Cute little cookie cups filled with luscious Pistachio Mousse and topped with Easter sprinkles are the perfect and the most delicious dessert for any occasion! Pistachio Mousse Filled Cookie Cups
Spring has oﬃcially arrived! And you know what this calls for, lots and lots of treats for the upcoming holidays. Kids are home on a spring break, and Easter’s just around the corner. Pistachio Mousse filled Cookie Cups
Easter and spring have always been associated with the color green, so why not make a delicious treat that will be loved by everyone in the house.
My kids have grown up enjoying the playful Easter egg hunts that take place all across the neighborhood.
Each year, they ended their day coming home to me asking for something sweet, and there was always an Easter treat waiting for them.
Even to this day, I plan to surprise them with something delightful and it happens to be their favorite – Pistachio Mousse Filled Cookie Cups!
Easter can be enjoyed by anyone, but I promise you anyone who eats one of these cups, will get a much more ﬂavorful and enjoyable Easter.
The beauty of these cookie cups is that it will be the center of attention drawing people in like honeybees to ﬂowers. These cookie cups are –
- fun and easy
- produces a tender cookie crust and
- is a truly phenomenal gluten-free dessert!
Now onto the recipe!
These Pistachio Mousse Filled Cookie Cups is a delightful dessert for an Easter celebration. Even though they might look like a lot of work, but in reality they are easy-to-make. We start by making a cookie base. This cookie base actually tastes like a sugar cookie.
The cookie dough is molded into a cupcake cavity and baked. Baked cups are then filled with creamy and luscious pistachio mousse.
Pistachio mousse can be substituted for strawberry mousse, but it occurred to me that Spring is associated with a ‘Green color ‘ and green would give these cups the effect of Spring. Together (cookie+mousse) it made a delicious combination.
Decorate it with your favorite spring sprinkles and they make a delicious treat for everyone!
Perfect make-ahead Dessert!
Save yourself some time and stress as this Pistachio mousse filled Cookie cups are a perfect make-ahead-dessert. Simply prepare the cookie cups a day in advance.
When you are ready to serve, arrange them on a platter, fill each cup with pistachio mousse, and top with your favorite sprinkle and serve.
These cups will make a perfect addition to your spring party. Take it your next party and your guests will be impressed with your creativity.
Now, who can resist these cute and adorable cookie cups? At least not me.
I have already devoured a couple of them. 😉 😉
If you happen to make these cookie cups, please comment below and leave your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @ruchiskitchen (one word) or #ruchiskitchen. I would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Pistachio Mousse filled Cookie Cups
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pistachio essence or any essence
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseeds mixed with 2.5 tablespoon water
- 1 cup White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1.5 teaspoon Agar-agar dissolved in 2.5 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Pistachio essence
- 1-2 drops of Green color
MAKING OF COOKIE CUPS
- Preheat oven @350 degree F. Assemble ingredients. Sift almond flour with baking soda, salt and set it aside. All-purpose flour (1.5 cups) can be used as a substitute.
- Combine flaxseed meal and water in a bowl. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes until it becomes thick and slimy(just like an egg).
- Cream butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Add essence and mix again.
- Mix in the dry ingredients along with flaxseed mixture.
- Mix until it forms a soft dough. If the dough doesn't bind, add 1-2 teaspoon of water/milk.
- Grease a cupcake tray. Take a large dough ball and press it firmly into the greased cupcake cavity. Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees F) for 12 minutes. Almond flour bakes faster than the regular flour so start watching the cups after 8 minutes or they will burn.
- Once out of the oven, take a small bottle and gently press the center down.
- After pressing the cookies down bake for another 4 minutes. This way the center will get cooked.
- Beautifully baked cookie cups. Do not remove the cups from the cavity while they are hot.
- Allow them to cool completely. Cookie cups will become firm. Gently run a knife around the edges to loosen cookie cups from the sides of the tray. Set them aside.
- Combine agar-agar with 2 tablespoon water. Whisk it well.
- Allow it to bloom for a 5 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring it to a slight boil.
- Add bloomed agar-agar to cream and allow it simmer for about 5 minutes (over medium-low heat) until it is completely dissolved. This process will hydrate agar-agar, which will allow it to set well. After 5 minutes, take it off the flame. The cream will become slightly thick.
- Pour this mixture over chocolate chips and whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool to about room temperature. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add few drops of green color and pistachio essence. Whisk it well.
- While the above mixture is cooling, prepare the whipped cream by combining heavy whipping cream+powdered sugar +cornstarch. Beat until stiff peaks forms.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into whipped cream.
- Fold gently until well combined.
ASSEMBLING COOKIE CUPS
- Time to assemble our cookie cups.
- Fill a pastry bag with pistachio mousse and pipe the mousse into each cup.
- Top each cookie cup with your favorite Easter edibles and enjoy.