If you are craving for a steamy and hearty winter soup than look nowhere else. This classic, slow cooker minestrone soup is loaded with veggies, beans, and pasta and this is exactly what I need on a chilly evening – a soothing and comforting soup. One of the healthiest soups, that I can eat all day long – a complete meal that has the goodness of veggies and beans. A perfect soup for picky eaters. 😉
RECIPE DETAIL – Wash and chop all the veggies. Add veggies to the slow cooker, season and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours (or for 6-8 HOURS on low setting). I have used boiled kidney beans, but if you choose to add raw kidney beans than add them along with the veggies. Everything goes in the slow cooker and after 3-4 hours it comes out in the form of a chunky soup. To keep the pasta in it’s al dente form, add it at the last minute.
Other options for this soup would be –
- Add leafy greens
- Add other beans like navy beans or garbanzo beans
- Feel free to add meat or tofu to make it a full bodied soup
- Add tomato basil pesto sauce and skip tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
Slow cooker Minestrone Soup
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Beans
- 3/4 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 cup Chopped or shredded carrots
- 3 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped Zucchini (optional)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste, or chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 2 pieces of Bay leaves (Tej patta)
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 4.5 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Water (optional)
- 1/2 cup Boiled Kidney beans
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Macaroni Pasta
- Salt to taste
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- In a slow cooker add chopped veggies...
- Add chopped onions...
- Diced tomatoes..
- Add garlic paste or chopped garlic, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt.
- Pour in stock..
- Mix everything.
- Close the lid and set the timer on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Veggies all cooked and tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Measure kidney beans and pasta.
- Stir in kidney beans and mix and cook on HIGH for another 30 minutes to 1 Hour.
- Unplug the slow cooker, add Marconi pasta to the soup...
- Cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Pasta is all cooked and tender. Add water to adjust soup consistency. Adjust seasonings and serve hot. Do not let pasta sit in the soup for long. It will become gummy and sticky.
- Enjoy this filling soup with crispy slices of focaccia bread !!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.