Chocolate and Vanilla, when paired together, create the most amazing combination of flavors. These Eggless Marble Cupcakes topped with homemade Nutella buttercream frosting is pure indulgence. Perfectly sweet, tender and super moist in every bite. ♥ ♥
Calling all chocolate and Vanilla lovers! Do you love chocolate and vanilla in your cupcakes then why settle for one flavor? In this made-from-scratch cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla are swirled together in a simple one-batter to create the most light and fluffy eggless marble cupcakes. So soft that they’ll melt in your mouth!
By now, you can tell that I love making cupcakes. It’s a more natural way to keep a tab on your portion control. 😉 All the cupcake recipes on the blog are homemade, egg-free and delicious.
But today, I am preparing these cuties for Mother’s day which is just around the corner. I have some yummy sweets lined up for this special day, and the first sweet among my list is eggless chocolate-vanilla marble cupcakes.
So what makes these cupcakes so light and airy?
The secret ingredient is Flaxseed meal. Flaxseeds are loaded with good stuff. It’s a –
- Rich source of omega 3 essential fatty acids and fiber
- Rich in phosphorus and magnesium
- High in anti-oxidants
- Aids digestion
- Adds a nutritional punch to these cupcakes
- And an excellent substitute for eggs. ♥ ♥
How to Bake Eggless Marble Cupcakes?
To avoid confusion, I have arranged the ingredient list separately into two – white batter and chocolate batter. Start by making the white batter first. Due to flaxseeds, cupcake batter will have specks of flax in it. But don’t worry, the flavor is so good that you will hardly taste the flax seed meal in your cupcakes.
Prepare the Chocolate mixture and now add 3/4 cup of the white batter to this. Mix it well. Now spoon the two batters in cupcake liners and bake as directed.
Ways to create a marble pattern!
No fancy equipment or skills are required to swirl the batter in an intricate pattern. Just do either ONE of these tricks-
- Pour one spoon of white batter at the base followed by a spoon of chocolate batter. Keep repeating till the cupcake liners are 2/3 filled.
- Do a half and half – half of the white batter on one side and half of the chocolate batter on the other – shown below.
- Or just layer the batter in the liners spoon by spoon and then use a toothpick or knife to make a round swirl or a star on top.
Whatever method you choose, this recipe bakes into a deliciously soft, tender cupcakes.
Seven reasons why I love these cupcakes. They are –
- Super easy to make
- Moist and light
- Sinfully decadent and
- Has a wonderful texture!
As a bonus – You get to taste the best of both the worlds; Vanilla followed by chocolate in every bite.
Now, let’s talk frosting!
These cupcakes are so yummy and delicious as is that it doesn’t need any frosting to dress them up. But if would like to add a zing to these cuties, then top them with homemade Nutella buttercream frosting – a recipe is given.
I hope you enjoy making and sharing this eggless marble cupcakes recipe as much as I have. This is my family favorite and hopes they become yours soon! Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. ?
Check out my friend Sonal Gupta recipe for a different variation on eggless marble cake.
Thanks for reading.?
Eggless Marble Cupcakes
WHITE BATTER - DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 tablespoon Flaxseed meal mixed with 1.5 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoon Water ( to adjust consistency of batter)
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
FOR CHOCOLATE BATTER - MIX 3/4 CUP OF WHITE BATTER WITH BELOW LISTED ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon Milk for chocolate batter
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda in a bowl, and set it aside.
- In a bowl combine water and flax seed together. Mix and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine milk and vinegar together. Whisk and set aside.
- Pour oil into your mixer with one cup of sugar. Mix until they are combined.
- Add flaxseed mixture. Next, add the flour mixture. Alternate adding the flour and the milk+vinegar mixture.
- That would be flour then milk+vinegar mixture, then another round of flour followed by the milk+vinegar mixture. Repeat till all the flour and liquid is used.
- Scrape the sides of your mixing bowl with a spatula to get any of the remaining ingredients that is not mixed into the batter.
- Consistency of the batter should be flowing. Add water to adjust consistency of your batter.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and milk. Stir until combined and free of lumps.
- Now add 3/4 cup of the white batter to this chocolate mix. Mix well.
- Fill batter in two separate cones.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners with approximately 1/4 cup of white batter. Pour chocolate batter on top of the white batter until it is evenly distributed between all cupcake liners.
- Using a butter knife or a toothpick, swirl the chocolate into the white batter a few times.
- Bake @350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Depending on your oven, it may take longer or less time to bake these cupcakes. Start checking at 18 minutes until your inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow these cupcakes to cool for 7-8 minutes in the pans, and then remove onto a wire rack.
- Cut and enjoy the beautiful swirls.
- These cupcakes are so yummy and delicious as is but if you would like to dress them with a frosting then follow the recipe below.
BUTTERCREAM NUTELLA FROSTING
- While the cupcakes are cooling, let's start with the frosting. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk constantly, until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Whip until stiff peaks form and the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Fill a piping bag with this frosting.
- Begin frosting the cupcakes.
- Top with your favorite sprinkles and enjoy!
Cupcakes get stuck to the liners! Follow this simple trick -
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.5mg