Welcome your family home to an Italian dinner – Penne Pasta in marinara sauce. These quick, easy recipe is ideal for a busy weeknights. Follow the step-by-step recipe of pasta smeared in creamy homemade marinara sauce and it will tickle your taste buds for more. Penne is a very popular variety of pasta found in all the supermarkets but feel free to substitute it with any form of pasta – result will the same. A healthier substitute would be whole wheat pasta and gluten free corn pasta.
A versatile recipe that is kid’s friendly and can be served on any occasion whether be a speedy family dinner, a casual get together or unexpected guests- surprise them all with this easy pasta recipe and believe me it’s aroma will draw everyone to the table.
RECIPE DETAIL – Begin by boiling pasta as per package instructions. Cook until pasta is tender and al dente ( firm enough to bite). Drain and set is aside. Meanwhile prepare the sauce by adding veggies of your choice. On a personal note, I prefer using crushed chili flakes in my pasta recipes as it adds a smokey flavor to the dish, but feel free to use regular chili.
Homemade marinara sauce is used for this recipe but you can substitute it with store bought marinara sauce. Once the sauce is ready, mix in boiled pasta and stir gently to combine. Add spinach leaves to the mixed pasta, cover and take it off the flame. Serve immediately.
MAKE AHEAD – This is a make ahead recipe. Sauce can be prepared ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to eat, mix in the boiled pasta, spinach and serve hot.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Penne Pasta in marinara sauce
- 1 Lb or 500 gms. Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- A pinch of Salt
- Boil pasta as per the package instructions. Add oil and season with salt. Once boiled, drain and set it aside.
MARINARA SAUCE PREPARATION
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic to it. When it starts to sizzle add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute for another minute.
- Add marinara sauce and stir. At this point add cream ,spices and mix well.
- The sauce is ready. Adjust seasonings and..
- Add boiled pasta to the marinara sauce mix.
- Stir in gently to combine.
- Just before serving add baby spinach leaves, mix and take it off the flame. Let it sit covered, spinach leaves with become tender with the heat. Top it off with shredded cheese and enjoy!!