Easy peasy Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad is a perfect recipe for a busy weeknight. Pair it with your favorite soup and freshly baked bread for a complete and tasty meal tonight!
For those hectic weeknights, Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad come to the rescue – wonderfully refreshing and healthy!
This grilled chicken and avocado salad is full of flavor and quite easy to make. You can choose to add either chicken or grilled tofu to this recipe.
Finally, drizzle your salad with homemade Chipotle Ranch dressing and it will make your taste buds drool.
Homemade Chipotle Ranch dressing takes minutes to prepare and is loaded with fresh flavors and creamy texture.
Simply toss all the ingredients in the food processor/blender and pulse. Adjust seasonings, chill for an hour or so and you are good to go.
For this dressing, a single slice of Chipotle pepper was quite spicy for me but if you like your dressing extra hot than feel free to adjust the spice level with more or less chipotle chilies.
Be careful, these chilies are extremely hot and can make the dressing extra spicy. It’s a versatile dressing that can be used to top all types of salads, wraps, sandwiches, grilled seafood/ chicken, veggies, and more.
How to make Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad?
Begin the recipe by grilling chicken. Best way to grill is to pound chicken pieces in between a plastic wrap until flat. This way it cooks faster. Rub chicken pieces with salt and paprika and cook until tender. Do not overcook the chicken, it will become hard or chewy in texture. When cooked, take it off the flame, dice chicken into cubes and set it aside.
Base of this salad is crispy and crunchy iceberg lettuce but any green salad like kale, arugula or romaine lettuce will work just fine. Feel free to swap ingredients to suit your tastes and diet requirements.
Top with your favorite toppings – corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, grilled chicken or tofu, chopped avocados, red bell pepper and give it a gentle toss. Choose a firm avocado for this salad, mushy avocados will ruin the salad.
Drizzle about a cup of the Chipotle ranch dressing on top and toss everything together. A healthy, filling and satisfying meal is ready to be eaten. This creamy and protein-rich salad can be eaten for lunch or dinner.
If you happen to make this salad, then do share your yum pictures with me @Facebook or drop me a line below!
Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 1 medium head of Iceberg lettuce (appx. 520 grams)
- 1.5 cups Frozen or canned corn kernels (drained)
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 10-12 pieces of Grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small Avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 500 grams Chicken, grilled and diced
- 1 medium Finely chopped Red bell peppers
DRESSING INGREDIENTS – MAKES APPX. 1.5 CUPS OF DRESSING
- 1 cup Fat free yogurt
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 slice of Chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Chives
- Salt to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- Wash and trim lettuce leaves in a salad bowl.
- Add corn kernels, black beans, sliced grape tomatoes, diced avocados, and feta cheese to the same bowl.
- Top the salad with grilled chicken cubes.
- Finally, add chopped red bell peppers.
- Drizzle the dressing on top.
- Gently toss the salad and serve.
MAKING OF DRESSING
- Add all the ingredients to a blender/food processor. Pulse until well blended.
- Adjust seasoning and drizzle on salad.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 867mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1283IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 3mg