Ready for summer? Then these light and airy Eggless Key Lime Cupcakes are a perfect treat for summer parties. A super refreshing cupcake infused with fresh citrus flavor offers an explosion of flavor in every bite!
Finally, I can say Hellooo Summer! Summer has officially arrived here, and we will finally see some bright sunny days, yay!! Eggless Key Lime Cupcakes
It’s the beautiful time of the year where many beautiful things happen such as outings with your friends, picnics or a family reunion. There are endless amounts of scenarios.
Along with these events, summer is the time in which many new delicious citrus-y recipes pop up. One such versatile recipe that ﬁts perfectly into this scenario is eggless key lime cupcakes.
These small little cupcakes are perfect for any occasion, whether it be a pool party to a massive BBQ. In any situation, they will always be a delicious highlight.
THESE CUPCAKES SCREAM SUMMER!
They are the perfect blend of multiple tastes, such as a sweet and citrus base with a very delicious citrus lime frosting.
This combination will undoubtedly blow everyone away. Amazingly delicious and bursting with zesty lime flavor.
The best part is that these cupcakes takes only 30 minutes to make and is also the haven for any vegetarian or nut free dieter. It is one of the easiest dessert recipes that you can make. I made these cupcakes for my son’s play date, and they didn’t last long.
The soft and tender base has a very likable taste, and the frosting is the icing on the top.
How to make Eggless Key Lime Cupcakes?
If you have been following me for a while, then you know that my love for eggless cupcakes runs deep. I love experimenting with different combinations to create egg-free cupcakes.
This time I have used a few simple ingredients such as curd, milk, and lime ﬂavor to create these moist eggless Key Lime cupcakes.
To make these cupcakes, combine dry and wet ingredients until it forms a smooth batter. Line the cupcake tray with liners. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
Bake in a preheated oven (@325 degrees F) for 18-20 minutes.
WHAT ARE KEY LIMES?
Key limes are aromatic and have a slightly herbal-floral aroma. They are more acidic and add a refreshing citrus flavor to these cupcakes.
Don’t be disheartened if you can’t find Key lime in your grocery store.
Other tested and tried citrus options are –
- grapefruit, and
- regular lime.
KEY LIME FROSTING!
Additionally, the frosting on top can be created with a variety of diﬀerent ingredients, such as whipped cream, buttercream, or cream cheese.
Either way, it turns out to be delicious.
I prefer the light whipped cream method, which allows for a light but a delectable layer of frosting.
YOU WILL LOVE THESE CUPCAKES AS THEY ARE –
- Easy to make
- Incredibly moist and fluffy
- Deliciously yum and
- Perfect for beginners!
All in all, this recipe is one of my favorites for summertime. Almost, anyone can have this cupcake, and everyone of all ages will love the ﬂavor it has.
Best of all, it ﬁts in with almost every scenario. So why don’t you give it a try?
I hope you give this recipe a try. Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. ?
Eggless Key Lime Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tablespoon Fresh Lemon zest
KEY LIME FROSTING
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar or Confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoon Fresh Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated Lemon peel
- Preheat oven @325 degree F. Combine oil and sugar in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile, sieve all dry ingredients through a strainer. Add this to the sugar-oil mix. Add rest of the ingredients - curd, milk, lemon zest, lemon extract and lemon juice.
- Mix until well combined.
- Line the cupcake tray with liners. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. Avoid overfilling the liner or the cupcakes will overflow from the liners.
- Bake in a preheated oven (@325 degrees F) for 18-20 minutes.
- Beautifully baked tall domed-shaped cupcakes
- Allow it to cool for a couple of minutes and then remove the cupcakes from the cavity.
- Soft and airy cupcakes
- Are ready to be devoured.
- If you like them frosted then pipe these beautiful cupcakes with key-lime frosting.
- And enjoy!
- pureed tofu or
- coconut cream