These super moist Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes are simply to die for! So Chocolate-y, delicious and super moist. Buttercream frosting on top adds a lovely flavor and complements the chocolate really well. A no-fail, dairy-free, and butter-free recipe!!
Halloween is just around the corner and its the season for tricks, treats and spooky desserts!
Perfect time to indulge in sinful desserts, and for this occasion, I have a perfect recipe to share – super moist eggless chocolate cupcakes.
No fancy ingredients, simple eggless chocolate cupcakes topped with homemade buttercream frosting, and finished with ‘ghost’ toppers and few sprinkles. Oh yum…. these cupcakes have Halloween written all over it.
My kids love Halloween, and this occasion is a big deal around my house. For them, it’s the most entertaining time of the year! In addition to trick or treat, they get to inhabit a character, they love the most.
Every year, our neighborhood welcomes treaters with treats and yummy snacks. This year, I want to take a break from my Mexican corn soup and treat my little treaters with these Super Moist Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes as they go pretty well with the Halloween theme.
Ghostly topping, Halloween sprinkles, and chocolate cupcakes – I guess no one can resist these.😋😋
While testing this recipe in my kitchen, I attempted to make the most creepiest and scariest cupcakes, but they don’t look spooky at all.
I think they look super ‘cute.’ To me, it looks like: a poor ghost is trying to save his beloved candy but is stuck in a pool of frosting.😉
So, I guess my little treaters are surely in for a treat this year. ♥︎ ♥︎
I am you are going to love these cupcakes because they are:
- super easy to make
- moist with a tender crumb
- rich and
- so chocolatey!
Ingredients required to make Super Moist Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes!
- All purpose flour:
- Baking soda: is a chemical leavening agent. When combined with an acid (vinegar) and water, it creates bubbles of carbon dioxide, and that gives these cupcakes a fluffy texture.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: deepens the chocolate flavor in these cupcakes
- Salt: it enhances the sweet taste in baked goods.
- Brown sugar: this cupcake batter uses brown sugar, but granulated sugar will work just fine.
- Oil: Use canola oil or any unflavored oil.
- Water: adds moisture to the cupcakes.
- Vinegar: helps the cupcakes to have a light and tender crumb.
- Chocolate Extract
- To make buttercream frosting: Powdered Sugar, Unsalted Butter (vegan), Vanilla essence, Vegan milk
How to make Super Moist Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes?
This is a simple and straightforward recipe that uses no eggs and no butter.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
2. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
3. Slowly add water and combine the mixture until well blended, smooth, and lump-free. Be careful not to over mix. Beat until all of the ingredients are combined and no visible flour remains. Over mixing can result into dense cupcakes.
4. The batter should be of dropping consistency, meaning the batter falls off the spoon when the spoon is held upside down.
5. Bring out your favorite Halloween cupcake liners. Line a muffin tray.
6. Divide the mixture equally between 12 muffin cupcakes. Fill the liners about 2/3 of the way up.
7. Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. For me, the baking time was 14 minutes.
8. If the toothpick comes out sticky – bake again for 5 minutes. Remove from tray and allow the cupcakes to cool.
How to make the buttercream frosting?
You could just about any frosting to top these super moist eggless chocolate cupcakes. But I choose to make my buttercream frosting.
1. To make the frosting, cream the softened butter until light in color.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla essence to the butter. Beat on high until mixed together.
3. Beat the mixture until you have a thick, fluffy buttercream.
4. Frost the cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Add the sprinkle of your choice and serve.
Can I refrigerate these Super moist eggless Chocolate cupcakes?
You sure can! Eggless chocolate cupcakes will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Once the cupcakes have cooled, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Can I freeze these chocolate cupcakes?
Absolutely! Wrap the cooled cupcakes individually in a plastic wrap and then in a foil. Transfer the wrapped cupcakes to a freezer-friendly bag, and store. This way, they will stay good for 2 months.
When ready to serve, thaw the cupcakes at room temperature. Frost and serve.
This Halloween, welcome your friends to a sweet treat. Make a huge batch and watch these cute ghost cupcakes disappear!!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
Craving for more, try these eggless cupcakes:
Are we friend’s yet?
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on –
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Super Moist Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1½ cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of Salt
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING ( IS NOT VEGAN)
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter (vegan)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Assemble the dry ingredients.
- And wet ingredients.
- In a bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until well combined.
- In the same bowl, stir in the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add water and combine the mixture until well blended, smooth and lump -free.
- Batter should be of dropping consistency – batter falls of the spoon when the spoon is held upside down.
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Divide the mixture equally between 12 muffin cupcakes.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. For me baking time was 14 minutes. If the toothpick comes out sticky – bake again for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tray and leave the cupcakes to cool.
- Super soft and moist eggless cupcakes are ready for frosting.
- In a stand mixer, cream the softened butter.
- Gradually, add powdered sugar and rest of the ingredients.
- Beat the mixture until you have a thick, fluffy buttercream.
- This Halloween welcome your friends to a sweet treat. Make a huge batch and watch these cute ghost cupcakes disappear!!