Enjoy a delicious Strawberry Crumble Bars that scream summer. These Crumble Bars are bursting with strawberry flavor and are the perfect on-the-go breakfast! Summer offers an endless amount of bright-colored juicy fruits. Personally, my favorite one is Strawberries! Well everyone loves them. I don’t think I’ve ever met a person who doesn’t cherish strawberries!
There is something unique about these sweet, fragrant strawberries; the moment I spot them, I have a strong urge to buy a boat-load of them. The pleasurable sight of these large berries always put a smile on my face.
And imagine all kinds of wonderful treats you can make with them. They’re so versatile that you can create just about anything ranging from sweet to savory dishes.
Most of the time we enjoy fresh strawberries as is – straight from the bowl.
WHAT COULD BE A BETTER WAY TO USE FRESH STRAWBERRIES?
Bake them into a delicious treat. Since I had an abundance of fresh strawberries, I thought I would bake some VEGAN STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE BARS.
Crumble bar lovers will surely love this recipe as it is –
- easy to make
- packed with fresh fruit flavor
- will satisfy your sweet -tooth craving
- a perfectly-portable snack and
- can be customized to your tastes.
During the school year, these bars make a satisfying on-the-go breakfast recipe and are a regular treat at our house!
How to make these Vegan Strawberry Crumble Bars?
It is a straightforward recipe that involves three simple steps which makes it practically foolproof. It includes a –
- Bottom layer – a delectable shortbread layer that has a lovely buttery crumb that will just melt-in-your-mouth
- Middle layer – a soft and perfectly sweet fresh strawberry layer
- Top layer – crumble topping
You start with a buttery crumb topping made with flour, butter, baking powder, sugar, and strawberry extract. The crust will double somewhat while baking. Bake as directed.
After the desired baking time, top the shortbread layer with a delicious filling made with fresh strawberries, lemon zest, sugar, and cornstarch. Lemon zest lends a beautiful, bright flavor to the mixture.
Strawberries are vital to the bars as it adds the primary source of taste within the recipe.
Finally, seal the second layer with a thick coat of cinnamon flavored crumble topping made with flour, sugar, cinnamon and vegan butter. Bake as directed.
Once baked, allow it to cool. Cut into bars, and they make an ideal portable breakfast or snack. These bars are perfect for almost scenario, from eating with your coﬀee or tea or for a small party.
Are you willing to try something different? Then take a creative twist on this recipe by trying the below combinations.
- swap strawberries with any berries or summer fruit you like
- fresh berries not in season. No worries, frozen berries will work too. Thaw, pat dry and use a mentioned
- can bake this recipe with two berries layered side by side
- wheat flour would be a great substitute
- replace regular sugar with coconut sugar
- substitute vegan butter for coconut oil
- consider Nutella, peanut butter, and almond butter as a replacement for berries
- like a fall version – top with pumpkin filling. That’s next on my list. 🙂
See, you can create endless possibilities with given ideas.
What can I say more, it’s the perfect bar for any instance and can be loved by anyone, from children to adults. All in all, it’s one recipe that you must try out, one bite of this and you will impress everyone with your baking skills.
Give it a try, and you will not be disappointed.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does and it becomes your family favorite too. If you happen to make these, then share your comments below.