A quick and straightforward sandwich recipe made with a handful of wholesome ingredients, summer greens, and finished with feta cheese. Oh-so satisfying and incredibly delicious!! Summer Veggie Sandwiches with Pesto
When summer veggies are at their peak, like right now, what do you do? You end up making these guilt-free sandwiches that are – summer veggie sandwiches with pesto
- super easy to make
- full of flavor
- and made with just seven simple ingredients.
Yes, you heard me right. 7-ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time are all you need to make this simple and incredibly yummy summer veggie sandwiches with pesto.
CAN’T SAY NO TO SANDWICHES!
In my house, these sandwiches are a weekly thing. They make a quick and delicious lunch or dinner any day of the week and offers a burst of flavor with every bite!
Every ingredient that goes in this sandwich delivers a fantastic combination of fresh, seasonal veggies that are healthy and packed with nutritional goodness.
NOW ONTO THE RECIPE!
To begin with, slice the veggies lengthwise and saute until tender. Do not overcook them. Cook until the vegetables are just about tender but still have a little crunch left to them. Season to taste and set them aside.
You don’t need a panini maker to make these sandwiches. Just toast your bread slice and begin the assembly. Generously smear a good layer of homemade pesto on both the slices, top with a good portion of sauteed veggies, salad greens, feta cheese, and close. That’s it! Cut in half and enjoy!
As a bonus – these sandwiches can be customized entirely for picky eaters!
- Adjust veggies to your taste. Other vegetables like mushrooms, tomato slices, zucchini can be added for extra flavor.
- Instead of sauteing, feel free to grill the veggies.
- Meat lovers – add a layer of grilled meat and enjoy.
- Swap feta with a slice of mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Substitute multigrain bread with ciabatta or any other sandwich bread.
For a power-packed meal tonight, pair these sandwiches with a hearty bowl of soup. So simple, yet so delicious!
Do give these delicious sandwiches a try and if you happen to make them then share your comments below. Would love to see your creations! If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Green Vegetable Burger
- Sundried Tomato Chickpea Sliders
- Vegan BBQ Tofu Sandwiches
- Spicy Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
Have a great summer and thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Sauteed Summer Veggie Sandwiches with Pesto
- 4 slices of Multigrain Gluten-free bread
- 1/4 cup of Homemade Basil pesto
- 1 medium Bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small Cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup Garden blend salad or salad greens
- 1 tablespoon Feta cheese (optional)
- 5 pieces of Cherry tomatoes (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- - - Salt and Pepper to taste
- Assemble ingredients. Choose veggies of your choice.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, bell peppers and cook until soft. Do not over cook them. Season with salt and pepper and set it aside.
- Meanwhile toast bread until crispy and brown.
- Time to assemble your sandwiches. Generously smear pesto on both slices of bread.
- Top with garden greens....
- Top with sauteed veggies that we had prepared earlier in the recipe.
- Top with cucumber slices.
- Some more salad greens.
- Top with Feta cheese.
- Finally place the other layer on top. That’s all and you are done.
- Cut in half and