Sinfully indulgent and absolutely divine, this decadent no-churn Butterscotch ice cream is the answer to a luxe ice cream experience that your family and friends will love to indulge in! The crunchy praline studded in the ice cream makes this classic Indian Butterscotch Ice-cream a delight to relish at any time and in any weather.
It also makes for a delightful dessert at the weekend party or a get-together.
Summer or winter, or any weather in-between, this no-churn Butterscotch ice cream recipe is the answer to your cravings for a yummilicious dessert!
This Ice Cream is a luscious scoop of heavenliness with a silky smooth consistency and a flavor to die for! Moreover, it is amazingly smooth in texture, rich in taste, and bursting with freshness.
Butterscotch: An absolute favorite!
An exquisite family favorite, this Butterscotch Ice-cream is a national favorite too! Yes, this version of Indian Butterscotch is the most popular in India and is loved by the masses for its heavenly butterscotch flavor and incredible creaminess.
Whipped with heavy cream and studded with the crunchy butterscotch praline, this recipe can be curated to its divine perfection within minutes.
You will not need any ice cream maker to churn it, as it doesn’t need any!
The best part, you can make this butterscotch ice cream Indian recipe ahead of time and surprise your guests with scoops of this frozen delight after dinner.
A perfect recipe that can be prepared and stored for a month, you must give the Butterscotch Ice cream recipe a sure shot try!
Reasons You’ll ♡ no-churn Butterscotch ice cream
This eggless butterscotch ice cream is a supremely delicious whip, and you will love it as —
- It is rich, creamy, and velvety.
- Generously studded with crunchy butterscotch bites.
- Is egg-free and gluten-free.
- Does not contain any preservatives or artificial colors.
- Truly, a better choice than the store-bought Butterscotch Ice cream in every way.
- Will be a hit among the kids and grown-ups alike.
Believe me, nothing can be more satisfying than a gorgeous scoop of this frozen treat on a sizzling hot summer day.
It indeed adds a zest to the sultry weather and lifts the droopy spirit!
Eggless No-churn Butterscotch Icecream Ingredient List
This deliciously creamy Eggless Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream is an irresistible recipe that whips in a snap with just a few ingredients like —
Unsalted butter — To make the best pralines, unsalted butter is used in the preparation. It adds richness to the texture of the butterscotch chips.
Coconut Oil — It is added for flavor in the butterscotch chips. It can be entirely skipped if you want to.
Brown Sugar — Used for making delicious butterscotch chips.
Whipping Cream — Heavy whipping cream makes the creamiest and the most luscious ice cream base. It lends utter richness and deliciousness to our recipe.
Condensed Milk — Our super delicious butterscotch ice cream gets its sweetness from the sweetened condensed milk. You may adjust the quantity of condensed milk according to the required sweetness.
Milk Powder — Dry milk powder lends more creaminess and smoothness to our yummy frozen dessert.
Crushed Nuts — Bring a delectable crunch and loads of fun to this incredible delight.
Butterscotch Essence — Added to our no-churn butterscotch ice cream for a more intense flavor.
Saffron Strands — Saffron adds a subtle yellow hue and opulence to the recipe.
How to make the best No-Churn Butterscotch Ice cream?
No fancy equipment is required to prepare this eggless Indian-style butterscotch ice cream. Just a big bowl and your hand mixer. It’s that simple!
Prepare the Butterscotch Pralines — There is an added step in this ice cream. Butterscotch pralines are actually EASY to make and don’t really need a candy thermometer. I have kept my pralines pretty simple by adding coconut oil, sugar, and butter to them.
You can choose to add assorted nuts to create your homemade butterscotch nut pralines. You can skip this step if butterscotch pralines are available in your area.
Form the ice cream base — Add the whipping cream to the bowl of your mixer and beat until stiff peaks form. Add the sweetened condensed milk, milk powder, and essence to the bowl and whisk until well combined for about 1 minute. Add the mix-ins of your choice and whisk until smooth and combined.
Freeze the Butterscotch ice cream — Stir in butterscotch pralines and mix. Now pour the nutty butterscotch ice cream into a freezer-safe container, preferably with a lid, as you will need to close it tight. Or you can use a loaf pan and cover it with plastic wrap and freeze the ice cream for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Scoop the no-churn ice cream — Before serving, let the ice cream sit for about 5 -10 minutes on the counter before scooping it into bowls and serving.
This is a perfect recipe for ice cream that can be adapted to whip up the ice cream of any flavor of your choice.
Expert Tips & Variations to make the best butterscotch ice cream
Swap coconut oil for butter — Using coconut oil is optional in this recipe, and you can completely swap it for butter if you don’t want to use it for any reason.
Use nuts of your choice — If you are allergic to cashews, feel free to use any nuts of your choice. Pistachios taste equally good and can be considered for this delicious Eggless Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream recipe.
Heavy whipping cream for best texture — Always use heavy whipping cream to prepare this ice cream recipe. It contains 35%- 38% of milk fat that renders a rich texture and creamiest consistency to this luscious Indian-style Butterscotch Ice cream.
Addition of Saffron — Saffron is added to the ice cream for flavor. It adds a beautiful yellow tinge and a more vibrant color.
Yellow food color for deeper tinge — The subtle yellow color of the ice cream is lent by the saffron. However, you may also add a couple of drops of yellow food color to the ice cream if you want a deeper tinge of yellow. If you prefer to keep it all-natural (no added food color), add ½ teaspoon of saffron strands for a pretty deep yellow color.
Store on the freezer shelf — If you store your ice cream in the freezer door, don’t do that anymore. Always keep your ice cream on the freezer shelf for better cooling and setting.
For a smooth scoop — Run the ice cream scoop under hot water just before scooping to enjoy the silliest scoop!
Other creative variations — You can create any flavors or bring variations of your choice to the recipe. Add candied fruits for the delectable twist, or add toasted nuts for the earthy nutty flavor. You may even add crushed cookies for the crunchiest ice cream ever and rejoice over its yumminess.
Let Me Know What You Think!
So, if you are a fan of butterscotch flavored ice cream and wondering how to make it at home – this recipe will surely make you super happy and jump out of joy.
It is simple to follow, and the result is a delicious batch of rich and creamy egg-free butterscotch ice cream, just the kind of delicacy you always wanted to dig into!
Should you make Butterscotch Ice Cream With Candied pralines, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
CRAVING FOR MORE, TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS ice creams!
This recipe post has been updated from the archives, first published on April 28th, 2016
No Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream
INGREDIENTS FOR WHIPPED CREAM
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- A pinch of Salt
MAKING OF PRALINE – BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- Combine butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes over medium heat until all the three ingredients are well blended and thick. Feel free to add dry nuts like cashews, pecan, and almonds to this mix.
- Transfer this mix onto a parchment paper and allow it to cool.
- Cut into pieces, and homemade butterscotch pralines are ready. You can pulse them in the food processor for a much fine crumb.
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- Before you start, chill the balloon electric whisk attachment and bowl in the refrigerator for an hour. Pour whipping cream and a pinch of salt to the chilled bowl.
- Turn the mixer or hand blender to medium speed and start whipping the cream. Within 2- 3 minutes, the cream will begin to get frothy and thicken up, whip until it forms a firm peak.
- To check if the whipped cream has the right consistency – remove the whisk/blender from the mixer/base. Turn it upside down and if the whipped cream maintains its soft peak firmly without falling off the blade – it’s ready to use and is perfect. Whipped cream is all set.
ASSEMBLE ICE CREAM
- For yellow color – Soak saffron strands in 3 tablespoons of warm milk. Or you could use yellow food coloring.
- In a bowl combine whipped cream (that we had prepared earlier), along with milk powder, Butterscotch essence, and condensed milk.
- Add yellow color or strain the saffron color into the bowl.
- Gently fold in all the ingredients. Do not whisk, fold gently.
- Add the chopped nuts. For a nuttier ice cream add ¾ cup of chopped/crushed nuts but if you prefer fewer nuts in your ice cream than add ½ a cup of chopped/crushed nuts.
- Crush some of the butterscotch chips with a rolling pin and add it to the ice cream mix.
- Pour in the cream.
- Mix to combine. Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe bowl (9 x 5-inch pan) and freeze until firm.
- Once set, remove from freezer and enjoy!