The first time I tasted “avocado” was at a restaurant some 3 years ago when my friend insisted me to try an avocado roll. Believe me, I was very reluctant to try it at first because I didn’t know how it will taste like. But, it tasted really good and I actually liked it. Soft, creamy avocado tasted great with the blend of fresh veggies and spices. Later on, I started adding avocados to my sandwiches, burgers and salads. The fruit itself is so rich and creamy and its buttery texture adds a great flavor to any dish.
This is a no cook, tasty, filling sandwich loaded with nutrients. Easy to make and ideal for birthday parties or picnic luncheons. What could be better option than a sandwich that takes about 5-8 minutes to make? A healthy sandwich layered with buttery avocado, red bell peppers, onion, corn and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
RECIPE DETAIL – For this particular sandwich I have used toasted whole grain wheat bread but any bread like baguette, focaccia bread, tortilla (to make a wrap), sour dough bread, pita bread or any regular white or whole bread would taste great.
Finely chop all the veggies. Feel free to play around with ingredients. For a different flavor,try adding caramelized onions, mushrooms and bell peppers instead of using them fresh.
I have used homemade eggless mayonnaise on my sandwich but try adding mustard or sriracha for an extra kick.
Eat it as a sandwich or as a roll- step by step tutorial explained below. Homemade mayo spread and avocado will hold everything together.
Do try this easy-to-throw-together healthy sandwich and I am sure you are going to love it’s flavor.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Quick and Easy Avocado Mayo Sandwich
- 1 full Avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoon Finely Chopped onion
- 1 small Finely chopped Red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoon Corn Kernels
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 3-4 tablespoon Homaemade Eggless Mayo
- 1/4 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 4 slices of Wheat Bread
TO MAKE A SANDWICH
- Assemble ingredients.
- Toasted bread.
- Chop and toss all the ingredients together in a bowl (leaving mayo and lettuce). Adjust seasonings.
- Apply mayo on a slice..
- Top with shredded lettuce.
- Spoon the avocado mix on top of lettuce.
- Add some more lettuce.
- Apply mayo on the other bread and..
- Make a sandwich.
- Cut diagonally and enjoy!!
TO MAKE A ROLL
- To make a roll, take a bread slice.
- Remove its sides..
- Roll out bread slices with a rolling pin until flattened.
- Apply mayo.
- Place avocado mix at the edge of bread and...
- Start rolling the slice.
- Roll bread into a log. Press lightly on seams and completely seal the ends.
- Cut with a knife and serve.