Creamy and luscious no churn Strawberry Shortcake Icecream is a perfect treat for warm summer days. Homemade ice cream that tastes better than the store-bought ones.
Summer picking of strawberries has begun. A family trip to the strawberries farm is always exciting and a treat in itself. Our last visit to the farms yielded buckets full of strawberries. So, what do I intend to do with all those strawberries? No Churn Strawberry Shortcake Icecream
Ah… ice cream, the most loved and adored dessert in the world. Seducing anyone with almost any ﬂavor, ice cream is one of the most versatile recipes. Some even go as far as to claim that ice cream is the best thing humanity has ever created.
One such ﬂavor in a barrage of others that stands out is the strawberry ﬂavor. Its subtle taste allows almost anyone of any age to enjoy it.
So to beat the summer heat, I am making a rich and creamy homemade strawberry ice cream. This strawberry ice cream can be customized with almost any ﬂavor, from strawberry cheesecake to chocolate strawberry.
But today, I have the perfect recipe – No Churn Strawberry Shortcake Icecream!
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED A NO-CHURN ICE CREAM?
If not, then you should give this one a try. It is a complete game changer. It’s-
- easy to make,
- perfectly smooth,
- velvety, No Churn Strawberry Shortcake Icecream
- and is bursting with fresh fruit flavor.
Overall, it’s the real thing – refreshing, smooth and a fun way to eat your seasonal fruits!
NOW ONTO THE RECIPE!
This recipe incorporates two delicious things into one – homemade fresh strawberry sauce and a shortcake. These both, when fused, creates an optimal blend of taste and delicious ice cream. And to top it oﬀ, the cake is entirely eggless making it the perfect thing for a lot of diets.
The first step involved in this strawberry shortcake ice cream is to make the shortcake. It’s a multi-tasking recipe – while the cake is baking, prepare the strawberry sauce. To save time, the store-bought strawberry sauce can be used.
The base for no-churn vanilla ice cream is a pretty standard one. Heavy whipping cream + milk powder + condensed milk + salt + essence creates the most creamy and smooth ice cream. The result is phenomenal!
When the shortcake is thoroughly cooled, add it to the base along with chopped strawberries. Finish it with a generous swirl of strawberry sauce and freeze until set.
WONDERING WHAT A SHORTCAKE IS?
Shortcake is a term applied for tender, crumbly cakes. Technically speaking, it is a cake made of biscuit dough, but for this recipe, I decided to make a homemade eggless pound cake for my ice cream.
Trust me; shortcake is the perfect choice for this ice cream. Just adding a few pieces of these delicious cakes will enlighten your ice cream.
This shortcake is a perfect addition to any scenario, whether you’re enjoying a small little ice cream cone or your eating a strawberry sundae. Easily adaptable with other fresh fruits for summer.
The softness of shortcake, the crunch of fresh strawberries and the creaminess of ice cream combined is unbelievably the BEST! This shortcake ice cream is one of the best I have ever made in a long time. I can rant about it all day long but try for yourself and decide!
If you happen to make this no churn strawberry shortcake ice cream, then please comment below and leave your feedback. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Non-Fry Cherrific Cheesecake Ice Cream
- No Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream
- No cook homemade Pistachio Icecream
Thanks for reading.💕
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
No Churn Strawberry Shortcake Icecream
FOR STRAWBERRY SAUCE- MAKES 1/2 CUP SAUCE
- 1 lb Fresh or frozen Strawberries
- 2.5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- - - A pinch of Salt
ASSEMBLING ICE CREAM
- 3 cups Homemade Whipped cream
- 1 can or 14 oz Sweetened Condensed milk
- - - A pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Dry Milk powder
- 1/2 cup Chopped strawberries
- 1.5 teaspoon Strawberry extract
- 1.25 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- - - Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Milk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoon Oil or Butter
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- Begin by baking the cake. Combine and whisk all the ingredients listed under "CAKE" until it forms a smooth batter. Pour the batter in a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven @325 degree F and for 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lets preparing the strawberry sauce. Wash and trim the top off the strawberries. Combine strawberries and sugar in a pan. Mix them well. Let it stand for 20 minutes. Strawberries will release their juices after sugar is added.
- After the resting time puree strawberries. Transfer this puree to a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Keep stirring frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Boil for 20 minutes. The strawberry mixture will start to thicken. Take it off the flame. Allow it to cool completely. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- When the cake has cooled completely, cut it into small cubes.
- Transfer whipped cream to a bowl.
- Now fold in the condensed milk, milk powder, and strawberry extract.
- Mix the ingredients together slowly.
- Add chopped strawberry and cooled strawberry sauce that was prepared earlier in the recipe.
- Finally, add cake pieces and fold gently.
- Line your freezer trays with a plastic wrap and pour the mixture into trays. Swirl strawberry sauce on top along with chopped strawberries and freeze until set.
- Make a big scoop and enjoy! YIELDS - 1 QUART OF ICECREAM.
- any fresh berries of your choice
- choco chips
- dried fruits - raisins, apricots, cranberries, etc.
- Not a cake-lover in ice creams. No worries, leave the shortcake out. Just swirl the cake with strawberry sauce, and that will work great too.