Breakfast made easy with air-fryer baked Vegan bread rolls. They are the perfect grab-n- go rolls that are healthy, filling and made with simple ingredients. A yummy breakfast that you will love!
Weekday morning craziness is entirely normal in every household. Everyone is on the go and requires a healthy, filling breakfast to start their day right. So, when life is this busy, portable breakfasts are a lifesaver!
Today’s recipe, Vegan bread rolls will ultimately fit into your busy schedule and will save you some precious time in the morning.
These bread rolls are a staple in my house. Fried or not, we relish them anyhow. It’s the perfect on-the-go recipe. Simply, grab the rolls on your way out to work or kids can eat them on their way to school.
It’s that simple! My kid’s love the convenience of these breakfast rolls.
What I love about these airfryer cooked bread rolls is that they are –
- freezes well for anytime
- and is a filling breakfast that gives you the much-needed energy.
A perfect kid-friendly recipe that adults can eat too! Put it on your meal plan each week and enjoy!
How to Make Vegan Bread Rolls!
Make-ahead breakfast tends to make life much more comfortable. Simply, prepare the filling, shape the rolls and store in the fridge. Next morning, while you are getting ready, toss them in your air-fryer or heated pan, and 15 minutes later crispy rolls are prepared to be devoured.
There are so many ways to cook these rolls. You can either fry them (the original method), pan-cook or bake in an air-fryer.
Yes, you heard me right – these bread rolls are air-fryer cooked. Crunchy, crispy, oil-free rolls that can be enjoyed guilt-free!
Because air fryers use hot-air circulation to heat/cook food. If I have to describe it in one phrase – Airfryer healthily fry food without sacrificing on taste and texture. It is an excellent way to cut down on fat and calories that frying in oil can add.
Try making these rolls in an air fryer and you will love the results. This recipe is quite versatile, feel free to tweak it as you like.
Not in a mood to eat potatoes, then try these combinations-
- scrambled eggs
- tofu/paneer stirfry
- yellow lentils (moong dal) sauteed with onions and spices
- mixed veg saute.
These are just some handful of ideas. Let your imagination run wild. Feel free to double up on these rolls as they will be in demand the very next day too. 😉 😉
These air-fryer cooked bread rolls keep you fueled up throughout your day of school, work
Do give them a try and if you happen to make this recipe, please comment below and leave your feedback. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
- 6-8 pieces of Vegan sourdough bread or any bread
- 2 medium Boiled and peeled potato
- 1 small Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Boiled Green Peas
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika or Red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin powder or Cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil to cook the stuffing
MAKING POTATO PEA FILLING
- Assemble all the ingredients. Boil, peel and mash potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute until translucent. Add boiled peas and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in all the spices one by one. Add boiled potatoes and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Mix until well blended.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Let's begin stuffing the bread.
- Take water in a bowl. Partially dip bread in water. Main idea is to make bread flexible enough to roll.
- Remove and squeeze hard to drain all the excess water. Bread should not feels sticky in between your hands, if it does press more to drain all the water.
- Place the cooled down potato mixture in the center.
- Begin by rolling in the edges...
- Pinch both the edges together...
- Bring in the other two edges..
- Start rolling it in between your palms.
- Keep rolling till it forms a cylindrical shape...
- And is sealed from all the sides.
- Bread rolls are ready. You can either fry them in hot hot oil or pan toast them.
- I prefer to air-fry them. Arrange rolls in your airfryer.
- Cook @350 degree F for 15 minutes.
- If you prefer a deeper color, cook for another 3 minutes. Remove and serve hot
- Heat oil in a kadhai/pan and start adding bread rolls to the hot pan.
- Cook on medium flame and keep applying oil as and when needed.
- Cook until evenly brown from all the sides, turning occasionally.
- Remove and serve hot with hot sauce or green chutney of your choice.
- Or you can even cook them in an OTG oven @ 350 degrees F until crispy and evenly brown. If you choose to fry the bread rolls, then fry them in hot oil until golden brown. Remove and drain them on a paper towel and serve hot.