Looking for some delicious potatoes recipe for Navratri, then try my quick and easy tawa aloo chaat recipe. Requires only a handful of ingredients and trust me, you’ll be making it over and over again.
These griddle cooked potatoes are simply the best and easy to cook. For this dish, baby potatoes are tossed in a marinade of green chutney, yogurt and spices, and that creates a lip-smacking aloo chaat recipe.
RECIPE DETAIL – Feel free to use large potatoes for this recipe. You’ll need to peel and cut your potato’s into quarters. I have used baby potatoes for this recipe and I don’t even need to peel the skin. Actually it’s the thin skin that taste delicious and crisp when cooked. Sounds yummy..right??
Prepare the marinade with the spices mentioned below. Please leave out the spices that you avoid eating in fast. These potatoes are infused with a vrat ki chutney, yogurt and spice mix. You can add lemon juice in the mix or save it for later. Sprinkle it on cooked potatoes.
TIPS -Don’t have vrat ki chutney on hand, no worries – substitute chutney with 1 tablespoon cilantro paste and 2 teaspoon mint paste.
-Cook potatoes on a large nonstick tawa/griddle or cook them in a nonstick kadai.
-As needed, keep sprinkling potatoes with water until they are soft and crispy. Maintain the heat on a medium low flame.
Soon your house will be filled with the smell of these yummy potatoes and every belly will start rumbling. 🙂 Do give these lip-smacking tawa aloo chaat a try and if possible share your feedback and reviews !!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Tawa Aloo Chaat
- 3-4 medium sized Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Vrat ki Green chuteny (see notes above)
- 3 tablespoon Beaten Curd (yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds , crushed
- Salt to taste (use sendha namak)
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves - to garnish
- 2 tablespoon Oil/Ghee
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Wash and pat dry potatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and make a marinade.
- Mix it well.
- Cut potatoes into chunks and add it to the marinade.
- Toss it well. Let it sit for an hour.
- Grease a tawa/griddle.
- Transfer the potatoes onto the hot griddle.
- Cover and cook on a medium low flame.
- If needed, keep sprinkling the potatoes with water.
- Cook until soft and tender.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with vrat ki chutney (link mentioned above).