Flavor-packed chili noodles with grilled tofu is a tasty addition to your busy weeknight dinner. This one pot vegan meal is deliciously addictive and super easy to make!
How about a dish that takes just 30 minutes from start to finish and can be made in a single pan? Something that is vegan and healthy has tons of flavor and is perfect for any occasion.
Well, today’s recipe, chili noodles with grilled tofu is bursting with delicious flavor and is THE perfect dish for any occasion!
Don’t you love pasta nights? So easy to make and whatever you toss in the recipe, everyone will readily eat it. With just a handful of veggies, peanut sauce and a block of tofu, this chili noodles is genuinely one of the best dinners my family devours without any complaints.
This meatless dish is always a hit in my house, and it satisfies every palate and craving.
Tofu is THE perfect vegan option!
If you’re looking for a flavorful, comforting vegan dish to curb you weeknight cravings, then this chili noodles with grilled tofu is your thing. This dish is packed with tons of flavor and Tofu.
Did you know, tofu is a
- good source of protein,
- healthy nutrients and
- is full of healthy fats.
It is an excellent way to add protein and texture to any dish.
Cooking with Tofu!
Before you start cooking with tofu, drain and press the extra liquid out of it. This will allows tofu to absorb all the flavors from the dish better. Tofu is bland in taste. Therefore, it takes on the flavor of whatever it’s cooked in.
Once all the liquid is drained, cut tofu in the desired shape and marinate it. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so and cook as directed.
The longer you marinate the tofu, the more intense the flavor is.
How to cook chili noodles with grilled tofu?
This hearty and healthy dish is a quick and simple recipe. It is made up of colorful veggies, grilled tofu, and spicy peanut sauce.
The secret to this fantastic recipe is its – no-cook peanut sauce. This homemade peanut sauce is thick and flavorful.
The ingredients like soy sauce, peanut sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a little sugar provides tofu plenty of flavor. Just combine all the sauce ingredients and toss tofu in it. Marinate tofu for 20 minutes and cook as directed.
I have cooked up tofu with fresh veggies and noodles. Vegetables add a burst of flavor and lend a crunch and great texture to this simple dish. It’s a great dinner option that can be easily customized to your liking.
Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds, and you are all set.
A word of advice and other options!
- Not a huge fan of lo mein, no worries substitute it with thin spaghetti.
- No chili sauce, sub with sriracha sauce.
- Make-ahead meal – Chop veggies and store in the refrigerator beforehand. Same applies to the noodles too. Boil beforehand and assemble everything just before dinner. Delicious dinner is on the table in less than 10 minutes.
- Substitute tofu with a protein of your choice for a hearty dinner tonight.
- This dish makes delicious leftovers for lunch the next day.
I hope you give this simple yet decadent chili noodles with grilled tofu a try. Enjoy this comforting meal and if possible share your comments with me.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Chili Noodles With Grilled Tofu
- 1 lb Wheat Lo Mein
- 1 cup Onions (sliced)
- 1.5 cup Bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
- 14 oz Firm tofu (pressed and drained)
- 1/2 cup Carrots, julienned (optional)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (for boiling noodles + cooking tofu + sauteing veggies)
- - - Season to taste
HOMEMADE PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chili Garlic sauce (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Oil
- 3 tablespoon Vegan Peanut butter or paste
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed Black Pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Spring Onions/scallions
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds for garnish
- Assemble ingredients for sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients listed under 'homemade peanut sauce' in a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Remove tofu from its packaging and pour out all of the excess water. Wrap tofu block in between paper towels and press hard until all the water is squeezed out.
- Cut it lengthwise.
- Dip tofu in the sauce mixture that was prepared earlier in the recipe. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat and grease a griddle. Place tofu sticks on the griddle and cook until brown and golden from both the sides.
- Save the remaining sauce.
- Boil noodles as per package instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Assemble veggies.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan. Pour oil and add veggies to it.
- Cook veggies until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour in 2-3 tablespoon of remaining sauce.
- Add boiled noodles.
- Mix until well blended. Adjust sauce and salt as per taste.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.