These are soft, these are fresh, these are moist……and these are incredibly delicious! These are the Eggless Orange Cupcakes, just out of the oven! Light and tender, with the melt-in-your-mouth kind of texture, these little cups of blissfulness are deceptively easy to bake.
Made from scratch, this cupcake recipe is an excellent indulgence for all orange flavor lovers!
If you are looking for a cupcake recipe that will brighten up your day, then this super easy recipe of Eggless Orange muffins is the one.
With the perfect moistness, fluffiness, and the exciting flavor and zing that a citrusy fruit can only render, these little cuties will fascinate you with every bite.
Made with flour, sugar, butter, and orange flavoring coming from orange juice and zest, this recipe is undoubtedly a must-try this season.
This recipe of Eggless Orange Cupcakes packs tons of fresh orange flavors in each cupcake and is perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings.
Topped with the creamiest and silkiest whipped cream frostings, these cupcakes are the best companions for picnics, play dates or birthday parties.
But, you can go creative with the frostings and top these little beauties with any toppings of your choice.
Reasons You’ll ♡ Eggless Orange Cupcakes
Who can resist these cute little treats? This eggless orange cupcake recipe is so irresistible and, of course, so easy to fall in love with! You will surely fall for these yummy little sweethearts because —
- Super easy to bake.
- Straightforward and adaptive recipe.
- Infused with the flavor of oranges.
- Topped with silky smooth whipped cream that is oh-so-yummy.
- Eggless and completely vegetarian.
- No artificial flavors or preservatives are used.
- Better than the boxed cupcake mixes.
The best part, it’s a versatile recipe, too, as it can be repeated by substituting oranges with blueberries or even strawberries for a new flavor.
Eggless Orange Cupcakes Ingredient list
Made with regular pantry ingredients, this recipe is so easy that even a first-timer will be delighted to follow along and come out in flying colors!
This magical orange cupcake recipe needs just a few essential pantry ingredients. Here’s is all you would be requiring —
All-purpose Flour — This is the base ingredient for the recipe that provides structure to the cupcakes. Measuring the flour and the other ingredients properly is the key to the best cupcakes.
Cornstarch — Lends more tenderness to the cake and makes the cake lighter with a softer crumb to enjoy.
Baking Powder — The leavening agent that aerates the batter and helps it to expand (rise) during baking. It is also responsible for rendering the cupcakes the feather-like texture that they are loved for.
Baking Soda — Also added as a leavening agent that helps in aerating the batter for better rising.
Salt — Just a pinch to neutralize the sweetness and deepen the flavors.
Sugar — Makes our cupcakes the perfect sweet treats with loads of flavor and sweetness!
Butter, Softened & Unsalted — Added to bring softness and creaminess to the cupcakes. Always use unsalted softened butter for best results. Soft butter also incorporates well into sugar.
Orange Extract — This lends the perfect citrusy orange flavor to our cupcakes.
Fresh Orange Zest — Adds more fresh and citrusy flavors to the cupcakes.
Orange Juice — Adds the intense and more pronounced flavor of oranges to cupcakes.
Milk — Improves the texture of the orange cupcakes as it lends the most needed moisture and tenderness.
Vinegar — It reacts with the baking soda in the cake batter and enhances the process of rising. The cake expands better in the presence of vinegar.
How to Make the Best Eggless Orange Cupcakes
Prep-up — Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
Combine dry ingredients — In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift the ingredients well. Set aside.
Protip — Sifting ingredients is essential — Sifting ensures the mixture is lump-free. It also helps incorporate air into the flour, which is very important for the batter to rise.
Combine wet ingredients — In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the butter, and whisk until the butter resembles a pale yellow paste. Add sugar and mix butter and sugar together until well blended, fluffy, and light.
Now mix in the milk, orange juice, orange zest, extract, and vinegar.
Combine wet and dry ingredients — It’s time to add dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated. Keep scraping the sides of the bowl as you mix.
Assemble cupcakes — Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the eggless orange muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each so that it’s about 2/3 full.
Protip — Avoid overfilling the cupcake liner — Do not overfill the cupcake liner with the batter. Just fill each of them 2/3 rd to avoid overflowing while baking.
Bake — Bake the eggless orange cupcakes for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the orange cupcakes in the muffin tray, then transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Frost — Combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cream of tartar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Prepare a piping bag and fill it with the whipped cream frosting and frost the delicious Eggless orange cupcakes. Enjoy!
Expert Tips & Variations!
Right measurement is the key — When preparing the batter for these little goblets of happiness, make sure to measure the ingredients correctly. Incorrect measurement may lead to disappointing results. Do not add too much flour to the cupcake batter, as it will leave your cake dry and crumbly. I want your cupcakes to turn precisely the way mine turned out – therefore, read the recipe from start to finish before you start.
Ingredients — Use fresh ingredients for your cupcakes, as ingredients beyond their shelf-life will not give the desired results. For example, if your cupcakes don’t rise, the culprit is probably your stale baking powder and baking soda.
Ingredients at room temperature — Ensure that the ingredients are at room temperature when being mixed into the cake batter. Similar temperature makes them blend appropriately with each other. It is best to set out the butter and milk 30 minutes before mixing the ingredients.
Prevent over-mixing — Mix the batter until just well-blended as over-mixing leads to over-aerating, making the cake’s texture dense and chewy. Mix the dry ingredients until they are just well combined, as this helps to retain the trapped air needed for expanding.
For a distinct orange flavor — If you want the orange flavor and taste to shine through, use a good-quality natural orange extract.
Patience yields excellent results — Do not open the oven door while the cupcakes are baking, as they need a consistent supply of heat that helps them rise. Opening the door intermittently will let the heat escape, resulting in sunken cupcakes.
Toothpick test for doneness — The toothpick test is best for checking if the cakes are well baked or not. To test your little cuties, just stick a toothpick in the center of one of them. It is ready if it comes out clean with a few crumbs attached. If not, your Eggless orange cupcakes still need a few extra minutes in the oven.
Frosting cupcakes — Cooling the cupcakes entirely is imperative before frosting. If the frosting is applied to warm cupcakes, it will melt away. So, ensure the cupcakes have cooled before you frost them.
Easy preparing frosting — While your cupcakes are baking, you can prepare the frosting to save time and make the process efficient.
Butter vs. Oil — Using butter or oil for this cake recipe purely depends on one’s preference. I LOVE the buttery taste of my cakes/ cupcakes; therefore, I use butter. But you can feel free to substitute oil for butter. The best part of using oil in place of butter is that oil-based cupcakes stay softer even when stored in the refrigerator.
Creative frostings — Frosting has endless variations. You can modify your recipe just the way you want by topping your little cupcakes with the flavors of your choice.
Avoid overfilling the cupcake liner — Do not overfill the cupcake liner with the batter. Just fill each of them 2/3 rd to avoid overflowing while baking.
Let me know what you think!
These delicious orange eggless cupcakes, packed with orange flavor, are easy to bake and fun to indulge in! If these beautiful pictures look prompting, why not just pick the ingredients and start with the preparation?
Read through the easy orange Eggless cupcake recipe and keep following the step-by-step instructions carefully, and you will be biting into the heavenly deliciousness of these cupcakes very soon!
Should you make these eggless orange cupcakes with fresh orange juice or any variation of it, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
CRAVING FOR MORE, TRY MY OTHER EGGLESS DELICACIES –
Eggless Orange Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners. Spray the paper liners with cooking spray as this will ensure that your cupcakes won’t stick to the cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Sift the ingredients well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the softened butter, and whisk on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until the butter resembles a pale yellow paste.
- Add sugar.
- Mix butter and sugar together on a moderately high speed until well blended, fluffy, and light.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is thoroughly blended.
- Now mix in the milk.
- Add orange juice, orange zest, extract, and vinegar.
- Once the wet ingredients are well blended, it’s time to add dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture and blend on low until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Keep scraping the sides of the bowl as you mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the eggless orange muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Make sure to fill each liner about 2/3 full. Release the air bubbles from the batter — Tap your cupcake pan a couple of times on the counter before putting it in the oven. This will bring any trapped air bubbles to the surface and ensure the cake’s smooth finish.
- Bake the eggless orange cupcakes for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Resting time for cupcakes — Once they are baked and out of the oven, let them cool for 8- 10 minutes in the pan. Once the resting time has elapsed, remove them from the pan and cool them on a cooling rack.
- You can enjoy these cupcakes as is or take them up a notch by decorating them with a whipped cream frosting.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cream of tartar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Prepare a piping bag, fill it with the whipped cream frosting and frost the delicious eggless orange cupcakes. Divide the topping in half, add orange food color to one half, and pipe using WILTON STAR TIP.