The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake that is rich, moist, and delicious! This cake has fudge sauce swirled all over it, which makes it flavor-rich and ah-mazing. Perfect for any celebration!
Do you have a chocolate lover in your house? At least, I do! My older one is a huge chocolate lover. He savors all kinds of chocolate desserts ranging from cakes to pies. Amidst all, this vegan chocolate cake is his favorite because it’s rich, moist and incredibly flavorful.
He relishes his cake drizzled with a chocolate fudge sauce. Sounds yum, right! Trust me; it’s fantastic!
This delectable, creamy, and silky fudge sauce adds an elegant touch. It’s so good that it will tempt even the pickiest of eaters.
Plus, this cake is suitable for anyone who is on a special diet, as it is egg- free (eggless), nut free, and even butter free!
How to Bake a Vegan Chocolate Cake?
This cake is simple, straightforward and a foolproof recipe. It’s just – flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, milk, vinegar, oil, and extract. Start by shifting the dry ingredients. Set it aside. Now combine wet ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 25 -30 minutes. This cake will bake beautifully. Allow it to cool for a while then remove it from the pan.
HOW TO FINISH THE CAKE?
This cake is layered quite generously with a smooth and delicious fudge sauce, bringing together the perfect taste of chocolate fused in one delicious cake. And guess what?
This fudge sauce is made with JUST two ingredients.
Yes, TWO ingredients!!
Almond milk and choco chips! If not vegan, substitute almond milk for heavy cream. Worried that with the fudge sauce this cake will turn out too sweet? Not at all. Take my word for it.
This cake tastes divine and has just the right amount of sweetness. That’s why I call it the best vegan chocolate cake EVER!
I have used Almond milk for this recipe but feel free to sub that with regular milk. Even with regular milk, the results will be the same – moist, delicious cake.
My version of the vegan chocolate cake can be made sugar free by swapping regular sugar with coconut sugar or monkfruit sweetener. All variations will yield a super moist cake.
Can I convert this cake into a cupcake recipe?
Of course, you can.
Simply, pour the batter into cupcake liners and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Can this cake be gluten-free?
It sure can be.
Sub the all-purpose flour with any gluten-free flour and you should be good. For this recipe, I suggest you use Bob mill’s gluten-free flour. It yields great results.
This cake will soon become your family favorite too because it’s –
- perfectly sweet
- and tastes terrific the next day!
This recipe bakes a cake with a tender crumb and rich flavor that is simply the best!! What more can you ask for in a cake?
I can rave about this cake all day long. So, I’ll have to leave it for you to try and taste.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water or Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 3/4 cup Semi- sweetened Chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Crushed White choco chips as toppings
- Assemble dry ingredients. Preheat oven @350 degree F.
- Wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- Make sure no lumps are left behind.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add water.
- And mix until well blended. Do not over beat the batter or it may result in sunken cakes.
- Grease a pan and pour batter into it.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. For me it was 24 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for a while. Run a knife around the edges and invert the cake onto a clean plate.
- If you choose to make a Fudge sauce - assemble ingredients.
- Combine almond milk (use heavy cream for non vegan option) and choco chips in a bowl.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and whisk it well.
- Microwave for another 30-40 seconds until creamy and smooth. Allow the fudge to sit for 10 minutes. It will thicken.
- Transfer the cake to a wax paper and.....
- Drizzle the fudge all over the cake.
- Until the cake is fully drenched in fudge.
- Flavor your cake with whatever topping you like.
- Cut yourself a big slice and enjoy!!