Craving soup tonight? This thick and creamy Veggie Mexican corn soup is a perfect nourishing option for cold winter nights. A hearty, comforting soup that is packed with flavor and amazingly delicious!
Hello friends, Veggie Mexican Corn Soup
How has winter been for you? For us, it’s still going. But no complains. I enjoy every weather, so why not winters. I take full advantage of this weather by curling up in a blanket and enjoying my favorite winter comfort foods.
So, what’s your favorite comfort food?
In winters, I find myself drawn more towards a steaming hot bowl of soup for dinner.
Whether it’s a creamy soup, broth, or stews; anything that is flavorful and homemade is comfort food for me. Pair it with your favorite bread and its a filling meal by itself.
How to make Veggie Mexican Corn Soup?
Veggie Mexican Corn Soup is made up of 3 main elements –
- Base – building block (base) for this soup is cream of corn and tomatoes.
- Protein – a serving of this soup delivers a solid protein punch. For extra protein, feel free to add extra protein in the form of tofu, paneer or meat.
- Flavorings – the secret ingredient salsa adds a great spicy kick and flavor.
This soup is fully customizable. Simply saute onion-garlic, add tomatoes, cream of corn and pulse. Feel free to play with the amounts of garlic, chilies, and cumin based on your taste buds.
In 30 minutes, a robust and flavorful soup is ready to be sipped on.
This delicious bowl of soup –
- is loaded with goodness
- comes together in 30 minutes
- requires just 10 basic ingredients
- is vegan
- hearty and
Can be gluten-free too, if you skip the tortilla chips. A great way to add nutrition and fiber to your diet.
Can you freeze this soup?
Yes, of course!
This is a perfect make-ahead soup and just like other soups, this soup freezes beautifully.
So, make a big batch of this soup and freeze in portions. It stays well for 2-3 days in the fridge and for 2 months in the freezer.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Veggie Mexican corn soup
- 1 can Cream of corn
- 2 tablespoon Tomato puree (Or 1 small tomato, chopped)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 small Chopped green chili
- 1.5 teaspoon Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Chunky salsa (add a tablespoon more if you like it spicy)
- 1.5 cups of Vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dried Cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon Chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and sauté for a minute, till it releases all its flavor in the oil. Stir in chopped onions and sauté until soft .
- Once the onions are translucent add green chilies. and tomato puree and mix it well. Cook for another 2 minutes till the oil separates.
- Add tomato puree and mix it well.
- Time for the main ingredient to go in - Cream of corn.
- And all the spices.
- Give it a good stir. The mixture will become thick.
- Add the secret ingredient - salsa.
- Pour in 1.5 cups of vegetable stock and bring it to a boil. Adjust consistency according to taste.
- After a boil- take it off the flame and allow it to cool.
- When cooled, use an immersion blender and blend the corn soup until smooth. Corn is fibrous so you'll need to blend a little longer.
- Return the soup back to the flame and allow it to simmer uncovered for another 5-10 minutes. Add cilantro leaves, vinegar, and mix until blended.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, cilantro leaves and serve hot. NOTE - Soup will change color from red to pale yellow once pulsed.
- This soup never fails to please a crowd. Non-vegans can top this soup with shredded cheese and tortilla strips for extra crunch and flavor.
- bell peppers.