Treat yourself tonight to this speedy yet flavor-packed Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles. A healthy and satisfying one-pot meal that takes 20 minutes to prepare – that much quicker than takeout and tastes yum and delicious!!
On my last trip to Singapore, I had a chance to eat at one of their famous food courts – Chinatown. It’s a superb food court with so many variations to choose from. vegan spicy peanut noodles
At the stall – you pick a bowl, select your veggies, proteins, sauce, type of noodles and the cook prepares the dish for you. The result is a satisfying and delicious meal!
This is the first time I tasted their Cantonese style noodles and vegan spicy peanut noodles and fell in love with its excellent texture and flavor.
Since then, I wanted to create the same flavors in my kitchen and ended up with my very own simplified version. I can’t say if it matches the authentic taste, but it is pretty close – yummy and intense in flavor.
I chalk-our my meals on a weekly basis, and these vegan spicy noodles always make it to our weekly meal rotation. The simplicity of this dish just wins me over.
A PERFECT MAKE-AHEAD DINNER!
Vegan spicy noodles make a great weeknight/weekend meal. Assemble and slice the ingredients in advance and when ready to eat, saute the veggies, add sauce and toss in your favorite noodles.
Mix to combine. Delicious, wholesome dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes. It’s that easy!
The best part – make a big batch of these healthy noodles and freeze for busy dinner nights. Warm it up in your microwave, and you are all set. It makes for an excellent on-the-go lunch the very next day!
VERY ADAPTIVE AND VERSATILE RECIPE!
This peanutty noodle is a straightforward recipe. Feel free to play around with the ingredients a bit to suit your preferences. E.g.-
- Make it colorful. Add more veggies – loads of vegetables add nutrition and extra crunch
- toss in some protein in the form of tofu, crispy paneer or meat,
- adjust the spice level to suit your taste buds,
- substitute spaghetti with noodles or zoodles of your choice.
Either way, you will love this recipe. Be it dinner parties, or potlucks, Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles is an all-time favorite food for us. It makes great leftovers too. Sprinkle some water, reheat and there you have it – a perfect lunch for the next day.
Best part, it is loved by all ages, and needless to say – it’s very addictive!!
A handful of simple ingredients make up the sauce for this recipe. The spicy sauces bring out the flavor well. Not a chili lover, no worries. Turn down the heat by reducing the chili sauce to 1 tablespoon.
Overall, the combo of peanut butter, soy sauce, and chili sauce added the perfect kick to this recipe.
Do give it a try and I am sure you are going to love everything about this dish. It’s –
- comfortingly spicy
- and above all – quick and easy.
Give the final touches with some toasted chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro leaves, and chopped green onions. If you happen to make this dish, do leave a comment below. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles
INGREDIENTS FOR NOODLES
- 1 LB packet of Thin spaghetti (454 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 cup of Toasted Tofu pieces (optional)
- 1 packet of Snap peas ( 227 grams packet) (or coleslaw)
- 4-5 stalks of Chopped Green Onions
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Red chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Vegan Peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Water
- Assemble ingredients listed under sauce. To make peanut butter at home - roast 1/4 cup peanuts in a pan until light brown in color. Remove its skin. Add toasted peanut to a blender, add 2 teaspoon oil, 2 teaspoon honey and salt. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Whisk. Add water to make a smooth paste. Set it aside.
- Boil noodles as per package instructions.
- Drain and set it aside.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Wash and clean snap peas. Thinly slice them. Feel fee to use coleslaw instead of snap peas.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic.
- Saute for a minute on a medium low flame.
- Stir in snap peas and saute for few seconds. Add salt and mix. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add boiled and drained noodles.
- Pour in the sauce.
- Mix until well blended. Add green onions and cover the pan.
- Take it off the flame and let it sit covered for couple of minutes.
- Top with some toasted peanuts and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot.