Satisfy your sweet tooth with this amazingly delicious no-churn Butterscotch ice cream that comes together in a flash. Perfectly textured, nutty, creamy, and loaded with tons of flavor. Need I say more!
It’s the perfect ice cream recipe that can be adapted to just about any flavor you love!!
Raise your hand if you also think that summer is all about, lemonades, frozen treats, outdoor fun, and ice creams!
I mean seriously, there’s truly nothing better than indulging in mouth-watering ice cream on a hot summer day. It’s so amazingly satisfying!
And today’s recipe no-churn butterscotch ice cream is a perfect frozen treat – just in time for summer.
Butterscotch: An absolute favorite!
Did I share with you that among all the flavors, no-churn butterscotch ice cream is my all-time favorite? Trust me; it’s the best!
It is loaded with chunky pieces of nutty butterscotch pralines and dry nuts, making every bite a real treat for your taste-buds.
So, if you’ve never tried making butterscotch pralines before, then my dear friend, you’re in for a surprise!
This eggless butterscotch ice cream has the texture, essence, and creaminess of the original ice cream, and guess what no ice cream maker required.
You’re going to love this no-churn Butterscotch Ice cream
Because it’s –
- Perfectly smooth
- Rich and Luscious
- Studded with butterscotch bites, and
It’s a real treat and so much better than the store-bought ice cream.
Ingredients required to make Eggless Butterscotch Icecream
This deliciously creamy, butterscotch ice cream is made with just a few ingredients like-
» Butterscotch chips – tiny bites of butterscotch pralines adds a nice crunch and texture.
» Whipped Cream + milk powder – together, it makes the perfect base for an ultra-creamy and velvety textured to eggless butterscotch icecream, no churning required.
» Sweetened Condensed milk – not only it adds sweetness to the ice cream, but it also adds a smoother texture without all the graininess.
» Crushed Nuts – contributes an essential crunchy texture to this ice cream.
» Butterscotch essence – grants a subtle essence to the ice cream and also enhances the existing flavors.
» Saffron – lends a beautiful yellow tint to the ice cream.
How to make a homemade No-Churn Butterscotch Ice cream?
No ice cream maker or fancy equipment is required to prepare this eggless butterscotch ice cream. Just a big bowl and your hand mixer. It’s that simple!
» There is an added step in this ice cream – prepare the butterscotch pralines. You can skip this step if butterscotch pralines are available in your area.
» Combine milk powder, condensed milk, whipped cream, essence, and whipped cream in a bowl. Add the mix-ins of your choice and whisk until smooth and combined. Toss in butterscotch pralines and pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container.
» Freeze until set.
» Scoop – now isn’t that easy?
A creamy and silky ice-cream ready in a snap (minus the freezer time). It does take 6-8 hours to freeze. But it’s worth the wait, I promise!
Tips to make the best Eggless Butterscotch Ice Cream
» You can swap coconut oil for butter in butterscotch making method.
» Allergic to cashews, use nuts of your choice. Pistachios taste equally good.
» Always use heavy whipping cream. Heavy whipping cream contains 35-38% of milk fat, which will lend a lusciously creamy texture to this eggless butterscotch ice cream.
» For deep yellow color, add 1/2 teaspoon of saffron strands.
» Feel free to add a couple of drops of yellow color to the ice cream.
» This eggless butterscotch ice cream will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month, only if it lasts that long!
» Always store the ice cream in the freezer on a shelf and not on the door shelf.
» Other variations – Try candied fruits, toasted nuts, or crushed cookies and create the yummy flavors that you will enjoy all summer long.
Once you try this homemade eggless butterscotch ice cream, trust me, your family will be begging you to make it again and again! I hope you give it a try.
Just like I always say, do let me know in the comments when you make this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
CRAVING FOR MORE, TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS ice creams!
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON APRIL 28th, 2017. UPDATED AND POSTED THE RECIPE AGAIN ON MAY JUNE 15TH, 2020 WITH BETTER PICTURES AND TIPS!
No Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream
INGREDIENTS FOR WHIPPED CREAM
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- A pinch of Salt
MAKING OF PRALINE – BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- Add butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Cook until all the three ingredients are well blended and thick.
- Transfer this mix onto a parchment paper and allow it to cool.
- Cut into pieces, and homemade butterscotch pralines are ready.
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- Before you start, chill the balloon electric whisk attachment and bowl in the refrigerator for an hour. Pour whipping cream and a pinch of salt to the chilled bowl.
- Turn the mixer or hand blender to medium speed and start whipping the cream. Within 2- 3 minutes, the cream will begin to get frothy and thicken up, whip until it forms a firm peak.
- To check if the whipped cream has the right consistency – remove the whisk/blender from the mixer/base. Turn it upside down and if the whipped cream maintains its soft peak firmly without falling off the blade – it’s ready to use and is perfect. Whipped cream is all set.
ASSEMBLE ICE CREAM
- For yellow color – Soak saffron strands in 3 tablespoons of warm milk. Or you could use yellow food coloring.
- In a bowl combine whipped cream (that we had prepared earlier), along with milk powder, Butterscotch essence, and condensed milk.
- Add yellow color or strain the saffron color into the bowl.
- Gently fold in all the ingredients. Do not whisk, fold gently.
- Add the chopped nuts. For a nuttier ice cream add ¾ cup of chopped/crushed nuts but if you prefer fewer nuts in your ice cream than add ½ a cup of chopped/crushed nuts.
- Crush some of the butterscotch chips with a rolling pin and add it to the ice cream mix.
- Pour in the cream.
- Mix to combine. Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe bowl (9 x 5-inch pan) and freeze until firm.
- Once set, remove from freezer and enjoy!