Why settle for a store-bought when you can make your own Zesty Black Eyed Pea and Corn Salsa Recipe at home? A make ahead crunchy, spicy and tangy salsa that is loaded with fiber packed ingredients. Gluten free and can be vegan too!
Are you running out of appetizer ideas for your next party, potluck or picnic? Don’t worry, we have got you covered. Zesty black eyed pea and corn salsa recipe is a quick and easy recipe that has lately been my favorite go-to potluck recipe. It takes under 20 minutes to prepare and is super yum!
It’s a protein rich appetizer that is packed with essential nutrients and bold flavors like crunchy corn, red bell peppers, avocado and a zesty dressing. Very satisfying, healthy and perfect as a salad, appetizer or salsa. Same recipe can be improvised to create a hearty meal.
- Toss chopped spinach and boiled quinoa to a bowl. Mix in salsa and enjoy as a salad.
- Other healthy options would be mix in brown rice and grilled veggies to the salsa and create a casserole.
- My favorite – top iceberg lettuce leaves with zesty black eyed pea and corn salsa recipe and serve as lettuce rolls. Believe me you will be hooked.
- It makes great leftovers for next day.
This is one of those recipes that come in really handy when you are on a time crunch. Toss beans and veggies together, pour in the homemade dressing and mix. For vegan option – substitute honey with brown sugar.
Place freshly made salsa in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. For best flavor, allow the veggies and beans to marinate in dressing for a while. Bring out your favorite bag of chips or salted crackers and enjoy all day long!
For a quick fix use frozen boiled black-eyed peas instead of freshly boiled peas. Same way fresh off the cob corn kernels would be a good substitute to canned or frozen corn. A great make ahead recipe, very comforting and addicting! So, what are we waiting for, let’s begin with our recipe.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Zesty Black Eyed Pea and Corn Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups Boiled black eyed peas (lobia)
- 1.5 cups Frozen or canned corn kernels (drained)
- 2 small Diced tomatoes
- 1 small Chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 medium Avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon Honey or Brown sugar for vegan option
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Salt or freshly crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds , crushed
- 1 teaspoon Crushed chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Assemble all the salsa ingredients.
- Combine them in a large bowl and mix. Set it aside.
- Assemble dressing ingredients.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Pour dressing over mixed salsa and toss to coat evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bring out your favorite gluten free chips/tortillas and enjoy. A perfect barbecue, picnic or potluck recipe!