Topped with mounds of toasted coconut, chocolate and caramel syrup this rich and creamy No Bake Coconut Pumpkin Mousse Pie will surely rock your next dinner party!!
Fall is in the air, and nothing says Autumn more than a big slice of Pumpkin pie, and a hot beverage. Oh, heavenly!
Pumpkins are the perfect fall weather food. When pumpkins start hitting our local grocery stores, I buy a few to cook up sweet and savory pumpkin dishes and save a few to carve jack-O-lanterns. It’s fun for the whole family.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I will be making my all-time favorite no-bake coconut pumpkin mousse pie. This recipe is great for fall entertaining!
What makes up this No Bake Coconut Pumpkin Mousse Pie?
This No-Bake Coconut Pumpkin Mousse Pie is the easiest dessert that comes together in less than an hour and tastes fantastic!
Before you begin, consider yourself warned – pumpkin puree + coconut milk when combined with whipped cream and cream cheese makes the best mousse pie.
It is so luscious, creamy and addicting that even the pumpkin-haters (like my son) asked for a second serving.
How to make No Bake Coconut Pumpkin Mousse Pie?
No-bake coconut pumpkin mousse pie has three layers –
- the crunchy and crispy bottom layer,
- creamy and silky mousse layer and
- finally topped with toasted coconut, chocolate, and caramel layer.
Altogether it is heavenly and sinfully delicious!!
Start by making the base layer – crushed graham crackers + soften butter + coconut flakes. Crush the three together and press it at the bottom of a greased springform pan. Set in the fridge to chill.
Time for the center layer. Combine cream cheese + sugar+coconut milk + pumpkin puree in a bowl. Whisk until well blended. Pour over the chilled cookie base and allow it to set for 5-6 hours.
I have used store-bought pumpkin puree for this recipe. But if it’s not too much of a work for you, you can use homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe.
Once the pie is set, generously top it with toasted coconut flakes and chocolate syrup.
A perfect make-ahead dessert!
Amidst so many festive preparations, this simple no-bake pie recipe can trim your workload tremendously. Set the pie and store in your refrigerator covered with a wrap.
It’s good for 3-4 days in your fridge. Save the toasted coconut flakes for the last. Sprinkle just before serving. This recipe can be customized to your liking. Decorate the way you like it.
Not a coconut lover, no worries.
Simply leave that out and enjoy the pie as is with chocolate mousse drizzle.
The simplicity of this recipe is what I love. This mouth-watering pie is –
- has mousse-like texture,
- pumpkin-y and
- just absolutely delicious.
A real show-stopper dessert for your party guests! No one can resist a big slice of No Bake Coconut Pumpkin Mousse Pie after dinner – this is perfection!
Few tips to follow –
- Set the base layer and chill before you pour in the mousse.
- For a silky and creamy texture, mix all the ingredients until well blended.
- Give it sufficient time to set.
- It’s a mousse pie. It will set firm and thick, but not freeze rock solid like ice cream.
- When set, cut a slice and enjoy!!
Hope you like this simple recipe and give it a try. If you happen to make it, then drop me a line below. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
For more pumpkin recipes visit – Turmeric Ginger Vegan Pumpkin Soup
Are we friend’s yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on –
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on –
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
No Bake Coconut Pumpkin Mousse Pie
FOR THE BASE LAYER
- 16 big pieces of Gluten-free Graham crackers (2 stacks)
- 1/2 cup Soften butter
- 3/4 cup Dried Coconut Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Coconut extract (optional)
FOR THE PUMPKIN MOUSSE (MIDDLE LAYER)
- 10 ounces Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Chilled canned Coconut Milk (see notes below)
- 8 ounces Homemade Whipped cream (or cool whip)
FOR THE TOP LAYER
- 3/4 cup Toasted Coconut flakes
- 3-4 tablespoon Chocolate Syrup
- 3-4 tablespoon Caramel Syrup
- Assemble ingredients for the base layer.
- Add everything to a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan.
- Transfer mixture to the pan and firmly press the mixture to the base of the pan. Set in the fridge to chill (30-40 minutes).
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare the mousse filling. Assemble all the ingredients listed under “pumpkin mousse – middle layer.” NOTE- Please use chilled coconut milk for this recipe. The one that is refrigerated for 6-8 hours in the fridge. Now open the can of coconut milk and there will be a firm, creamy layer on top. Scoop and measure this solidified layer. Please use only the solid cream. Do not use the coconut water that is left at the base. Use this 1/2 cup of coconut solid cream for this recipe.
- In a food processor, ‘Pulse’ all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Adjust sugar at this point.
- In a large bowl take whipping cream.
- Add pureed pumpkin mixture to it.
- Gently fold whipping cream into the pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Pour this mousse mix into the cookie base (pic 4) that we had prepared and chilled earlier in the recipe.
- Cover and allow it to set for 5-6 hours.
- Gently run a knife around the edges and loosen the pie.
- Carefully, remove the pie from the pan mold. It’s a mousse pie. It will set firm and thick, but not freeze rock solid like an ice cream.
- Finish the pie by adding toasted coconut flakes on top.
- Generously drizzle chocolate syrup.
- Finally, cut yourself a large slice and enjoy!!
- the base of almonds and gluten-free oats.
- base made with grounded cashews and butter
- base of no-cook almonds energy balls would taste great too!