Satisfy your sweet tooth with this amazingly delicious No Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream that comes together in a flash. Perfectly textured, nutty, creamy and loaded with tons of flavor. Need I say more! It’s the perfect ice cream recipe that can be adapted to just about any flavor you love!!
After the winter we had this year, I am so much looking forward to enjoying some hot summer weather. For me, summer is all about, lemonades, frozen treats, outdoor fun, and ice creams!
There’s truly nothing better than indulging in mouth-watering ice cream on a hot summer day. It’s so amazingly satisfying!! And today’s recipe no churn butterscotch ice cream is a perfect frozen treat – just in time for summer.
You’re going to love my no-churn Butterscotch Ice cream because it’s creamy, full of the butterscotch flavor, and so much better than the store-bought ice cream.
Butterscotch: An absolute favorite!
Did I share with you that among all the flavors, no churn butterscotch ice cream is my all-time favorite? It is loaded with chunky pieces of nutty butterscotch pralines and dry nuts making every bite a real treat for your taste-buds.
So, if you’ve never tried making butterscotch pralines before, then my dear friend you’re in for a surprise!
How to make a homemade No-Churn Butterscotch Ice cream?
This deliciously creamy, drool-worthy, and silky-smooth ice cream is made with just a few ingredients. No ice cream maker, no fancy equipment required, and super easy to prepare – just a big bowl and your hand mixer. Simple,
- Prepare the butterscotch pralines,
- Mix the ingredients,
- Freeze, and
- Scoop – now isn’t that easy? A creamy and silky ice-cream ready in a snap (minus the freezer time). It does take 6-8 hours to freeze. But it’s worth the wait, I promise!
Have you memorized the basic ice cream recipe, yet?
If not, here it is.
The base of no-churn ice creams is made by a simple mixture of – heavy-cream + condensed milk + milk powder + cream + the mix-ins of your choice. This combo creates the most luscious and delicious ice cream.
Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze until set. It’s as simple as that.
Are you looking for a different flavor?
Try candied fruits, toasted nuts, or crushed cookies and create the yummy flavors that you will enjoy all summer long.
Let me know what other kinds of flavors you have tried in the comments below! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email, and I would be happy to answer them. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other options!
- No Churn Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- No churn Pistachio Ice Cream
- Creamy Strawberry Popsicle
- Raspberry Yogurt Popsicle
Originally published on April 28th, 2017. Updated and posted the recipe again on April 30th, 2019 with better pictures and tips!
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
No Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream
TO MAKE BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
INGREDIENTS FOR WHIPPED CREAM
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- A pinch of Salt
ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Dry Milk powder
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (liquid)
- 3/4 cup Crushed Nuts
- 2 teaspoon Butterscotch essence
- 1/8 teaspoon Saffron mixed in warm water or use yellow food coloring (optional)
MAKING OF PRALINE - BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- Add all the two ingredients listed under "Butterscotch ingredients" in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Cook until all the three ingredients are well blended and thick.
- Transfer this mix onto a parchment paper and allow it to cool.
- Cut into pieces, and homemade butterscotch chips are ready.
MAKING OF WHIPPED CREAM
- Before you start, chill the balloon electric whisk attachment and bowl in the refrigerator for an hour. Pour whipping cream and a pinch of salt to the chilled bowl.
- Turn the mixer or hand blender to medium speed and start whipping the cream. Within 2- 3 minutes, the cream will begin to get frothy and thicken up, whip until it forms a firm peak.
- To check if the whipped cream has the right consistency - remove the whisk/blender from the mixer/base. Turn it upside down and if the whipped cream maintains its soft peak firmly without falling off the blade - it's ready to use and is perfect. Whipped cream is all set.
ASSEMBLING ICE CREAM
- Assemble ingredients for ice cream.
- For yellow color - Soak saffron strands in 3 tablespoons of warm milk. Or you could use yellow food coloring.
- Roughly chop almonds and cashews.
- In a bowl combine whipped cream (that we had prepared earlier), along with milk powder, Butterscotch essence, and condensed milk.
- Add yellow color or strain the saffron color into the bowl.
- Gently fold in all the ingredients. Do not whisk, fold gently.
- Add the chopped nuts. If you like a nutty ice cream add 3/4 cup of chopped/crushed nuts but if you prefer fewer nuts in your ice cream than add 1/2 cup of chopped/crushed nuts.
- Crush some of the butterscotch chips with a rolling pin and add it to the ice cream mix.
- Pour in the cream.
- Mix to combine. Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe bowl (9 x 5-inch pan) and freeze until firm.
- Once set, remove from freezer and enjoy!
- A creamy and silky ice-cream ready in a snap!