Get ready to be wowed by this heavenly stunner dessert — an eggless pineapple pastry recipe! This pastry is meticulously crafted with cake layers and whipped cream and embellished with luscious pineapple chunks and cherries!
It’s a perfect balance of tang and creamy sweetness that guarantees to enchant your taste buds in every irresistible bite that encapsulates the essence of tropical delight!
Craving something sweet and tropical? Wave hello to our Eggless Pineapple Pastry!
Just like my other eggless bakes — eggless vanilla cupcakes, eggless red velvet cupcakes, butterscotch cupcakes, or eggless marble cupcakes, this step-by-step recipe offers the irresistible taste of store-bought pastries in the comfort of your home.
Every bite of this egg-free delicacy promises to cater to your sweet cravings without compromising on its texture or flavor.
What is Eggless Pineapple Pastry Recipe
Boasting one of the most loved flavors around the world, a pineapple cake doesn’t need any introduction!
Adorned with a velvety smooth whipped cream frosting, this eggless pineapple pastry is a perfect amalgamation of moist sponge cake layers infused with fresh pineapples’ sweet and tangy essence that emanates zesty flavors.
Each component of this creamy sweet indulgence harmoniously blends to create a marvelous extravaganza of flavors that taste like a slice of paradise, bursting with a refreshing pineapple flavor.
Reasons You’ll ♡ Eggless Pineapple Pastry Recipe
Whether you are a novice cook or an expert in the kitchen, this easy-to-follow recipe promises to take you on a delightful baking adventure in no time and you will love this recipe as it is —
- Delicious and blissfully decadent
- Super easy to bake
- Drool-worthy moist and spongy fluffiness
- A perfect make-ahead recipe to impress guests, and
- Contains no artificial colors or flavors!
The best part is, these pineapple pastries make a perfect snack to introduce on special occasions like birthdays, potlucks, and events to impress your friends and loved ones.
Pack these in the tiffin and let your little ones take you by surprise.
So, get ready to experience guilt-free indulgence with this homemade eggless pastry.
Ingredient List for Eggless Pineapple Pastry Recipe
All-purpose flour — As the base ingredient of the recipe, all-purpose flour contributes to the pastry’s structure, texture, and stability. Fresh all-purpose flour is the key to the tastiest and most well-baked cake.
Baking Powder — The primary purpose of using this leavening agent when making a cake is to provide the batter with the necessary lift and aeration. It makes the batter light and fluffy while baking, ensuring that the resulting cake is soft, airy, and feather-like textured.
Salt — The all-sweet cake batter is balanced with a pinch of salt addition that also deepens the flavors of other ingredients used in the recipe.
Baking Soda — Used as another leavening agent, baking soda helps the cake to rise better and helps create a tender crumb. It also contributes to the cake’s overall texture, making the pastry moist, fluffy, and decadent. However, ensure it is added in a restricted amount to avoid excessive rise or a bitter aftertaste in the pastry.
Sugar — Regular sugar is added as a sweetener for this recipe. It elevates the overall flavor of the pastry.
Oil — Oil lends the necessary moistness to the cake batter and contributes to its texture. Butter can be substituted for oil if you prefer.
Pineapple Essence — A few drops of pineapple essence enrich the pastry with tropical flavors, making it truly irresistible. Make sure you get the BEST quality essence for the best flavor.
Milk — Milk is added to the batter for some extra moisture. It also brings more richness to the texture of the pastry. Or you can use buttermilk ( a combination of milk + vinegar) instead.
Vinegar — White distilled vinegar helps retain the moistness and lends fluffiness to the pastry. However, it is added in moderation as more of it will lend a sour taste and may ruin the recipe’s flavor.
Cream — Homemade whipped cream is used for making the frosting for our gorgeous pastry. Full-fat whipping cream is preferred to achieve the best results.
Pineapple juice — An absolute must-have ingredient for this recipe, pineapple juice makes the pastry more flavorful and delicious.
Cherries — For adding a glamorous touch to our irresistible treats.
Pineapple Slices — For layering the cake slices and extra flavor. Chop them into small cubes and layer the cake.
Eggless Pineapple pastry Recipe Tips and Variations
Time-saving hack — You can make this recipe from scratch, just like I have made. Or, to save time, you can use a store-bought cake mix as the base layer. The choice is entirely yours. The results will be great either way.
Measuring the ingredients correctly is the key — Inadequate or improper amounts of ingredients directly impact the success of the baked product. Improper measurement leads to an unbalanced batter, resulting in a dry, dense, or overly moist cake. Proper measurements ensure that the desired balance of cake’s texture and flavor is maintained. Therefore, when preparing the batter, take care to measure the ingredients accurately.
Fresh ingredients give perfect results —Expired or old ingredients, especially the leavening agents, have lost their potency over time; therefore, they should be avoided altogether. These do not help the cake rise or fluff properly if used. So, every time you plan to bake, check for the shelf life of the leavening agents. It is an important step not to be missed.
Sift the ingredients for a lighter and fluffier cake — Sifting helps to break any lumps and incorporate air into the dry ingredients, making the cake airy and light. This allows the batter to become more consistent and rise properly. Sifting also ensures that the leavening agents are evenly distributed throughout the dry ingredients.
Bring the ingredients to room temperature — Before adding to the cake batter, make sure the ingredients are at room temperature, as this ensures an even mixing that allows better incorporation and emulsification of ingredients. This results in a more consistent, smoother batter and a lighter and fluffier cake. Moreover, ingredients at room temperature promote even baking, leading to a delightful crumb structure.
Dilemma over butter or oil? Well, both work great! Preference is purely yours. However, the advantage of using oil over butter is that butter freezes in the refrigerator, hardening the cake, while oil-based cakes remain soft and moist under similar conditions.
Abstain from over-mixing the batter — Over-aerating the batter leads to dense and chewy pastry; therefore, mix until just combined. We only want a sufficient amount of air to trap in the batter for the fluffiest cake. Overdoing will lead to adverse results.
Buttermilk adds a delightful moistness — Buttermilk is the best choice for making the moistest eggless pineapple pastry, as it is thick in consistency. It tenderizes the gluten in the batter owing to its acidic behavior and helps turn the cake super spongy. Milk and vinegar can be used in place of buttermilk if desired.
Avoid a soggy cake layer — Avoid adding too much pineapple juice to the cake layers, as this will make the cake soggy and difficult to handle. Drizzle the juice moderately to flavor the cake and not saturate it.
Enhancing the yumminess — Are you an ardent pineapple fan? Then, add crushed pineapple between the cake sheets for an extra flavor boost. It adds not only more flavor but also character to the pastry. I have used canned pineapple here, which is much sweeter and juicier than fresh ones.
Easing off the prep time — This recipe is made from scratch, and I have used homemade whipped cream for the frosting. But if you want to reduce the prep time, you may use store-bought whipped cream to frost your sweet delicacy.
Check out for the right temperature — Please stick to the temperature guide provided in the instructions, as any alteration will result in a dry and crumbly cake or even a raw cake that is not delectable.
The test for doneness — The toothpick test is an all-time preference of most bakers as this ensures the best results. Stick a toothpick in the center of the cake and check out for any crumbs. If the toothpick comes out clean….. smile! Your cake is done!
Refrigerate to keep the frosting intact — Keeping the frosted pastry at room temperature for too long softens the frosting and ruins the texture of the pastry. Therefore, keep the frosted pastry under refrigeration for the best results.
For the best-tasting pastry — Chilling pastry in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours will allow the frosting to set properly, enhancing the flavor and texture of the pastry. Therefore, for the best-tasting pineapple pastry, let it to chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Best baking-pan options — This pastry is primarily layers of cake with cream sandwiching for added lusciousness, so we need to bake this cake into thin sheet-like layers. This facilitates the slicing and assembling of the cake and cream layers. A nonstick baking sheet tray is the best pan for baking a thin cake for this stunner dessert.
Meticulous slicing — To achieve a clean pastry cut, ensure the cake has been chilled for some time (after cooling completely) to firm up the frosting and the cake layers. Saw through the pastry using a gentle movement of a serrated knife. Clean the knife between the cuts to maintain a neat appearance and serve cleanly cut portions. This will ensure that the frosting is not sticking to the blade, giving way to smooth, cleaner edges.
Sweet addition of flavors — For the ultimate tropical-flavored pastry, this lovely creation has to be completely drenched with pineapple flavor, which makes it imperative to add some juiciness to the cake to elevate the fruit flavor. The base of this pastry is a pineapple-flavored sponge cake, and the pineapple juice drizzled over it enhances the taste of the pineapple, taking the deliciousness to the next level. I have used the syrup from the canned pineapples in this recipe. However, you can prepare regular sugar syrup and flavor it with pineapple essence to use as an alternative in case you don’t have the pineapple syrup at hand.
Altering the sweetness — The eggless cake layer is moderately sweetened for this recipe. However, you may modify the sweetness by adding more sugar to the cake batter.
Let me know what you think!
This soft and airy Pineapple Pastry is an absolute must-try recipe. Don’t wait anymore if the pictures above excite you and leave you drooling.
Let’s steer right away to the kitchen, whip up this irresistible masterpiece, and allow ourselves to indulge in a slice of tropical blissfulness.
Should you make these Eggless Pineapple pastries, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
CRAVING FOR MORE? TRY OUR OTHER EGGLESS CUPCAKES –
Follow the step-by-step recipe below to make the best Eggless Pineapple Pastry Recipe
Eggless Pineapple Pastry Recipe
- 2 cups Homemade Whipped cream
- ¼ cup Pineapple Juice (to pour on the cake sheets)
- Pineapple Slices for garnish and chopped and layered in between slices
- Cherries to decorate
BAKE THE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13″ baking sheet/tray with parchment paper and grease it with oil or butter. Set it aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Sift the ingredients. Set it aside.Protip — Sifting removes any lumps or impurities from the flour and eases the mixing of ingredients.
- Combine sugar and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until smooth. Add pineapple essence, milk, and vinegar.
- Add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined; do not over-mix the batter. Keep scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread the cake batter into the prepared sheet/tray. With the help of a spreader knife, even out the batter in the tray.Bake the cake immediately in a preheated oven for approximately 12-14 minutes or until the top is golden. Once the toothpick comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tray for 5-7 minutes. With a thin spatula, loosen the edges of the cake from all sides. Place a fresh parchment paper on top of a wire rack and carefully flip over the cake onto the lined wired rack. Immediately peel the parchment paper from the flipped cake and discard it. Measure and slice the cake in half. Allow the eggless cake sheets to cool completely.
ASSEMBLE THE PINEAPPLE PASTRY
- Once our sheet cake is completely cooled, use a fork to poke holes over the cake.
- Pour the pineapple juice all over the cake's top, ensuring it goes in the holes. Generously pipe the whipped cream frosting all over the juice-drizzled cake. Protip — To attain perfect frosting/icing in between the layers, please spread the whipped cream evenly over the cake.
- Place the other half of the cake over the frosted cake. Repeat the process (create 2 or 3 layers) – poke the cake with a fork, spread chopped pineapple, drizzle pineapple juice all over the holes, and layer with whipped cream frosting.
- Finally, finish the pineapple pastry with whipped cream frosting. Place a large dollop of whipped cream on top of the cake for a smooth finish. Spread the frosting cleanly around the top and sides of the cake.Protip — Cream is the substantial part of this rich and luscious pineapple pastry, making the pastry different from a cake! A piece of advice here is to not hold back on the cream, as it is the essential ingredient holding the cake layers together. I prefer adding an extra layer of cream between the cake layers for a more creamy bite. It is best to use 35% fat cream with added pineapple essence for an exotic tropical flavor.
- Run the clean spatula gently over the surface of the icing/frosting and smoothen the edges. For clean, smooth pastries, make sure everything is nice and leveled. Now, divide the pastry into 10 equal-sized slices with a fresh, clean knife. Protip — Use a ruler to divide your cake into even pastries.
- Decorate each slice of eggless pineapple pastry with a swirl of whipped cream, pineapple slices, and maraschino cherries. Set in refrigerator to chill. Serve and enjoy!Protip — Layer it as you like! As shown in the recipe, the pastry is made in a 3-tier pastry. You can make it a 2-tier or a 3-layered pastry as you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I store this Eggless Pineapple Pastry for later?Yes, you can! Let the pastry cool down completely. Then, transfer it into an air-tight container or wrap it in a plastic sheet to prevent it from drying out. You can now refrigerate your pastry for up to 2-3 days. But this pastry is best devoured when fresh, as its taste and texture may alter over time.
Is this recipe for Eggless Pineapple Pastry freezer-friendly?Yes, you can store this pastry in the freezer for weeks or even three months. Cut and cool the cake and slice it before wrapping each slice in plastic wrap. Transfer it into a freezer-safe container or a zip-lock freezer bag and slide it into the freezer. Thaw it before serving, and enjoy.
What other interesting variations or flavors can I try?This is a basic recipe for flavored pastry, so you can alter the flavors according to your preference. Some other tested options are –
- Peach – peach juice + vanilla essence
- Mango – mango juice + mango essence
- Raspberry – raspberry juice + vanilla essence
- Strawberry – strawberry juice + strawberry extract
- Mixed berries – mixed berry juice + vanilla essence