Do you love butterscotch? Then you have to try this super moist and delicious Eggless Butterscotch Cupcakes recipe! These cupcakes are super moist, and has melt-in-your mouth kind of texture.
Hello friends, how’s your weekend going so far? Weekend for me is all about organizing myself for the next week and outdoor activities. In between all this, my kids planned a play date and by the evening I will be playing host to 7 young boys. Eggless Butterscotch Cupcakes
With little time left on hand, I get on my mission to fix something yummy and tasty, making sure that the treats are prepared to everyone’s liking. After brainstorming couple of ideas, I came up with these easy-to-fix cupcakes that would will surely please many taste buds.
I am sure no one will be able to resist these soft & moist cupcakes that are packed with butterscotch flavor. Oh so yummy, and a total delish!
Once you taste these cupcakes you will fall in love with it’s delicate, melt-in-your- mouth-kind-of-texture. These cupcakes are –
✓ Eggless and easy to make
✓ is packed with butterscotch flavor
✓ super soft and moist
✓ and is perfect for parties or potlucks.
Sounds delicious, isn’t it. Not only does it sounds delicious, it tastes amazing too!
Now onto the recipe!
I started off this recipe by preparing sugar syrup. Boiled 1/3 cup sugar with 1 cup of water. It reduces down to 3/4 cup and later added 1/4 cup of additional warm water to the boiled 3/4 cup of sugar syrup and that is what I need for this recipe – 1 cup of warm sugar syrup.
Rest of the recipe is pretty simple. Sift flour with dry ingredients and then mix in the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined. Drop in some flour-coated butterscotch chips/morsels. Coating butterscotch chips will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cupcakes, but some will still sink.
Bake them @350 degree F for 20-25 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on oven temperatures.
If you have no Butterscotch chips/morsels on hand, substitute it with dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. Dry nuts like – almonds, walnuts and pecans would be great option too. Wow! such yummy ingredients, even writing about them is making me drool.
I ended up preparing two batches of these cupcakes and they were all gone in a flash. What a yummy treat for my hungry and sweaty boys gang. They just LOVED IT and devoured it all!
Do give it a try and your kids are going to thank you for these yummy beauties. 😉 .
This recipe is adapted from cindysrecipesandwritings.
I hope you give these Eggless Butterscotch Cupcakes a try and if you happen to make these then share your yummy creations with me @facebook or tag me by using the hashtag #ruchiskitchen (one word) on social media. Would love to hear back from you and would love to see your yummy pictures!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Eggless Butterscotch Cupcakes
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Cake flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup of Sugar syrup (explained earlier)
- 3 tablespoon Butterscotch chips
- Begin by preparing sugar syrup. In a pan mix 1 cup of water + 1/3 cup of sugar and boil for 10-15 minutes. This liquid will reduce down to 3/4 cup.
- Add 1/4 cup of ADDITIONAL WARM water to this sugar syrup and make it 1 cup. Set it aside.
- Assemble dry ingredients..
- Assemble wet ingredients for cupcakes.
- Butterscotch chips..
- Preheat oven @350 degree F. In a large bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- Strain it through a strainer.
- Remove 2 tablespoon of flour...
- Coat butterscotch chips in this flour..
- Strain the excess flour through the strainer and mix it back with the dry ingredients. Set it aside.
- For wet ingredients, add butter to a mixing bowl..
- Add sugar. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour in buttermilk...
- And vanilla essence.
- Mix in dry ingredients...
- Add 1 cup of hot sugar syrup (that we had prepared earlier in the recipe) to the flour. Mix until well blended and smooth.
- Arrange cupcake liners in a tray. Pour batter in cupcake liners.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 - 3/4 of the way full (about 3 tablespoons). Do not overfill them.
- Tap the tray couple of times on the counter to release extra air.
- Drop few butterscotch chips in each cupcake batter.
- All set and ready to bake.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cupcakes after 10 minutes...
- Cupcakes after 20 minutes...
- For me the total time was 24 minutes. Depending on the oven cooking time may vary.
- Check your cupcake for doneness. Insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake.
- If it comes out clean, cupcakes are ready..
- Some of the butterscotch chips will sink to the bottom of the cupcake.
- While some chips will be embedded in the center of the cupcakes.
- Beautifully baked and butterscotch studded -Eggless Butterscotch Cupcakes.
- Moist and fluffy butterscotch cupcakes.
- Enjoy them as is or top them with your favorite frosting.