ingredients, olive oil, and toss in the potatoes. Arrange on the tray and bake. That’s it; it’s that simple.
These potatoes bake beautifully in the oven – they are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
Why this Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe works
Quick and no-fuss recipe– This is the easiest recipe you will ever make. Dice the potatoes, add the seasonings, toss, and bake until crispy. Trust me, 40 minutes from start to finish is all it takes to make these oven-roasted potatoes.
Gluten-free, nut-free, and fresh – a perfect recipe that fits any dietary needs. It can be vegan-friendly too. Omit the cheese and bake as advised.
Made with simple ingredients – a few common spices+ potatoes+ aromatic herbs + cheese. That’s all it takes to make these crispy potatoes. No artificial or iffy ingredients, no junk – just real ingredients!
Best comfort food ever – Try it tonight, and you won’t be disappointed. I have made this recipe a gazillion times, and it’s always a hit!
Ingredients required to make Oven Roasted Potatoes!
This is a straightforward recipe with the shortest ingredient list. All you need is 5 wholesome ingredients to bake these yummy potatoes. The best part, this recipe uses staples that everyone already has in their pantry.
» Potatoes – the star ingredient. I have used baby potatoes. They are rinsed and cut in halves.
» Garlic – adds a deep rich flavor and takes this dish to a whole new level. I have used fresh garlic here but feel free to swap it with dried garlic powder.
» Parsley – adds tons of fresh flavors and color.
» Parmesan cheese – lends a subtle cheesy and crispy flair.
» Olive Oil – adds a beautiful flavor. Cab be substituted for avocado oil or any neutral-tasting oil.
» Seasonings – Kept it simple with just the basic – salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
How to make Oven Roasted Potatoes?
1. Preheat oven – Preheat your oven to 425°F. Grease a baking sheet and set it aside.
2. Get the potatoes ready – Rinse and clean the potatoes thoroughly. Pat them dry and cut them into halves.
3. Dressing- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, parsley, garlic, and cheese in a bowl. Mix it well. Add the potatoes to this mix and toss until fully coated.
4. Bake – Transfer the potatoes onto the greased baking tray in a single layer. Do not crowd them as they will become mushy. Bake for about 20 minutes until crispy and golden.
Remove from oven and serve hot!
Recipe tips to make the best Oven roasted potatoes
» The size of the potato is the real thing. If you prefer crispier potatoes, cut them into small cubes. For a softer bite, slice them in halves.
» Cut all the potatoes into equal size as this will ensure an even cooking time.
» To peel or not to peel baby potatoes is entirely up to you: just a note that potato skin adds nutrients and extra crunch.
» Ensure all the potato cubes are well coated in the spice mix; therefore, toss it well.
» Feel free to line your baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
» After the initial baking time is over, for an extra crispy potato, broil the baby potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Keep a watchful eye as they may burn quickly. 2-3 minutes at the max.
» For a healthy option – swap potatoes with sweet potatoes or yam. Peel and cut them into 1-inch cubes and bake.
» This is a versatile recipe, so play around with different combinations, spices, herbs and adjust them to suit your own taste.
Transfer any leftover oven-roasted potatoes to an airtight container and store them in the fridge. It will last for 2-3 days.
To reheat, spread them on a baking tray and basket for 6-8 minutes at 400°F or until heated through.
These potatoes are a great accompaniment to many dishes. I make this oven roasted potatoes recipe regularly once a week and commonly pair them with –
The list is endless. Include these oven-roasted potatoes in your menu and watch them disappear!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Should you make oven-roasted potatoes or any variation of it, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
Craving for more, try these other options!
Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1½ LB Baby potatoes
- Preheat the oven @ 425 degrees F.
- Wash and clean baby potatoes.
- Slice them evenly.
- Leaving the potatoes, toss all the listed ingredients in a big bowl.
- Whisk and the dressing is ready.
- Add potatoes and mix, until all the potatoes are smeared in this dressing.
- Transfer potatoes onto a greased baking tray and spread them in a single layer.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until crispy and toasty.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- A great accompaniment to any salad or pasta dinner.
- Or enjoy it as is like a evening snack.
- This recipe can be made vegan too. Simply skip the cheese and continue with the rest of the ingredients.
- Works great on sweet potatoes too.
- Substitute Parsley with fresh cilantro leaves.