Pillow-soft, chewy and delicious homemade Easy Garlic Knots Recipe is an excellent accompaniment to any soup. Make them tonight, and they will be gone in a flash!!
Nothing beats the aroma of a freshly baked bread that comes right off the oven. It’s heavenly. Plus it tastes amazing, and the smell is so captivating. Trust me; no one can resist it.
Our all-time favorite winter meal is a bowl of warm, comforting soup paired along with freshly baked bread – hearty, filling and packed with flavor.
And today’s recipe is all about comfort food. Homemade garlic knots with a bowl of warm soup. Delicious and yum!!
What makes up this Easy Garlic Knots Recipe?
No fancy ingredients are required — just the basics like – all-purpose flour, yeast, baking powder, olive oil, and milk. If you have these essential ingredients in your pantry/fridge, you should be able to make these easy garlic rolls tonight.
Work on the dough. Simply mix, knead, rest, and bake!
These garlic knots bake beautifully and are perfectly soft and fluffy, with a crisp golden crust on top.
Now onto the recipe!
These garlic knots are made from scratch but, they can be made with frozen pizza dough, frozen dinner rolls or even buttermilk biscuits.
Preparation is super easy. Begin by proofing the yeast. Once the yeast activates (frothy and bubbly), go ahead with the recipe. If the yeast fails to do so, please discard and start over.
After the yeast activates, combine flour, salt, oil, and yeast, and then add milk/water. Mix it and form a soft, pliable dough. Cover and let it rest for 1-2 hours.
After the rise, the next step is to work on the dough. Dust the counter with flour, punch down the dough.
Why punch down the dough?
Punching down collapses the dough and releases all the gas bubbles formed by the yeast during the rest period. This reinvigorates the yeast cells, and bread baked after deflating the risen dough produces a more tender and more delicate crumb.
Punching down technically enhances the flavor of the finished bread.
After punching the dough, you can knead and shape the dough into desired shapes.
Shape the dough like knots and brush the knots with garlic butter (recipe is given below). Sprinkle some dried parsley and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the top is light brown.
Remove from oven, give it a fresh coat of butter and your very own garlic knots are ready!
Soft, buttery garlic knots tastes great when fresh out of the oven!
WHAT TO SERVE With THIS HOMEMADE Easy Garlic Knots?
You can use these garlic knots for lunch or dinner. Pair it with your favorite pasta or dip it in your favorite soup and enjoy.
Here are some tested and tried suggestions that you can pair these knots with-
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Instant Pot Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Quinoa Stew
- Baked ziti with summer vegetable
So, whether you are hosting a party or a game night, make sure to prepare a big batch as these intensely flavored soft and chewy garlic knots is relished by all and will go fast.
It’s a great crowd pleaser recipe!!
If you happen to make this recipe then either drop me a line below. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Easy Garlic Knots Recipe
FOR THE KNOTS
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 2.25 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3 tablsepoon Olive oil or butter
- 1.5 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 cup Warm water or Milk
GARLIC BUTTER SPREAD- MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER
- 4 tablespoon Melted butter
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley Leaves or 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- Salt to taste
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Combine yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup of water.
- Let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes, it will look like a thick creamy paste. In another 5-10 minutes it will become all frothy and bubbly (frothing may take longer for some maybe 20 - 30 minutes). This proofing procedure shows that yeast is alive and active. If by now your yeast has not become frothy, please discard and start over.
- In a bowl combine flour with salt and baking powder. Mix it well. Pour in yeast mixture...
- Add olive oil/butter and milk.
- Knead a soft pliable dough.
- Cover the dough and let it sit undisturbed for 1 -2 hours.
- The dough will double in size.
- Dust the surface with flour and transfer the kneaded dough.
- Knead it again for a few more minutes.
- All worked up dough.
- Preheat oven @ 375 degree F. (Bake for 10 -12 minutes) Using your hands, flatten the dough.
- Cut the flattened dough into long strips...
- Roll them up, if the dough feels sticky than dust it with flour and start shaping.
- Follow the steps in the pics to form a knot.
- Make a loose knot, you will still have dough left at both ends. Take the left end of the dough, wrap it over the knot and into the hole (where you see my finger). Gently press it down. Repeat the same with the right end -wrap it over the knot and into the hole. press and secure both the ends.
- Repeat the process with rest of the dough and shape all the garlic knots.
- Brush each roll with garlic butter spread..
- Sprinkle some dried parsley..
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes in a preheated oven (@375 degree F).
- Apply butter on top..
- Serve hot with a bowl of warm Dal ka shorba soup!!
- Soft, buttery garlic knots tastes great when fresh out of the oven!Also try other bread recipes - Homemade ladi pavs, Honeycomb buns, Foccacia bread, Wheat Pav - links posted above!!