This Vegan Tutti Frutti Cake is insanely good, incredibly-moist, so amazing and utterly delicious. A vegan version of a classic favorite made with candied fruits – the perfect after school snack !
Recently for a religious event, a dear friend asked me to bake a simple loaf cake that is egg-free, and dairy-free. In simple terms – she asked me to bake a vegan cake.vegan tutti frutti cake
Though my eggless vanilla cupcakes would have been a perfect match for this occasion, they are not dairy-free. So, I started thinking about a recipe that would have some kind of flavor, is simple and equally delicious!
A few hours later, this vegan tutti frutti cake came into existence. A beautiful moist cake flecked with candied fruits and made with just handful of ingredients. This cake will surely please almost anyone.
So what is special about this cake!
This is my go-to recipe for eggless cakes! My first memories of baking this cake date back to my college days. It’s a traditional cake recipe that’s –
- made with few simple ingredients
- has no eggs
- made with milk and vinegar – a perfect combo that produces an ultimate moist cake.
Now onto the recipe!
To make this cake, start by mixing oil and sugar in a bowl until combined. Sift the dry ingredients and add this to the oil-sugar mix. Make a smooth batter. Once you’ve mixed up the batter, fold in the candied fruit mix or tutti frutti.
Bake as directed. You might need to bake this cake a little more, depending on your oven. Bake until the toothpick comes out clean or until the center of the cake bounces back when pressed lightly with your finger.
Nothing beats the flavor of this homemade vegan tutti frutti cake. At that event, my friend loved this cake and it disappeared faster than I thought. Everyone just loved the soft and perfectly flavored tutti frutti cake.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Vegan Tutti Frutti Cake
- 1.25 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch/Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Almond milk or regular milk
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar (white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup Candied fruit mix or Tutti frutti
- Preheat oven @350 degree F. Assemble ingredients.
- Milk (at room temperature) and vinegar.
- Other wet ingredients.
- Candied fruit mix. Other options would be - chocolate chips, dry dates or dried strawberries.
- Combine oil and sugar in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile sieve all dry ingredients through a strainer.
- Add it to the sugar-oil mixture.
- Pour in almond milk, vinegar and almond extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cake batter will be of a dropping consistency.
- Add tutti frutti.
- Using a small spatula, gently fold tutti frutti into the butter until completely combined.
- Grease a loaf pan. Mine is a 9 x 5 inch pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Or until the center of the cake bounces back when pressed lightly with your finger.
- Cool the cake completely. Cut yourself a slice and enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee.