Do you love brownies and sundae ice cream cups? How about we fuse them together to create an even better combination – a Vegan Brownie Sundae Cups! This hot brownie bowl can be created in 30 minutes and is made with simple ingredients.
January has been a dull month for us. No sunshine at all. Blankets of snow have covered our State, and it looks like a Winter Wonderland – Mounds of shiny white snow all around us!
To some of you, snow, ice, and crisp cold may seem frightful, but we love it. We look forward to winter sports like snow tubing, sledding, and skiing. Besides the outdoor activities, it is the perfect weather to snuggle up under a warm blanket and enjoy a warm gooey dessert.
So, to help you brace this winter weather, I have an amazingly delicious dessert – Vegan Brownie Icecream Sundae cups!
Imagine a moist, steaming hot brownie cup adorned with luscious vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup which slowly drips down, cascading its way across the edges.
Sounds heavenly, right? It sure does!
It indeed is a sight to behold. It is a dessert to be savored, with every bite rolling around your mouth coating it in the pleasant taste it exudes! The brownie itself is spongy and velvety, completely soaked in the delicious mixture of chocolate syrup and your favorite ice cream.
This sure is the ultimate snow day treat that will warm you inside out. ?
How to make a Brownie Sundae Cup?
Start by brownie cups first. To make these cups, prepare the brownie batter and pour it into a greased muffin tray. Fill each muffin mold 2/3 full. Bake until done.
When the brownies are baked, remove from the oven and immediately press the bottom of a small plastic bottle into each brownie. It will look like a small crater/indent inside a brownie. Make the indent on a hot brownie and do not let the brownie cool down.
After the brownies have cooled, run a spatula or butter knife around each brownie cup and remove it from the pan.
How long does it take to bake a Brownie Sundae cup?
It takes about 25-28 minutes to bake these brownie cups. In this baking time, these cups become firm along the edges but stay moist and fudgy in the center.
After that, the recipe is pretty simple. Fill the center of each brownie with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, drizzle chocolate sauce, top with a maraschino cherry and some sprinkles for fun! This cute and adorable individual serving dessert make a perfect party treat!
Tips to consider, What could possibly go wrong!
This is a fail-proof recipe, but if some steps are not followed correctly, then it could turn into a mess. Therefore, I emphasize that please go through these tips.
Coat the inside of the pan generously with oil. Do not avoid this step or else the brownies will stick to the pan making it difficult to remove.
Use a light-colored metal pan to bake the brownies. Lighter pans bake the perfect brownies that are firm on the edges and soft and gooey in the center. With dark colored containers, you will end up overcooking or even burning the sides of your brownies. But if you were to use a dark-colored pan, then reduce the temperature by 25 degrees and bake until done.
To prevent drying – cover the baked brownies all the way around to the edge with an aluminum foil. If left exposed, they will dry out quickly, and the brownies will become hard on the edges. Wait for 2-3 minutes after baking and then cover them well.
Remove the brownies from the pan, once they are comfortable enough to touch and slightly cooled. If you try to remove them while they are still hot, they will crumble.
I encourage you to give this Brownie Sundae cup a try. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. ?
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Vegan Aquafaba Brownies
- Double Chocolate Pecan Brownie
- Brownie Flavored Hot Chocolate
- Eggless Chocolate Mousse Brownie
- Brownie Halloween Dirt Cups
Thanks for reading.?
Vegan Brownie Sundae Cups
FINISH OFF WITH
- - - Vegan Coconut Ice cream (store-bought)
- - - Cherries
- - - Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl. Set it aside. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well.
- Thoroughly grease a muffin tray with oil. Pour the batter into the molds.
- Tap the tray gently on the counter to release trapped air.
- Bake in a preheated oven ( 350 degrees F) for 25-28 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clear with few moist crumbs attached to it. Remove from oven.
- While the brownies are still hot, take a small plastic bottle and gently press down in the center of the brownies. Do not press all the way down. Just a gentle press.
- It will look like a small crater in the center of your brownies. Don't worry if a little crumb of the brownie sticks to the bottom of the bottle. The brownies are still warm and soft in the center. Wipe the crumb off and press the other one. Cover the brownies with a foil and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a spatula or a butter knife around the edges and remove the brownies from the mold. If they are stuck, rerun the knife in a circle and apply a little pressure. They will pop out.
- Cover the baked brownies all the time or they will dry out and become hard.
- To build a Sundae Cup-
Take a brownie cup, place a scoop of ice cream in the center, drizzle chocolate syrup all over the entire brownie sundae, top with a cherry and dig in your individual serving that you do not have to share with anyone. Sprinkles used in the recipe are not VEGAN.
- Concerned about sugar - do not worry, these brownies are moderately sweet and with a dollop of ice cream, the sweetness is perfectly balanced. But if you still want to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe, take 2-3 tablespoons off the quantity mentioned below.
- You can use a cupcake liner to bake the brownies.
- Store-bought brownie mix can be used for this recipe.
- Can be made ahead of time for a birthday party or picnic. But keep them covered all the time to avoid drying.
- Instead of Ice cream, whipped cream can be used too.
- Brownies can be stored at room temperatures for 3 days. After that store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- The possibilities of toppings and sprinkles are endless. Change the sprinkles to suit the festive theme.