Delicious Sun Dried Tomato Chickpea Sliders is my go-to recipe for sliders. These yummy sliders are packed with protein and has tons of flavor. Perfect for game-day!
When it comes to game-day food, I am all about yummy dips, finger-foods, breads, soups and sliders. Sliders top my list as the best game day food. I believe, sliders are a must-have at a game day party. Sun Dried Tomato Chickpea Sliders
What I love about them, is they are perfectly portioned and you can enjoy them without any guilt. Kids love sliders and even adults love them too!
One of my family-favorite game day slider recipe is – Sun Dried Tomato Chickpea Sliders. Spicy chickpea patty, crunchy lettuce, onions, juicy tomatoes, tangy pickles and gooey sauce in a soft bun makes this recipe a big time hit!!
Today’s recipe is made possible by Pepperidge Farm Bakery Classics! These timeless Pepperidge Farm slider buns are
- versatile for any recipe
- comes in widest variety of yummy flavors – white, sesame, potato, sweet & soft, and wheat
- packed with quality and premium ingredients
- contains no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial flavors
- and are always baked the right way with special touches!!
So, whether it’s a game day, family gathering or a regular potluck party, Pepperidge Farm delicious buns will make your events a little more special!
Now onto the recipe!
This is the most yummiest patty you will every make. It’s super easy to make, requires basic ingredients and comes together in a jiffy.
Simply combine all the below mentioned patty ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Shape the mixture like patties and cook until golden brown. Layer each patty in Pepperidge Farm slider buns. Drizzle with homemade sriracha mayo, top with lettuce, onion, tomato, pickles and ultimately the top bun. That’s it, you are done.
These sliders are the MVP of my game day party. A plate full of these will make quite a statement and is a perfect crowd-pleasing recipe!
These sun dried tomato chickpea sliders are super versatile and can be easily customized to your taste!!
- Chickpeas can be substitutes with white beans or kidney beans
- substitute quinoa for breadcrumbs
- sun dried tomatoes can be swapped with roasted red bell peppers
- feel free to add or subtract spices to your liking.
Best part – these patties can be prepared ahead of time and freezes beautifully. Shape the mix like a patty, wrap each patty in-between a wax paper and freeze.
When ready to assemble, thaw the patties overnight in the fridge. Pan-cook on medium heat until crisp and brown. Layer the patties in between your Pepperidge Farm slider buns and enjoy! This recipe can easily be doubled (or tripled) to feed a large group.
These sun dried tomato chickpea sliders are so good, it will leave your guests craving more more!
Still hungry for more recipe ideas, please visit Pepperidge Farm page. You will find some amazing game day recipes as well as a $1 off coupon! Sweet isn’t?
Grab your favorite Pepperidge Farm slider buns from your nearby grocery store and create yummy crowd-pleasing recipes.
If you happen to make these sliders then share your pics with me @facebook or tag me by using the hashtag #ruchiskitchen (one word) on social media. Would love to hear back from you and would love to see your yummy pictures!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Sun Dried Tomato Chickpea Sliders
- 1.5 cup Uncooked chickpeas or 300 grams
- 2 stalks of Green onions
- 1/2 cup Boiled Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Crushed cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon Dried cilantro leaves or use 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce - adjust according to taste
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil to cook the patties
CHICKPEA-SUN DRIED TOMATOES PATTIES
- For homemade boiled chickpeas - Wash and soak chickpea overnight. In the morning, drain that water and wash the chickpeas again. Transfer soaked chickpeas to a pressure cooker and add enough water to cover it. Pressure cook for 6-8 whistles or until chickpeas are tender. Use as directed in the recipe.
- Or you can use store bought chickpea cans too. Drain and wash chickpeas. Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- And spices.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. Grease your hands and shape the mixture into a patty.
- Heat and grease a griddle. Transfer patties onto the heated griddle and cook from both sides until golden and nicely brown.
- Remove and let's assemble the sliders.
TIME TO ASSEMBLE
- For sriracha mayo - add 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce to 1/4 cup of mayo. Like it hot, add more sriracha sauce. Adjust according to taste.
- Mix and set it aside.
- Unwrap Pepperidge Farm slider buns. These bakery-soft buns are good as-is but if you like, you can slightly toast the buns.
- Generously top both sides of buns with sriracha mayo.
- Layer with fresh lettuce leaves and chickpea-sun dried tomato patty. As per taste, you can drizzle each patty with extra sriracha mayo.
- Top with onion, tomato slices and pickles.
- Finish each slider with the top bun.
- Serve hot.
- These sliders makes quite a statement and is a perfect crowd-pleasing recipe for the game day!