These Super moist eggless Chocolate Cupcakes are simply to die for! So Chocolate-y, delicious and super moist. Buttercream frosting on top adds a lovely flavor and complements the chocolate really well. A no-fail, dairy-free and butter-free recipe!!
Halloween is just around the corner and its the season for tricks, treats and spooky desserts! Perfect time to indulge in sinful desserts and for this occasion, I have a perfect recipe to share – super moist eggless chocolate cupcakes. No fancy ingredients, simple eggless chocolate cupcakes topped with homemade buttercream frosting and finished with ‘ghost’ toppers and few sprinkles. Oh yum…. these cupcakes have Halloween written all over it.
My little one just LOVES Halloween and this occasion is kind of big deal around my house. For him it’s the spookiest time of the year! He chooses the most creepiest mask/costume for himself and dresses up as scary characters.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I don’t like Halloween. It’s the creepy things like zombies, bones and skull props, and skeletons that totally freak me out. Thankfully this year, he chose a much decent costume – a Ninja warrior.. (compared to zombie costume/dress last year) whew!! Looking forward to all his warrior moves.
Every year, our neighborhood welcome treaters with treats and yummy snacks. This year, I plan to make chocolate cupcakes for our little treaters as it goes pretty well with the Halloween theme. Ghostly topping, Halloween sprinkles and chocolate cupcakes – no one can resist these!!
While testing this recipe in my kitchen, my attempt was to make the most creepiest and scariest cupcakes but they don’t look spooky at all. In fact, they look super “cute”. It looks as if the poor ghost is trying to save his beloved candy but is stuck in a pool of frosting. 😯 I guess, my little treaters are surely in for a treat this year. ♥︎ ♥︎
RECIPE DETAIL – Simple and straightforward recipe that uses no eggs and no butter. Making cupcakes at home is the best part, it’s made with love and you get to choose all your ingredients. Follow a step by step pictorial guide to make the best, super moist and yummiest cupcakes.
If you want you can skip the frosting and enjoy the cupcakes as is. Either way they taste great. Overall, a fun Halloween dessert perfect for potluck dinners and parties. In fact, you can make these super moist eggless chocolate cupcakes for any occasion, skip the ghost face and add sprinkles of your choice.
This Halloween welcome your friends to a sweet treat. Make a huge batch and watch these cute ghost cupcakes disappear!!
RECIPE CREDIT- Taste and Tell.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Eggless Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes
- 1.5 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Superfine Sugar or Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/4 cup Water
- 1.5 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chocolate Extract
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING ( IS NOT VEGAN)
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar or Confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Assemble the dry ingredients.
- And wet ingredients.
- In a bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until well combined.
- In the same bowl, stir in the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add water and combine the mixture until well blended, smooth and lump -free.
- Batter should be of dropping consistency - batter falls of the spoon when the spoon is held upside down.
- Bring out your favorite Halloween cupcake liners.
- Line a muffin tray.
- Divide the mixture equally between 12 muffin cupcakes.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. For me baking time was 14 minutes.
- If the toothpick comes out sticky - bake again for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tray and leave the cupcakes to cool.
- Super soft and moist eggless cupcakes....
- Ready for frosting.
- In a stand mixer, cream the softened butter.
- Gradually, add powdered sugar and rest of the ingredients.
- Beat the mixture until you have a thick, fluffy buttercream.
- This Halloween welcome your friends to a sweet treat. Make a huge batch and watch these cute ghost cupcakes disappear!!