Learn how to make homemade Whipped Cream with just 4 basic ingredients. Super easy to make and is the perfect topping to any dessert, cake, pudding or coffee!
Whether be a cold coffee or a warm cake right out of the oven, everyone loves a dollop of whipped cream on top. I enjoy whipped cream as a topping on my desserts and have prepared recipes using whipped cream.
But recently while working on a recipe, I ran out of whipped cream so decided to make my own – Homemade Whipped Cream.
When it comes to homemade I am all up for it, it’s fun, exciting and you learn something new.
This is my go-to recipe that has never failed me. It comes out perfectly every time for me. Once you make your own whipped cream at home, you will never go back to buying it from the local markets.
What do you need to make Homemade Whipped Cream?
Making whipped cream at home is extremely simple. All you need is just two basic ingredients –
- An electric mixer
- Whipped Cream and sugar
That’s all you need to whip up your very own whipped cream. It’s so much fun to watch a simple whipping cream getting transformed into something frothy and airy.
How to make homemade whipped cream?
To hold its shape, whipped cream frosting needs to be stabilized with either gelatin, agar-agar or cornstarch. Without a stabilizing agent, whipped cream will not hold its shape in a hot and humid climate. I prefer to use any heavy cream that has min. 35% of fat. Any cream with 35% of fat + a stabilizing agent will give good results.
Begin the recipe, by chilling the bowl and blade (the one you are going to use to whip up the cream) in the refrigerator for an hour. Chilling the bowl and blades help the cream to whip up faster.
Combine all the ingredients in the chilled bowl and beat on high speed until the stiff peaks form. That’s it. Homemade and simple whipped cream is ready to be used.
Tips to follow, What could possibly go wrong!
Please start at low speed, to begin with, otherwise, the liquid cream will splash over your counters. Once the cream starts to thicken, gradually increase it to a high speed.
Whip it just enough. Do not overbeat the cream, otherwise, you will end up with homemade butter.
How to check if the whipped cream has the right consistency –
- Blade marks or circles will be formed by the blade in the cream as it gets thicker.
- The cream will double up in volume and become dense.
- Last an the most important one – remove the whisk/blender from the mixer/base. Hold it upside down and if the whipped cream maintains its soft peak firmly without falling off the blade (see pic below) – it’s ready to use and is perfect.
Do give this recipe a try. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Are we friend's yet?
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch/Cornflour ( a stabilizing agent)
- Few drops of Vanilla essence (optional)
- Assemble ingredients.
- Before you start, chill blade and bowl in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Pour heavy cream or whipping cream to the chilled bowl..
- Mix in sugar and cornflour. Cornflour/cornstarch helps whipped cream to holds its shape. It acts as a stabilizing agent.
- Turn the mixer or hand blender to medium speed and start whipping the cream. Within 2- 3 minutes, the cream will start to get frothy and thicken up, keep mixing. All I need is a soft peak, so I whipped it for another 2-3 minutes and the whipped cream increased in volume and was very airy and thick.
- To check if the whipped cream has the right consistency - remove the whisk/blender from the mixer/base. Turn it upside down and if the whipped cream maintains its soft peak firmly without falling off the blade - it's ready to use and is perfect.
- Whipped cream is all set and ready to use. Place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream on fresh fruits and serve chilled.
- Top your favorite cake or pie with freshly homemade whipped cream and enjoy!
- a stand mixer,
- hand blender
- or even a simple whisk.