Pineapple upside down cake is what my kids wanted to eat tonight so here comes my family’s favorite cake recipe and before you know, it will be half eaten 🙂 . Its a straight forward recipe, nothing complicated super easy to throw together and follow a step by step guide to prepare this wonderful textured and flavorful cake!
Before you start make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. Canned fruits are used for this recipe but fresh fruits will taste equally good. If using canned fruits drain their liquid before adding them to the recipe. Bake at 325 degree F if using a darker pan like mine but if baking in a glass bowl bake @350 degree F. Baking times may vary depending on oven temperatures – for me it was 50 minutes.
This cake is moist yet fluffy and the flavors mix wonderfully. Brown sugar and butter mix at the bottom gives this cake a nice crunchy topping and make it so delish. In fact brown sugar creates a glaze all around the bottom of the cake, giving it a nice caramel flavor.
Allow it to cool down completely before flipping. Enjoy this crumble-y and caramel-y ultimate delicious Pineapple upside down cake.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Pineapple Upside Down cake
- 1.5 cup All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 3 large Eggs
- 1.5 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
BASE LAYER OF THE CAKE
- 1 tablespoon of Unsalted Butter (to coat the pan)
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 12 pieces of Canned Pineapple slices
- 12 pieces of Canned Cherries
- Place eggs, milk and butter on the counter so that they are at room temperature before we begin with our cake.
- Assemble all the ingredients. Preheat oven @ 325 degree F if using a darker pan like mine. If using a glass baking pan bake @350 degree F. If using canned fruits, drain all the liquid.
- In a bowl cream sugar and butter together.
- Mix in eggs one by one till the mixture is creamy and frothy.
- Sift the dry ingredients and sieve it through a strainer.
- Spoon by spoon mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ones.
- Pour in the milk and beat for 1 minute.
- The mixture will be smooth and creamy.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and warm it in the oven. Once melted using a brush coat the pan from all the corners. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in the pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices and cherries over the brown sugar and
- Pour in the batter.
- Drop the pan couple of times on the counter to release any trapped air bubbles. As you may see in the picture bubbles popping on the surface.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 50-55 minutes. For me it was 50 minutes. Depending on the oven, temperatures may vary. Always insert a toothpick to check if the cake is fully cooked.
- Perfectly baked cake. Allow it to cool down completely before flipping over.
- Placing a plate on the top flip the cake over. Beautifully baked cake.
- Indulge yourself and enjoy this delicious and juicy pineapple upside down cake.