This deliciously smooth and creamy No cook homemade Pistachio Icecream is infused with kewra essence, and loaded with coarsely chopped pistachios! So indulgent and satisfying!!
Summer is at it’s peak and to beat that summer heat if you hunting for an easy, refreshing, no-cook ice cream, then you have landed at the right place. This no cook homemade Pistachio Icecream is a perfect make ahead dessert that comes together in no time.
And as a bonus, this recipe uses
- few basic ingredients
- requires no churn and no ice-cream machine
- is vegetarian
- and egg free!!
For me homemade ice creams are the best because I get to control all the ingredients and the best part is – its preservative and additive free!
Now on to the recipe! No cook homemade Pistachio Icecream
The base is pretty straightforward – heavy-cream + condensed milk + flavor of your choice creates the most luscious, and delicious ice cream. But if you are looking for that authentic melt-in-your-mouth taste then add milk powder to this combo and you will end up with a rich, creamy and velvety ice cream flavor! Perfecto!!
Homemade whipped cream can be substituted with store bought cool whip. I have added a pinch of green color to my pistachio ice cream but feel free to double the amount and give this treat a rich pistachio color. Likewise, pistachio essence can be used in place of kewra essence.
Mix and freeze. Once frozen, homemade ice cream has a tendency to solidify into a rock, but this recipe remains soft enough for an easy scoop out.
Some important tips to avoid ice crystals and freezer burn on ice cream !
- Cover your container tightly. If your container doesn’t have a cover, wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap and then with a foil.
- Store your ice cream in the very back of the freezer. Every time the freezer is opened, warm air gushes in, causing the ice cream to melt and then it refreezes back again. During all this thaw and refreeze, some of the ice crystals trapped inside melts and result in crystallization.
- Ice cream is best stored below 0°F (-17 degree C) above that will result in crystallization.
- There should be no change in temperature during freezing.
So what are we waiting for let’s make some ice cream today!
Do give this no cook homemade Pistachio Icecream recipe a try which is an ultimate and a perfect treat to beat the summer heat. If you happen to make this recipe then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
No cook homemade Pistachio Icecream
- 1 cup Homemade Whipped cream (or use cool whip)
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 1-1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Dry Milk powder
- 1/3 cup Pistachios
- 1/8 teaspoon Kewra essence
- 1/8 teaspoon Green color (optional)
- Let's begin with our first step.
- Combine water and milk powder.
- Whisk until well blended. Set it aside.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Homemade whipped cream. Follow the link above to make your very own homemade whip cream.
- Measure pistachios...
- Coarsely grind them into pieces...
- In a bowl combine heavy cream and water-milk powder mixture (that we mixed earlier in the recipe)..
- Add condensed milk..
- Add kewra essence...
- Mix in green color...
- Mix in crushed pistachios and..
- Add homemade whipped cream...
- Give it a good mix..
- Pour it in a bowl or deep dish tray..
- Generously top it with some crushed pistachios.
- Cover and freezer.
- Make sure your ice cream tray/bowl is secured and covered tightly to avoid freezer burns. (see tips above in the main post)
- Scoop ice cream into a bowl, garnish it with some crushed pistachios and...
- Enjoy till it last.
- It's so creamy and nice that you’ll finish the whole bowl by yourself.