A light and airy Eggless Strawberry Mousse made with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream. An incredibly delicious and luscious treat perfect for your Valentine’s day or any other day celebrations!
Looking for a last minute easy peasy dessert recipe that can be made-ahead-of -time for your Valentine? Then look no more! Eggless Strawberry Mousse is a perfect no-bake dessert that comes together in 15 minutes (minus the setting time) and tastes delicious. You don’t have to be an experienced cook to make a mousse. With just a few ingredients on hand, you can create something exciting and delicious for your Valentine or your family.
This recipe will be loved by all ages as it has:
- no gelatin,
- is egg-free
- and gluten-free too.
I have been making this mousse for quite some time and had to share that it’s a keeper.
But can an Eggless Strawberry Mousse set without gelatin?
Of course, it can. The secret ingredient is – Agar-agar!
Strawberries + whipped cream + agar-agar powder is a fantastic combination to any mousse. Even without gelatin, this mousse holds its shape perfectly and is –
- so creamy,
- velvety in texture and
- will just melt-in-your-mouth.
Get ready to experience a real taste that just screams STRAWBERRIES without any added flavor. 🙂
How to make an Eggless Strawberry mousse?
Start the recipe by making the strawberry syrup first. For that combine strawberry and sugar in a pan. Boil until the strawberries are all mushy and the syrup has thickened, take it off the flame and allow to cool. When completely cooled, coarsely puree it with an immersion blender. Set it aside.
Meanwhile, prepare agar-agar mixture by mixing it with warm water. Unlike gelatin, agar-agar needs to be bloomed for a few minutes.
In another pan, melt white chocolate in a bowl. Add the bloomed agar-agar to the melted chocolate and whisk it well. Pour in the strawberry syrup and mix until combined.
Finally, combine this mixture with a whipped cream mixture and fold it gently. Pour in serving bowls and allow it to set for 5-6 hours or overnight. Once set, decorating is super easy and fun! Top with a swirl of whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and shavings of chocolate. Or enjoy as is, it tastes super yum without a topping too.
Tips to consider, what could possibly go wrong!
Some tested and tried options are-
- feel free to swap fresh strawberries with frozen strawberries. Or merely use berries of your choice to make a different flavor mousse.
- Store bought whipped cream can be used. If you like to make it at home, then follow this link.
- The color of mousse depends on the color of strawberries. Mine was not too red, so the mousse turned out to be lighter in color.
- This is a mousse, and it will melt if exposed to hot temperatures. So if you are planning to make it for Mother’s day or 4th of July then make provisions to keep it cold, or it will turn into a milkshake-like consistency.
Depending on the weather, it may take somewhere between 3-6 hours to set the mousse.
I encourage you to give this Eggless Strawberry Mousse a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other options!
Thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Eggless Strawberry Mousse
WHITE CHOCOLATE MIX
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
FOR THE MOUSSE
- 2/3 cup Homemade Whipped cream
STRAWBERRY SYRUP - WILL YIELD 1/3 cup
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 cup tablespoon of Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Strawberry extract
AGAR AGAR MIX
- 1.5 teaspoon Agar agar powder or Unflavored veg gelatin
- 2 tablespoon Cold Water
TO DECORATE - OPTIONAL
- 5 pieces of Fresh Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate Shavings
PREPARING THE STRAWBERRY SYRUP
- Wash and clean strawberries. Trim the top off. (read notes above)
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Keep stirring occasionally.
- When the strawberries are all mushy and the syrup has thickened, take it off the flame and allow to cool. TIP - Taste, if the syrup taste tarty, then add extra sugar and boil for few more minutes.
- When completely cooled, coarsely puree it with an immersion blender. Add essence and set it aside. Measure the syrup - you will require 1/3 cup of thick syrup.
AGAR AGAR PREPARATION
- Combine agar-agar with 2 tablespoon water.
- Whisk it well.
- Allow it to bloom for a 5 minute.
ASSEMBLING THE MOUSSE
- Meanwhile prepare white chocolate base. Measure white chocolate.
- Combine white chocolate and cream in a glass bowl.
- Heat a pan 1/2 filled with water over low heat. When it begins to simmer, lower the heat and place the chocolate bowl over the water. Keep stirring the chocolate as it softens and melts.
- Add agar-agar that was prepared earlier in the recipe. Whisk to combine. Take it off the flame.
- Add cooled strawberry syrup that was prepared earlier to the chocolate mixture. Make sure the strawberry syrup is cool and comfortable to touch before you add it to the chocolate.
- Whisk to combine. Allow this mix to sit for 5 minutes over the counter. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare homemade whipped cream or you can use the store bought one. If using the store bought whipped cream, thaw it for 20 minutes on the counter.
- Add strawberry-chocolate mix to whipped cream.
- Gently fold the strawberry mixture into the cream until combined. Do not beat the mousse.
- Pour into individual cups and chill for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Or chill until firm.
- All set mousse.
- Just before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired.
- Decorate with freshly sliced strawberries and some chocolate shavings and serve.
Can this mousse be made with other fruits?Of course! Some other options are:
- pureed mango
- mashed banana
- pureed pineapple
- pureed kiwi
- pureed peaches and the list is endless!