Brighten your holidays with these d-licious Eggless Coconut cookies that are the perfect grab-and-go kind of cookies. Super easy to make, crispy, and surprisingly addictive!
Every year, I try to bake treats for my little trick and treaters. This year, on Halloween they will be greeted with Eggless Coconut cookies…. Yum! These cookies are incredibly simple to make, and they’ve been tested and tried in my kitchen with just one goal in mind – bake without a doubt!
These delicious cookies use just a handful of ingredients and can be perfectly paired with your evening tea or coffee. Each bite you take will just melt-in-your-mouth and awaken your taste buds. All thanks to the secret ingredient – desiccated coconut.
The goodness doesn’t end here. With every bite that you take, the flavor lingers in your mouth, and that leaves you craving for more. Doesn’t that sound yummy?
This recipe has everything you need in a cookie. It is –
- Insanely good
- Easy to make
- Uses ingredients that are readily available
- Super crispy and crunchy
- and is well balanced, with just the right amount of sweetness!
What more can you ask for in a cookie? It’s that gooooooood!!
Coconut is good!
I love coconut and like to experiment with it. And why not, it’s loaded with right nutrients. Coconut contains
- no cholesterol, or trans fats
- is abundant in some essential nutrients like dietary fiber, manganese, and copper
- 1 ounce of coconut provides 38 grams of dietary fiber.
It’s that good and healthy then why not include it in our diet?
Besides nutrition, it’s easy to store in the refrigerator for months without spoiling and comes in real handy.
How to Make Eggless Cococnut Cookies?
The process of making these eggless coconut cookies is straightforward. Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and make a soft dough. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hr. This step is important. Please do not skip this step.
Cookie dough that is chilled before baking –
- will retain their shape much better and
- butter will not melt as soon as the cookies hit the oven.
Whereas, an un-chilled dough will make the cookies to spread causing a distorted shape. So, chilling a cookie dough is a significant step. Shape and bake as directed.
Do give this fantastic cookie recipe a try. Believe me once tasted; you will be driven to make them more often. These Eggless Coconut cookies are a thumbs up for my family.
If you happen to make this recipe, then share your comments below. Would love to hear back from you!
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Eggless Coconut cookies
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1.5 cup Unsweetend desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 teaspoon Milk
- Few drops of Vanilla essence
- Assemble dry ingredients. Flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Desiccated coconut.
- Sugar and butter
- Vanilla Essence and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- If there are leftover lumps, in the end, press them against the strainer using a spatula. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Add desiccated coconut.....
- Add flour.
- Vanilla essence and milk.
- Mix until it forms a soft dough. The dough should not be sticky or runny.
- Shape as logs. Wrap cookie dough in a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes as the dough performs best when chilled. Not only a chilled dough is easier to handle; it also boosts up the flavor and texture of a cookie. Please see notes above. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Take chilled dough logs out of the refrigerator and cut in the desired shape.
- All set and we are just few minutes away from baking this goodies.
- Start arranging the cookies on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Baked to perfection!!
- I have baked two batches - one is a lighter batch baked for 12- 15 minutes and another one is a darker batch baked for 15-20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven they will still be soft and gooey. No worries.
- Let it sit for a while and they will become firm.
- Bursting with flavor, these cookies will just melt away in your mouth.
- Crispy cookies are ready to be eaten.