Enjoy the flavors of your favorite veggies in this savory Crustless Veggie Quiche. It’s the most fun, simple and flavorful way to use up all the leftover veggies. A quick, no-fuss delicious breakfast for the entire family!Sunday mornings is our complete relax time. It’s usually dedicated to long sleep-ins, morning walks followed by a leisurely breakfast. And if it’s raining, it adds all the more charm – calls for something warm and fresh with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
I have the perfect recipe for a rainy day like today – a hearty and savory crustless veggie quiche, right out of the oven!
Crustless veggie quiche is not an average breakfast recipe, it’s great for weekend brunches and can be taken with you to work or to picnics and potlucks. Simply serve with chutney on the side, and I can assure you that everyone will love it!
What is a Quiche?
A quiche is a baked dish or tart made with a savory filling and thickened with eggs. For my little one who is allergic to eggs, I decided to make a quiche without eggs. Trust me; it tastes delicious!
How to make a Crustless Veggie Quiche recipe?
This crustless veggie quiche is quite simple and easy to make. All you have to do is mix the ingredients, top with veggies and bake. It’s THAT easy.
The base for this quiche is made with semolina, yogurt, baking soda, and baking powder. All these ingredients hold the quiche shape perfectly.
Prepare the base, garnish with any vegetable you have on hand, and bake as directed.
This is a very versatile recipe that can be customized to your liking. Feel free to add any seasonal vegetables you have on hand. Some tested and tried options are –
- peas, and
This delicious farmer’s market breakfast quiche or savory cake is packed with tons of fresh flavors and is a perfect way to start your day. It has everything you crave for. Its:
- Loaded with veggies
- Extremely satisfying and filling
- Tastes amazingly delicious
- And takes only 30 minutes from start to finish.
Pan-size required to bake this Crustless Veggie quiche!
This recipe bakes 2 – 9-inch quiche. But can be baked into a single large – deep dish casserole too.
If feeding a large crowd, you might want to double up on the recipe.
So, if you have never attempted making a quiche before, I would suggest, go for it. I am sure it’s going to be your family favorite too!
Hope you’ll give this quiche recipe a try and let me know how it turns out! Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. ?
Crustless Veggie Quiche
FOR THE BASE
VEGGIES FOR TOPPING
- 1/4 cup Sliced or chopped onions
- 12 pieces of Small tomatoes, cut into circles
- 5 pieces of Small Carrots, cut into circles
- 1 medium Zucchini, cut into circles
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
- Cut veggies of your choice in circles.
- Assemble: ingredients. Preheat oven @350 degree F.
- Combine yogurt with baking soda, baking powder, salt, green chili paste and oil.
- Add semolina and beat it well. Beat rapidly to incorporate air into the batter.
- Add water to make a thick pouring consistency batter. I have used a little over 3/4 cup (but less than 1 cup) of water to make a thick batter.
- Grease a quiche pan or a 9 inch baking tray.
- Add crushed black pepper and vinegar to the batter.
- Beat it well.
- Pour batter in the greased tray.
- Top with onions.
- Add veggies of your choice.
- Decorate as you please. Kids will love to try their hand on this one.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and grease the top with olive oil or melted butter.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen the quiche.
- Cut yourself a slice and enjoy with your favorite dressing or chutney.