Recently for a religious event, a dear friend asked me to bake a simple loaf cake that is egg-free, and dairy-free. In simple terms – she asked me to bake a vegan cake.
Though my eggless vanilla cupcakes would have been a perfect match for this occasion, they are not dairy-free. So, I started thinking about a recipe that would have some kind of flavor, is simple and equally delicious!
A few hours later, this vegan tutti frutti cake came into existence. A beautifully moist cake flecked with candied fruits and made with just a handful of ingredients. This cake will surely please almost anyone.
So what is special about this cake!
This is my go-to recipe for eggless cakes! My first memories of baking this cake date back to my college days. It’s a traditional cake recipe that’s –
- made with few simple ingredients
- has no eggs
- made with milk and vinegar – a perfect combo that produces an ultimate moist cake.
How to Make a Vegan Tutti Frutti cake?
To make this cake, start by mixing oil and sugar in a bowl until combined. Sift the dry ingredients and add this to the oil-sugar mix. Make a smooth batter. Once you’ve mixed up the batter, fold in the candied fruit mix or tutti frutti.
Bake as directed. You might need to bake this cake a little more, depending on your oven. Bake until the toothpick comes out clean or until the center of the cake bounces back when pressed lightly with your finger.
Nothing beats the flavor of this homemade vegan tutti frutti cake. At that event, my friend loved this cake and it disappeared faster than I thought. Everyone just loved the soft and perfectly flavored tutti frutti cake.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. 🙂
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Vegan Tutti Frutti Cake
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Almond milk or regular milk
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar (white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup Candied fruit mix or Tutti frutti
- Preheat oven @350 degree F. Assemble ingredients.
- Candied fruit mix. Other options would be - chocolate chips, dry dates or dried strawberries.
- Combine oil and sugar in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile, sieve all dry ingredients through a strainer.
- Add it to the sugar-oil mixture.
- Pour in almond milk, vinegar, and almond extract. Mix until well combined.
- The cake batter will be of dropping consistency.
- Add tutti frutti.
- Using a small spatula, gently fold tutti frutti into the butter until completely combined.
- Grease a loaf pan. Mine is a 9 x 5-inch pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Or until the center of the cake bounces back when pressed lightly with your finger.
- Cool the cake completely. Cut yourself a slice and enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee.