No Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream is a smooth, creamy and amazingly delicious frozen treat that comes together in a flash. This recipe can be adapted to just about any ice cream flavor you love!!
Summer is just around the corner and after the winter we had this year, I am so much looking forward to enjoy some hot summer weather. For me summer is all about, lemonades, frozen treats, outdoor fun, and ice creams! Summer wouldn’t be summer without ice creams as there is nothing like enjoying a cold ice cream on a hot summer day. It’s so amazigly satisfying!! no churn butterscotch ice cream
Growing up, ice cream was our favorite go-to dessert. Our freezer was always stocked up with ice creams in summer months. After dinner, we would enjoy big scoops of ice cream for dessert and I am still trying to keep the tradition going by stacking up my freezer with some homemade ice creams.
Just last week I had shared my delicious Pistachio Ice Cream and here I am again with another drool worthy ice cream recipe. It’s exactly the same, only this time I have used homemade butterscotch pralines and dry nuts instead of pistachios.
And did I share with you that among all the flavors, no churn butterscotch ice cream one is my all time favorite. It is loaded with chunky pieces of butterscotch pralines and dry nuts making every bite a real treat for your taste-buds.
This ice cream is super easy to prepare and you’ll have a tasty treat ready in no minutes (minus the freezer time). No ice cream maker and no fancy equipment required – just a big bowl and your hand mixer.
Simply mix the ingredients, freeze and scoop – now isn’t that easy? A creamy and silky ice-cream ready in a snap! I am loving it. 💕 💕
Have you memorized the basic ice cream recipe, yet?
If not, here it is.
A simple mixture of – heavy-cream + condensed milk + milk powder + cream + the flavor of your choice creates the most luscious, and delicious ice cream. Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze until set, which takes at least 6 – 8 hours. It’s so worth the wait!
Follow the step by step tutorial below to your very own homemade delicious recipe and you can enjoy this ice cream all summer long.
If you happen to make this ice cream, then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
No Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream
TO MAKE BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar*
ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- 1 can or 14 oz Sweetend Condensed milk
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Dry Milk powder
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Crushed Nuts
- 2 teaspoon Butterscotch essence
- 1/8 teaspoon Saffron mixed in warm water or use yellow food coloring (optional)
MAKING OF PRALINE - BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- Add all the 2 ingredients listed under "Butterscotch ingredients" in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Cook until all the three ingredients are well blended and thick.
- Transfer this mix onto a parchment paper and allow it to cool.
- Cut into pieces and homemade butterscotch chips are ready.
MAKING OF WHIPPED CREAM
- Before you start chill the whisk attachment and bowl in the refrigerator for an hour. Pour whipping cream to the chilled bowl.
- Turn the mixer or hand blender to a medium speed and start whipping the cream. Within 2- 3 minutes, the cream will start to get frothy and thicken up, keep mixing. All I need is a soft peak, so I whipped it for another 2-3 minutes and the whipped cream increased in volume and was very airy and thick.
- To check if the whipped cream has the right consistency - remove the whisk/blender from the mixer/base. Turn it upside down and if the whipped cream maintains its soft peak firmly without falling off the blade - it's ready to use and is perfect.
- Whipped cream is all ready.
ASSEMBLING ICE CREAM
- Assemble ingredients for icecream.
- For yellow color - Soak saffron strands in 3 tablespoon of warm milk. Or you could use a yellow food coloring.
- Roughly chop almonds and cashews.
- Butterscotch essence.
- In a bowl combine whipped cream (that we had prepared earlier), along with milk powder, salt and condensed milk.
- Add yellow color or strain the saffron color into the bowl.
- Gently fold in all the ingredients.
- Add chopped nuts. If you like a nutty ice cream add 3/4 cup of chopped/crushed nuts but if you prefer less nuts in your ice cream than add 1/2 cup of chopped/crushed nuts.
- Crush some of the butterscotch chips with a rolling pin and add it to the ice cream mix.
- Pour in cream.
- Mix to combine.
- Transfer ice cream to a bowl (9 x 5 inch pan) and freeze until firm.
- Once set, remove from freezer and enjoy!
- A creamy and silky ice-cream ready in a snap!
- I am loving it . 💕 💕