Thick and fudgy Vegan Chocolate Brownies are pure indulgences. These are the best vegan brownies you’ve ever tasted – oh so chocolaty, delicious and definitely crave-worthy!!
These brownies are prepared using ingredients you already have in your pantry + a secret ingredient. Any guesses on what could be the secret ingredient? Well keep reading, and I promise I will not keep you in suspense for long.
I love everything about these brownies. They have a crispy top with a soft, melt-in-your-mouth kind of a chewy center. This recipe uses
- No eggs
- No milk
- No butter
- And yet tastes amazing!
How???? All because of its secret ingredient. And the secret ingredient is …..drumroll…..
is the chickpea water – Aquafaba!! Wondering what an aquafaba is? 🙄
A LITTLE ABOUT AQUAFABA !
Aquafaba, the gelatinous liquid, is a great substitute to an egg. Yes, you heard me right – a great substitute to eggs. Just like eggs, this liquid when whisked gives the same fluffy texture. It a great leavening agent (one that incorporates gas bubbles into the batter) and a binding agent.
Here is a vegan mayonnaise recipe that is prepared with aquafaba.
How to make Brownies with Aquafaba?
Combine all the dry ingredients and set it aside. Assemble wet ingredients and whisk aquafaba until it is frothy and bubbly. Do not skim through this step. Add sugar and beat until the mixture forms a soft peak.
Combine wet + dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Pour the batter in a greased tray and bake as directed. For a deep chocolate flavor, I have added instant coffee powder to the batter. But that’s optional, feel free to leave that out if you don’t like the strong taste of coffee.
These brownies have the right amount of sweetness and are super moist, soft and chewy on the inside with the crispy top and edges.
I like my brownies to be chocolaty so have added a layer of chocolate on top. More chocolate – more taste – more yummy and magical!! 😀
Calling all chocolate lovers, give this recipe a try and if you happen to make this dish, leave me a comment below. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Instant Coffee (optional)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon superfine Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Aquafaba (Non-vegan option - 2 eggs)
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar
- Assemble dry ingredients.
- Assemble wet ingredients.
- Sift dry ingredients and set it aside.
- Preheat oven @350 degree F. Add aquafaba to a bowl.
- Whisk until foamy and bubbly.
- Test by holding the whisk blade upside down. Aquafaba should hold its shape and not fall of the blade. Time to proceed further.
- Add sugar and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Pour oil,vinegar and vanilla essence....
- And sifted dry ingredients. Mix gently until well combined.
- Grease a 8X8 square pan. Line it with a wax paper.
- Pour batter in the greased pan.
- Tap the pan to release trapped air.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. For me, it was 22 minutes.
- Allow the baked brownie to cool completely. Cut a square and enjoy as is or if you like chocolaty brownies then proceed further.
- Add chocolate chips to a microwavable bowl and microwave it for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir. Return it back to the microwave and cook for another 1 minute until it is all thick and gooey stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Before pouring please make sure the brownies are cold. Pour melted chocolate on the brownie.
- Spread it around and even out the edges. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- After chocolate is cooled, remove from pan and cut in squares.
- If you wish you can do a double chocolate layer on top. I did a double chocolate layer and just loved it.
- Decorate as you please.
- Cut a slice and indulge. Stays fresh for a week.