An amazingly delicious moist cake prepared with 7 ingredients and cooked for 7 minutes in a microwave. Oh so chocolate-y and super yummy!!
Craving for something chocolate-y tonight and have very limited time on hand then give this amazingly delicious 7-minute Eggless Chocolate cake recipe a try. This cake is so moist and chocolate-y that I bet no one can keep their hands off it.
What else can I wish for tonight?
This Cake is –
- Prepared with minimum fuss
- Uses just 7 ingredients
- Cooks in 7 minutes
- Is eggless and
- a great cake to enjoy when you need a sweet tooth craving.
One of my dearest friends visited me late in the night just to satisfy her sweet tooth. She is the biggest chocolate lover and can eat chocolate all day long. Whenever she visits a restaurant, she orders a biggest chocolate piece and satisfies her chocolate cravings. 😉
This cake got rave reviews from her and she demanded a recipe. So here is easy to follow step by step recipe to a super moist and a wonderfully dense chocolate cake.
How to make a 7-minute eggless cake in the microwave?
This cake is prepared using self-rising flour, no self-rising flour on hand, try making at home. Combine everything in a bowl. Fill the bowl halfway with the batter, keep room for it to rise.
Also tap the bowl on the counter before baking, as doing so will release the air trapped inside.
This cake cooks in a very different way. First, the sides will rise making a crater/well in the center and then the center will rise.
Please do not open the microwave during the baking process. The cake will finish up beautifully – be very careful to not overcook this cake!
Allow the cake to rest in the bowl for at least 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate. To speed up the process place a wet towel underneath the warm bowl and once the bowl is comfortable to touch flip it over.
Enjoy the cake as is or proceed to prepare the glaze. The possibilities are endless with glaze and garnishes!
This cake has the right amount of sweetness – it’s not too sweet, even with the white chocolate glaze. It tastes incredibly better the next day and after (only if it stays that long 😉 ).
Be sure to give this delicious and oh-so-moist 7-minute eggless chocolate cake a try. Cut a wedge sit back and enjoy – what a better way to indulge yourself !!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Also, try other eggless cakes –
Looking for eggless cookies –
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
7 minute Eggless Chocolate Cake
- 1.5 cup Self rising flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Oil
- 1.5 cup Vegan Milk or Regular Milk
- 1 cup Sugar + 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
GLAZE PREPARATION - OPTIONAL
- 1 cup White Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- Assemble all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients one by one.
- Sift through a strainer.
- If any lumps are left behind, rub them using a spatula.
- Set it aside.
- Onto our wet ingredients.
- 1 cup of oil.
- In the same bowl (dry ingredients) add sugar...
- Pour in milk..
- And Oil.
- Whisk for 2 minutes till everything is well blended.
- The batter should be of a thick dropping consistency.
- Grease a round microwavable bowl. Mine is a 7 cup round Pyrex bowl.
- Pour the batter in this bowl.
- Make sure the batter is half filled as there should be room left for the cake to rise. Pick up the bowl and gently tap it on the counter to release all the trapped bubbles.
- Time to cook the cake. Place your bowl in the center of the microwave.
- Set the timer to 7 minutes on HIGH (100%) power. Energy outputs per microwave oven vary wildly. So set for 6 minutes first
- This cake will be cooked in a very different way. First, the sides will rise to form a crater/well in the center and then the center will rise. The cake will be cooked beautifully but as the timer is up it will settle down a little bit. No worries its all good. 🙂
- Since the bowl is deep I have inserted a skewer in the cake to check for doneness.
- It came out all clean.
- Cooked cake will look like this- all airy. Allow it to sit till the bowl is comfortable to touch.
- Place a plate underneath the cake bowl..
- And flip it over.
- Enjoy the cake as is..
- Or finish it off with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Garnish with strawberries or raspberries.
- A perfect cake with or without the glaze.
- This is the baked version of this cake in an conventional oven.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- Ready to prepare the glaze. Assemble the ingredients.
- Add both the ingredients to a microwavable measuring jar.
- Cook it in a microwave for 1:45 minutes till it is all thick and gooey stirring after every 30 seconds.
- The glaze will be of a thick dropping consistency.
- Generously drizzle the glaze all over the cake. Some of it may run down. Keep a cake knife on hand and keep spreading while you drizzle so that everything remains on top.
- The possibilities are endless with glaze and garnishes!
- A wonderful, easy and an impressive cake!
- What a better way to indulge yourself, cut a wedge, sit back and enjoy!!
- Please do not open the microwave during the baking process. Let the cake bake in it's desired time.
- The cake will finish up beautifully – be very careful to not overcook this cake!