Chocolate and Vanilla when paired together creates the most amazing combination of flavors. These Eggless Marble Cupcakes topped with homemade nutella buttercream frosting is a true indulgence. Perfectly sweet, tender and super moist in every bite. ♥ ♥
Calling all chocolate and Vanilla lovers! Do you love chocolate and vanilla in your cupcakes then why settle for one flavor? In this made-from-scratch cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla are swirled together in a simple one-batter to create the most light and fluffy eggless marble cupcakes. So soft that they’ll just melt in your mouth!
By now, you can tell that I love making cupcakes. It’s an easier way to keep a tab on your portion control. 😉 All the cupcake recipes on the blog are homemade, egg-free and delicious.
But today, I am preparing these cuties for Mother’s day which is just around the corner. I have some yummy sweets lined up for this special day and the first sweet among my list is eggless chocolate-vanilla marble cupcakes.
Now on to the recipe!
To avoid the confusion I have arranged the ingredient list in a simple manner. The first and second part makes a white batter. For chocolate batter I have listed the additional ingredients separately. You will love these cupcakes because –
- No fancy equipment or ingredients required
- Easy to make
- Egg – free
- Has a wonderful texture and
- You get to taste the best of both the worlds – Vanilla followed by chocolate in every bite.
So what makes these cupcakes so light and airy?
The secret ingredient is Flaxseed meal. Flaxseeds are loaded with good stuff. It’s a –
- Rich source of omega 3 essential fatty acids and fiber
- Rich in phosphorus and magnesium
- High in anti-oxidants
- Aids digestion
- And an excellent substitute to eggs. ♥ ♥
Regarding the marbling part – it’s not that difficult.
You don’t have to swirl the batter in a fancy pattern. Simply do either one of these tricks-
- Pour one spoon of white batter at the base followed by a spoon of chocolate batter. Keep repeating till the cupcake liners are 2/3 filled.
- Do half and half – half of white batter on one side and half of chocolate batter on the other – shown below.
- Or simply layer the batter in the liners spoon by spoon and then use a toothpick or knife to make a round swirl or a star on top.
Whatever method you choose, this recipe bakes into a deliciously soft, tender cupcakes. The flavor is so good that you can hardly taste the flax seed meal in your cupcakes. In fact, flaxseed meal adds a nutritional punch to these cupcakes.
Now, let’s talk frosting !
These cupcakes are so yummy and delicious as is that it really doesn’t need any frosting to dress them up. But if would like to add a zing to these cuties, then top them with homemade nutella buttercream frosting – recipe given.
I hope you enjoy making and sharing this eggless marble cupcakes recipe as much as I have. This is my family favorite and hope they become yours soon! If you happen to make this recipe, then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
Check out my friend Sonal Gupta recipe for a different variation on eggless marble cake.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Eggless Marble Cupcakes
- 1.5 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Flaxseed meal mixed with 1.5 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2-3 tablespoon Water ( to adjust consistency of batter)
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
FOR CHOCOLATE BATTER - MIX 3/4 CUP OF WHITE BATTER WITH BELOW LISTED ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon Milk for chocolate batter
NUTELLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- A pinch of Salt
- 2-3 tablespoon Homemade Whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Start by mixing together the flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda in a bowl, and then set it aside.
- In a bowl combine water and flax seed together.
- Mix and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine milk and vinegar together.
- Whisk and set aside.
- Pour oil into your mixer with one cup of sugar. Mix until they are combined.
- Next, add the flour mixture. Alternate adding the flour and the milk+vinegar mixture.
- That would be flour then milk+vinegar mixture, then another round of flour followed by milk+vinegar mixture. Repeat till all the flour and liquid is used.
- Scrape the sides of your mixing bowl with a spatula to get any of the remaining ingredients that is not mixed into the batter.
- Consistency of the batter should be flowing. Add water to adjust consistency of your batter.
- Assemble milk and cocoa powder.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and milk. Stir until combined and free of lumps.
- Now add 3/4 cup of the white batter to this chocolate mix. Mix well.
- Fill batter in two separate cones.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners with approximately 1/4 cup of white batter. Pour chocolate batter on top of the white batter until it is evenly distributed between all cupcake liners.
- Using a butter knife or a toothpick, swirl the chocolate into the white batter a few times.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Depending on your oven, it may take longer or less time to bake these cupcakes. Start checking at 18 minutes until your inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow these cupcakes to cool for 7-8 minutes in the pans, and then remove onto a wire rack.
- Cut and enjoy the beautiful swirls.
- These cupcakes are so yummy and delicious as is but if you would like to dress them with a frosting then follow the recipe below.
BUTTERCREAM NUTELLA FROSTING
- While the cupcakes are cooling, let's start with the frosting. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk constantly, until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Whip until stiff peaks form and the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Fill a piping bag with this frosting.
- Begin frosting the cupcakes.
- Top with your favorite sprinkles.
- And enjoy!!