Layered bean dip is a must have at my dinner parties. An easy and delicious crowd pleaser recipe that gets done in 20 minutes. Signature dish of one of my close friend, she always make this bean dip and believe me her’s is the best.Thank you dear friend for sharing your versatile bean dip recipe. Layer of mashed bean and sour cream, topped with chocked full of veggies, and finished off with low fat shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese- is everyone’s favorite and always a well-loved dip.
Made few modification – had no mashed beans on hand. Prepared fresh mashed beans by boiling and grinding kidney beans.
Layer 1 – Mashed kidney beans mixed with sour cream was the base layer to begin with and spread it onto a flat plate.
Layer 2- Freshly chopped red bell pepper for layer two – you can use any colored bell peppers.
Layer 3 – Added green lettuce.
Layer 4- Black olives for layer four and that brought in some color. You can substitute this with pulp free chopped tomatoes.
Layer 5- Generously sprinkle lots of shredded cheese for layer 5.
Layer 6- Finally topped it off with chopped green onions and that finishes off this bean dip. All the contrasting flavors from the veggies compliment each other so well that it makes this dip a SHOWSTOPPER 😉
Bring it out to the table, grab a bag of Nachos/chips and SEE THIS DIP DISAPPEAR! Kid’s thoroughly enjoy this dip and got rave reviews from them.
Never had any leftovers of this dip- a great party hit. Can’t say enough good things about this dip, it’s so addictive! Devour yourself and taste for yourself..do give it a try. THANK YOU DEAR FRIEND – for sharing such and an easy bean dip recipe..compliments that I garner- all belongs to you! 🙂
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Layered Bean Dip
FOR MASHED BEANS
- 2 cups Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
- 1 medium Chopped Onions
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoon Shredded cheese- yellow and White (Mozzarella and Cheddar)
- 1.2 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 3 tablespoon Red Bell pepper (Optional)
- 2 tablespoon Sliced Black Olives (Optional)
- 3 tablespoon Chopped Spring Onons
- 1 Bag Nachos/Chips
- Wash and soak Kidney beans/Rajma. After that pressure cook them till they are soft. Drain all the water and toss them in mixer/food processor along with onion and salt and grind till it becomes a paste.
- It will look like a thick paste. If using canned beans skip the above part.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Since I have used green leafy lettuce in this dip but the ideal one is the store bought fine cut shredded lettuce.
- Take a big bowl and add mashed beans , sour cream and some salt. Whisk it well till the color changes to light pink.
- Spread out the dip on a serving tray and start layering it...
- Add chopped bell peppers....
- Add chopped Lettuce leaves....
- Add sliced black olives..you can use green olives if you like...
- Generously sprinkle yellow and white cheese....
- Finally top it with green onions...
- Bring it out to the table........ time to dig in friends, surround it with tortilla chips and watch it disappear!